Anyone going to the Euro's (1 Viewer)

skyblue025

Anyone else going off here? I've tickets for England v Wales, and if England get that far, semis and Final.

CJ_covblaze

image.jpeg Will be over there. Got tickets for every England game. Recieved this yesterday :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

CJ_covblaze

Macca

I doubt i will even watch on TV, too many disappointments over the years sadly. Kind of fancy a break from it for a couple of months, its in your face day in day out. Look forward to City starting again. Will no doubt be a theatre of diving, dissent and cheating anyway.

That was a no in case you were wondering!

torchomatic

Yeah not too bothered about internationals so doubt will go out of my way to watch any of the games.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I love an international tournament, it's like escapism apart from the rabid abuse and scapegoating of England which just seems too familiar.

Great_Expectations

I'm going to the England/Russia game - very much looking forward to it now. Planning to bring a CCFC flag too.

Anyone else heading to that one?

Johnnythespider

Pissed off that we are playing Bales at 2 O'clock on a Thursday afternoon. Don't they know we're at work then.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Pissed off that we are playing Bales at 2 O'clock on a Thursday afternoon. Don't they know we're at work then.

Second biggest game of the group stage. Hardly ideal timing. Would've made sense to make the draw then allocate the stadiums rather than the other way around.

CJ_covblaze

I'm going to the England/Russia game - very much looking forward to it now. Planning to bring a CCFC flag too.

Anyone else heading to that one?

Certainly will be. Will be loads of other Cov over there. Keep your whits about you there. Horrible place full of crime and scumbags.

no_loyalty

Very inconsiderate, have had to book a days holiday from work as no time off in lieu being granted

Terry Gibson's perm

I am off work on garden leave at the moment so would be fine to watch any games until the 20th or after if I don't get a new job. But my little girl is having an operation on the morning of the Wales match so might struggle to see it

Great_Expectations

Certainly will be. Will be loads of other Cov over there. Keep your whits about you there. Horrible place full of crime and scumbags.

Little worried about the game following recent newspaper reports, but I'm sure there will be heightened security around the ground.

I've never been to Marseille, always presumed it was a nice place (south of France etc), but obviously not! What makes you say that?

CJ_covblaze

Little worried about the game following recent newspaper reports, but I'm sure there will be heightened security around the ground.

I've never been to Marseille, always presumed it was a nice place (south of France etc), but obviously not! What makes you say that?

I don't think terrorism is going to be any more likely there than any other big city either here or abroad tbh. We live in an age where anything could happen at any time. We can't ignore the threats but if we live in fear they've won.

The port area is ok but overall the city is a dump. Only place I've been to that's worse than Milan. Regarded as one of the most hostile places in Europe. Locals are savages. Then you add in the local plod and the Russians. Some sections of all 3 will have the opinion that every Englishman is a hooligan from the 1970/80s!

Must remember though that the security presence will be at it's highest possible level across the whole country, more so there and Paris so it could mean that the place will never be safer. Keep your belongings safe, particularly in the fanzones as they're a pickpocket's dream. Tbh the beer's expensive weak rubbish in those and you'd have a better time in the bars before, during and after games anyway. Also try not to walk around alone, especially at night. Been told in the past that large groups may attract attention but that's a good thing in a way as the law enforcement and security team will be extra vigilant.

R

RB1992

I've got tickets to the Russia & Slovakia games. Flying out Thursday.

My first international tournament & will only be my 2nd & 3rd international games after Germany (what a night).

Can't wait.

CJ_covblaze

I've got tickets to the Russia & Slovakia games. Flying out Thursday.

My first international tournament & will only be my 2nd & 3rd international games after Germany (what a night).

Can't wait.

Know it was only a friendly but how good was that?! Probably still got the bruises now from when Eric scored that goal.

Sky Blue Harry H

CJ - ever been to Naples? That place has got to be worse than Milan, surely?
I have travelled through Milan a few times (en route to Lake Garda) and spent a couple of days there, and although the station was a sh*thole (cleaned up more recently), it seems way more upmarket than Naples, and far less dodgy (did the local ragazzi give you problems?)

