Anyone want to send a letter to Seppala? (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

No idea if he talks to her every day or not but how much does he tell her?
Some of the abuse and hassle he gets cannot be filtterd back to her as she would be saying "Its ok Tim, chin up and I will write another cheque"
The one thing we do know about SP her office is her castle

Good to hold her to account, isn't it?

Well thanks to her firm our club is in a worse state than it was when they took control and in danger of abandoning its own community. So yes we will hold her accountable.

Ever heard of the saying 'the customer is always right'? I'd think about that before trying to saddle the blame on the 'pickers and choosers'.

wingy

Well thanks to her firm our club is in a worse state than it was when they took control and in danger of abandoning its own community. So yes we will hold her accountable.

Ever heard of the saying 'the customer is always right'? I'd think about that before trying to saddle the blame on the 'pickers and choosers'.

Don't you start bringing the Saddlers into it Ginetta.:facepalm:

Monkeyface

I know that it would be received but is it 100% that it would get to where it is intended? It is the same at any business, it gets to reception where it is filtered, it gets to a PA and then it is filtered again before it even reaches the person intended for.

If the person is secretive and out of the public domain anyway it will be even worse.

In that case I guess I guess your right and we should all give up!

rob9872

People still write letters ???

Matty_CCFC

I know I for one would feel better by putting my anger and frustrations in writing, otherwise I will just kick the cat, again.

Nick

Administrator
In that case I guess I guess your right and we should all give up!

Did I say that? More like efforts are being directed in the wrong direction? Fair play for trying but don't moan at others who aren't because they think it is a bit pointless.

Does it not seem slightly pointless to you to go and protest outside an office at a weekend where nobody will be? Would shouting at a door change anything?

It seems like the trust has gone full circle from the Save Our City right back round to SISU out.

If the trust come up with an idea that would make people think it would make a difference, people would be out in force... All of these statements about planning action make everything sound so serious and formal, until the action is going to London to post a letter.

TurkeyTrot

Did I say that? More like efforts are being directed in the wrong direction? Fair play for trying but don't moan at others who aren't because they think it is a bit pointless.

Does it not seem slightly pointless to you to go and protest outside an office at a weekend where nobody will be? Would shouting at a door change anything?

It seems like the trust has gone full circle from the Save Our City right back round to SISU out.

If the trust come up with an idea that would make people think it would make a difference, people would be out in force... All of these statements about planning action make everything sound so serious and formal, until the action is going to London to post a letter.

Nick, I think you're missing the point here. It's not just about going to London to give Joy a letter. There is so much more. It's about meeting members who are sick of the situation, chatting face to face and maybe sharing/ coming up with new ideas and opinions. It's about getting national media interest in what's going on at our club. The more visual it is the better. That's how it works, on its own it will achieve little but it's about raising the profile and turning the heat up a little.

Paxman II

I can't quite believe what I hear on here from some of you. It is at times so self interesting. Why not look at it the way it is and climb out of the bubble some of you are in and recognise that this is not purely all SISU's fault?
There are culprits that are as much culpable as they are in this whole saga, which was evident the other day with ACL's made that daft statement in a frenzy over preserving football at the Ricoh.

At the end of the day these private companies that own football clubs with the greatest respect in the world for football supporters, will do what is right for them and hopefully by association the right thing for the football club. They can make mistakes, who hasn't trying run football clubs? The end game is still to make money not to lose it.

I have no idea if any other 'preferred' bidder will be any better. In fact I would be very sceptical of it.
Faced with the demise of the football club and poor decisions that helped get us here, SISU have been guilty of a lack of better decision making when it mattered most. Their brash style has not been received well by the council or ACL but the council and ACL have for the most part maintained a combative and unhelpful stance to the football club they should support within their community.

They are all guilty of letting this get to this position. Now it will have to play out. SISU have made plans that we should take seriously, what plan has ACL made exactly?
Suggesting that Tim Fisher does not tell his boss everything is frankly absurd. Of course he does and no doubt gets direction from the top too.

It's become a game of cat and mouse and a whole risk of legal brinkmanship pending if the next step is simply to destroy what's left of the football club and allow outsiders to try and start it all again when the company most likely to succeed are already in place?
The council burnt their bridges against a determined and strongly committed SISU than we all thought. There were ways to deal with each other and both sides should have found that avenue.

I want to see us at the Ricoh, absolutely. But I want the Ricoh to be signed over to the football club (at a premium) on a long established lease that gives the football club the opportunity to do it's business with all the various income streams the stadium can muster. The council should not be in business operating a stadium through a management company on behalf of tax payers who those same taxpayers want to see their football club remain in the community. The councils stance on refusing to adjust to this is the main reason we are where we are now.
Any owner would have had the same issue with the stadium and paying rent to a council (through it's management company) for the use of a stadium and no income from it at a high rent? Other owners may have been less despicably in their methods but the end result would be the same conclusion: sustainability or find another stadium.

