Anyone want to send a letter to Seppala? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Nick

Administrator
I bet the shredder at SISU HQ will be on overdrive.

Will people be there on a Saturday or are they just going to walk up, post it and then go again?

torchomatic

Waste of paper. Why is she going to listen? Fisher didn't at the forums.

Nick

Administrator
Just sounds a bit pointless, without sounding harsh the fellas are wasting their money on the train fare.

Monkeyface

Just sounds a bit pointless, without sounding harsh the fellas are wasting their money on the train fare.

Well I'm just glad some are trying to do something, and its costing them a tenner on the coach. Fair play to them I say, shame theres not more willing to stand up and be counted, bet SISU think we don't give a shit sometimes.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think posting the letter and petition to her house would make sure see opens the mail herself, otherwise it will be the post room at HQ just binning it.

Nick

Administrator
Well I'm just glad some are trying to do something, and its costing them a tenner on the coach. Fair play to them I say, shame theres not more willing to stand up and be counted, bet SISU think we don't give a shit sometimes.

This old chestnut about somebody doing something..

I am all for people doing things, but when it pretty much won't make any difference then is there much point? Is Joy going to suddenly come to the door at the office and take the letter personally from the fans or will the guard just say piss off and take the letters and throw them in the bin?

Surely going on a Saturday will mean 95% of the offices will be empty anyway?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am all for people doing things, but when it pretty much won't make any difference then is there much point? Is Joy going to suddenly come to the door at the office and take the letter personally from the fans or will the guard just say piss off and take the letters and throw them in the bin?

Probably the latter thats not the point though is it? All the investigations into finances on here all the speculation all the rights and wrongs all the forums threats by us havent made the slightest bit of difference. So a group of fans go to London they wont see Joy unless its Joy the cleaner theres one coach going BUT what would the reaction be if 10 coaches went? Publicity in her own back yard for a woman who guards her secrecy :thinking about:So I am going to participate in this grand futile gesture because as fans all our gestures are futile why because we havent got the cash to get rid of these people. We are listened to but nobody gives a shit about what we want so perhaps this futile gesture will make the people who are going feel a little better. Also it will keep me off here for a few hours hoping to read some good news.

Monkeyface

Surely going on a Saturday will mean 95% of the offices will be empty anyway?

Its not an "old chestnut" people standing up for what they believe is an inherent part of human nature. Your right, she's not going to open the door, and take the letters, but if any part of the media pick up on it and report it good. No one single action ever achieves anything, Emily Davison being killed at Epsom didn't win women the vote, it was the hundreds of other actions that got them what they want. And although our plight may seem minuscule in comparison, the guys and girls going to London get my full support and although I won't be there Saturday, I will at the next protest they hold. Power to the people!!

skybluebeduff

Dear Joy

Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.
It's a catastrophic success of failure which makes me write this letter to you, I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.

After all that has gone on, If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Also they say Honesty is the best policy -- when there is money in it.
Perhaps I might move to Walsall, England. The transition between Walsall and death would be unnoticeable.
You have delighted us long enough. You're A modest little person, with much to be modest about.

I know it will make sense to you oh Joy oh Joy, so I leave you with a quote from Samuel Butler: "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat, until he eats them.

Regards

W.S

p.s

I wish we were better strangers.

Nick

Administrator
Probably the latter thats not the point though is it? All the investigations into finances on here all the speculation all the rights and wrongs all the forums threats by us havent made the slightest bit of difference. So a group of fans go to London they wont see Joy unless its Joy the cleaner theres one coach going BUT what would the reaction be if 10 coaches went? Publicity in her own back yard for a woman who guards her secrecy :thinking about:So I am going to participate in this grand futile gesture because as fans all our gestures are futile why because we havent got the cash to get rid of these people. We are listened to but nobody gives a shit about what we want so perhaps this futile gesture will make the people who are going feel a little better. Also it will keep me off here for a few hours hoping to read some good news.

Obviously if people want to do it and they will feel better than fair enough, but if people say "it won't achieve anything" and then the "at least they are doing something" argument comes out then surely it shows that people don't think the actions taken will achieve anything.

If actions were being taken that everybody thought WOULD make a difference then surely it would get more support?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Obviously if people want to do it and they will feel better than fair enough, but if people say "it won't achieve anything" and then the "at least they are doing something" argument comes out then surely it shows that people don't think the actions taken will achieve anything.

If actions were being taken that everybody thought WOULD make a difference then surely it would get more support?
No it wouldnt we couldnt even find enough people in Coventry to fill 3 of Fishers forums not even 600 people all the concern on here is 90% bollox all talk. When its gone people will say why didnt they do something :facepalm:THEY :jerkit:

Nick

Administrator
No it wouldnt we couldnt even find enough people in Coventry to fill 3 of Fishers forums not even 600 people all the concern on here is 90% bollox all talk. When its gone people will say why didnt they do something :facepalm:THEY :jerkit:

Maybe they just thought / knew it wouldn't make much difference so they didn't bother? City fans are cynical and very fickle.