CJ_covblaze

CJ - ever been to Naples? That place has got to be worse than Milan, surely?
I have travelled through Milan a few times (en route to Lake Garda) and spent a couple of days there, and although the station was a sh*thole (cleaned up more recently), it seems way more upmarket than Naples, and far less dodgy (did the local ragazzi give you problems?)

Briefly stopped there for an hour. Can't really remember much about the place tbh. The only places in Italy that I've been to and want to return to are Lake Garda and Mugello. Two others worth a mention are Turin (apart from the arseholes that live there) and Trieste. They're both nice but a bit boring. Ok to to stop off and have a look round for an afternoon but not much to look at. As for the rest of Italy I would rather spend two weeks in Atherstone or Hinckley. Milan is just full of graffiti, tramps and litter. The walk up to the San Siro is a bit of an eye opener.

SBAndy

Just got myself a ticket for England v Wales. Getting the Eurostar over to Lille next Tuesday, then heading to Paris on Friday and Eurostar home on Sunday.

Sky Blue Harry H

Briefly stopped there for an hour. Can't really remember much about the place tbh. The only places in Italy that I've been to and want to return to are Lake Garda and Mugello. Two others worth a mention are Turin (apart from the arseholes that live there) and Trieste. They're both nice but a bit boring. Ok to to stop off and have a look round for an afternoon but not much to look at. As for the rest of Italy I would rather spend two weeks in Atherstone or Hinckley. Milan is just full of graffiti, tramps and litter. The walk up to the San Siro is a bit of an eye opener.

OK mate - shan't cancel my fortnight in Lake Garda now - stay safe in Marseille, and I'll look out for your flag from my front room, lager in hand. Enjoy !

Johnnythespider

To those going to France the Foriegn office is asking fans to remain vigilant in light of terror threats. Stay safe and have a good trip.

CJ_covblaze

OK mate - shan't cancel my fortnight in Lake Garda now - stay safe in Marseille, and I'll look out for your flag from my front room, lager in hand. Enjoy !

Lol. I wouldn't have done it on my advice. No Judith Chalmers. Cheers!

ajsccfc

Where in Lake Garda? Stayed in Malcesine last year with trips to Verona and Limone, it's an incredible area.

CJ_covblaze

image.jpeg
Where in Lake Garda? Stayed in Malcesine last year with trips to Verona and Limone, it's an incredible area.

Went all round there as a kid. Also a few times since for work and for pre season.

Monners

CJ, will be posting up some photos with a few lines fo text on here as you travel round. Maybe encourage other Cov fans to do the same? I am sure a fans view of things would be of great interest to many.

ajsccfc

This is where we were last year. Would go back in a second.

fmWL5ec.jpg

nqu9UjP.jpg

g0zvMJf.jpg

CJ_covblaze

CJ, will be posting up some photos with a few lines fo text on here as you travel round. Maybe encourage other Cov fans to do the same? I am sure a fans view of things would be of great interest to many.

Certainly will be. Might put a bit on my blog. Will certainly be adding to my long running one. It's here https://cjcovblaze.wordpress.com/2016/06/05/my-2015-16-football-season/ if you've a minute or two spare to have a look. Will hopefully finish on 79 games!

CJ_covblaze

England supporters club have just released more tickets for the Russia game.

Cheaper than what we paid months ago despite paying for them before some knowing if they had them or not. Cheers UEFA! Doubt many will take them up though. Too late to join and most that haven't bought don't want to go because of where it is.

Slovakia Wales was 20€ for a Cat 2 yesterday on the UEFA portal. Around 100€ less than they were originally.

Terry Gibson's perm

Must be a massive success if they are flogging the tickets off, hope the crooks at UEFA make a huge loss, but I guess it doesn't matter as they reward themselves hide bonuses either way.

Users who are viewing this thread