The way they would see it is, what's the point in going to London to hand over a letter that is going to go in the bin when they could just put a stamp on for it to go in the bin?

Some people have families and other commitments so wouldn't bother sacrificing them unless they knew there was a point to it and it could actually make a difference. I wouldn't say it makes them a wanker because they would rather do something else with their family rather than standing in the rain outside a hotel or Ryton knowing full well it won't achieve anything.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Maybe they just thought / knew it wouldn't make much difference so they didn't bother? City fans are cynical and very fickle.

The way they would see it is, what's the point in going to London to hand over a letter that is going to go in the bin when they could just put a stamp on for it to go in the bin?

Some people have families and other commitments so wouldn't bother sacrificing them unless they knew there was a point to it and it could actually make a difference. I wouldn't say it makes them a wanker because they would rather do something else with their family rather than standing in the rain outside a hotel or Ryton knowing full well it won't achieve anything.

Good........

_brian_

Could we not all chip in to pay for a coach to bring Joy up to Coventry? That would save everyone the trip down to London and would mean we could hand her the letters from here - even those who aren't able to go to London. Just trying to think outside of the box!

Danceswithhorses

We could do a 'shawshank redemption' to her and write a letter a letter every day...it worked for Andy Defresne !

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Hang on nick, you can't now use the people 'other commitments' argument, because that's not what either BHSB or myself have challenged you on. Your stance was that 'it won't do any good, which we challenged that, you now have to demonstrate a scenario where doing nothing has been for the betterment of mankind. Like BHSB said less than 600 people at the fans forums is poor, its no wonder TF can keep avoiding questions and saying things like 'a considerable number of fans have said they will travel outside the city' because he and SISU think we as a group of fans don't give enough of a shit. Now if you want to sit and be fed shit and accept it, that's your decision, but I don't. Its the same when people say 'the Trust doesn't represent my views' and then moan about what they are doing, don't just sit there complaining to the computer. Join up and go to the meetings, tell them that you don't like their stance, and influence them to the way you think.

Nick

Administrator
Hang on nick, you can't now use the people 'other commitments' argument, because that's not what either BHSB or myself have challenged you on. Your stance was that 'it won't do any good, which we challenged that, you now have to demonstrate a scenario where doing nothing has been for the betterment of mankind. Like BHSB said less than 600 people at the fans forums is poor, its no wonder TF can keep avoiding questions and saying things like 'a considerable number of fans have said they will travel outside the city' because he and SISU think we as a group of fans don't give enough of a shit. Now if you want to sit and be fed shit and accept it, that's your decision, but I don't. Its the same when people say 'the Trust doesn't represent my views' and then moan about what they are doing, don't just sit there complaining to the computer. Join up and go to the meetings, tell them that you don't like their stance, and influence them to the way you think.

No, I was replying to the bit about going to forums and not many people turning up, that is why I used other commitments. You are mentioning numbers of people going to forums and protests etc which is why I mentioned people having other things to be doing.

If you want to go all the way to London to put a letter in a letterbox as it makes you feel better for giving enough of a shit then fair play to you, it isn't for everybody and neither is going to a fans forum. Maybe at the forums if there weren't people asking stupid questions there would have been more time for people who know what they are talking about to quiz them and get some answers, instead people shouting "just go Tim" give Fisher a way out as he could deal with those questions in his sleep.

Again, why wouldn't the trust take onboard feedback via forums? Would a lot of people feel comfortable going into a pub where a group of people they don't know are and saying "I think you are doing it wrong". They would probably just get told "At least we are doing something", like they do on here.

I haven't said doing nothing is the best form of action, but then again I am not running a fans trust am I? Why not try to get feedback from members to see what they think will make a difference and communicate a bit more rather than saying everything has to be done at a pub?

How about live web chats and more interaction with members that way rather than saying you only have a say if you go to the pub? I am pretty sure most members would say it isn't a good idea to go to a place where nobody will be to hand over a letter in terms of making an impact?

rupert_bear

Protest is only anygood if it is followed up, if this demo is just the start fine. Once an alternative ground is announced the anti must be raised to get the decision reversed, if it is Walsall for example approaches should be made to their hirearchy to get them to such a decision, involve their supporter groups and make overtures to the police. Playing at rivals grounds is fraught with alsorts of issues and authorities have a duty of care to it's citizens.

Steve.B50

I bet the shredder at SISU HQ will be on overdrive.

Will people be there on a Saturday or are they just going to walk up, post it and then go again?

Nick
They have Security and Reception 24/7, anything left has to be signed for.
It seems that JS might not actually be aware of everything that Mr Fisher is doing.

Nick

Administrator
Nick
It seems that JS might not actually be aware of everything that Mr Fisher is doing.

I know that it would be received but is it 100% that it would get to where it is intended? It is the same at any business, it gets to reception where it is filtered, it gets to a PA and then it is filtered again before it even reaches the person intended for.

If the person is secretive and out of the public domain anyway it will be even worse.

Sub

Nick

What ? he is in daily contact with her !! or is that more bullshit from fisher ?

what makes you think she does not know what is going on steve?

Users who are viewing this thread