Last edited:

TurkeyTrot

I can't quite believe what I hear on here from some of you. It is at times so self interesting. Why not look at it the way it is and climb out of the bubble some of you are in and recognise that this is not purely all SISU's fault?
There are culprits that are as much culpable as they are in this whole saga, which was evident the other day with ACL's made that daft statement in a frenzy over preserving football at the Ricoh.

At the end of the day these private companies that own football clubs with the greatest respect in the world for football supporters, will do what is right for them and hopefully by association the right thing for the football club. They can make mistakes, who hasn't trying run football clubs? The end game is still to make money not to lose it.

I have no idea if any other 'preferred' bidder will be any better. In fact I would be very sceptical of it.
Faced with the demise of the football club and poor decisions that helped get us here, SISU have been guilty of a lack of better decision making when it mattered most. Their brash style has not been received well by the council or ACL but the council and ACL have for the most part maintained a combative and unhelpful stance to the football club they should support within their community.

They are all guilty of letting this get to this position. Now it will have to play out. SISU have made plans that we should take seriously, what plan has ACL made exactly?
Suggesting that Tim Fisher does not tell his boss everything is frankly absurd. Of course he does and no doubt gets direction from the top too.

It's become a game of cat and mouse and a whole risk of legal brinkmanship pending if the next step is simply to destroy what's left of the football club and allow outsiders to try and start it all again when the company most likely to succeed are already in place?
The council burnt their bridges against a determined and strongly committed SISU than we all thought. There were ways to deal with each other and both sides should have found that avenue.

I want to see us at the Ricoh, absolutely. But I want the Ricoh to be signed over to the football club (at a premium) on a long established lease that gives the football club the opportunity to do it's business with all the various income streams the stadium can muster. The council should not be in business operating a stadium through a management company on behalf of tax payers who those same taxpayers want to see their football club remain in the community. The councils stance on refusing to adjust to this is the main reason we are where we are now.
Any owner would have had the same issue with the stadium and paying rent to a council (through it's management company) for the use of a stadium and no income from it at a high rent? Other owners may have been less despicably in their methods but the end result would be the same conclusion: sustainability or find another stadium.

No one would argue that sustainability has to be the key. Regardless of who comes out of this owning the football club it needs to have a plan of action that is sustainable in the long term.
It's dead easy though to blame ACL and or the Council, or to say they are part to blame.
Was it the council that approached the football club to lend them money when the football club ran out of money to build the Ricoh in the first place?
Was it the Higgs trust that went to the football club and forced a deal with them to buy the other half?
Were SISU allowed to go through the business of CCFC when they purchased the Club?
SISU were sold a pup, no doubt about that but it certainly ain't ACL or the councils fault SISU bought a lemon. It's SISU fault.

Paxman II

Partially correct turkey trot but not accurate. However I agree with the sentiment but that's still no reason we are here today and not helped by a lack of support from the council when required most for an obvious situation that would not go away until finally addresses in some form to the satisfaction of all parties and the sustainability of a football club into the future regardless of ownership.

Nonleagueherewecome

Waste of paper. Why is she going to listen? Fisher didn't at the forums.

And it wouldn't be the first time that a letter to a JS ended in "disappointment"...

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I think you're missing the point here. It's not just about going to London to give Joy a letter. There is so much more. It's about meeting members who are sick of the situation, chatting face to face and maybe sharing/ coming up with new ideas and opinions. It's about getting national media interest in what's going on at our club. The more visual it is the better. That's how it works, on its own it will achieve little but it's about raising the profile and turning the heat up a little.

Jolly boys outing?

What will the national media do about a few fans posting a letter?

Why do members have to go to London or the squirrel to have a voice?

Nonleagueherewecome

This old chestnut about somebody doing something..

I am all for people doing things, but when it pretty much won't make any difference then is there much point? Is Joy going to suddenly come to the door at the office and take the letter personally from the fans or will the guard just say piss off and take the letters and throw them in the bin?

Surely going on a Saturday will mean 95% of the offices will be empty anyway?

You'd be bloody useless in a war.

Nonleagueherewecome

Obviously if people want to do it and they will feel better than fair enough, but if people say "it won't achieve anything" and then the "at least they are doing something" argument comes out then surely it shows that people don't think the actions taken will achieve anything.

If actions were being taken that everybody thought WOULD make a difference then surely it would get more support?

You can try-and if what you do in the event makes even 1% contribution to them going away, it's totally worth it!

TurkeyTrot

Jolly boys outing?

And a few girls too.

I dunno what they'll do Nick. But you never know, they might report on it.

They don't have to. But it's nice to have a pleasant chat about things rather then be hunched up behind a keyboard.

Nonleagueherewecome

I wouldn't be on the front line armed with a pen and paper though?

"The enemy are advancing...we can either make a stand here or fall back hoping to find better defensive terrain"

"Oh, what's the point, we're going to lose anyway, probably..."

Nick

Administrator
"The enemy are advancing...we can either make a stand here or fall back hoping to find better defensive terrain"

"Oh, what's the point, we're going to lose anyway, probably..."

I would probably be busy trying to cut down a rain forest with nail scissors or something as equally pointless instead ;)

letsallsingtogether

So the members of the trust don't have families and jobs so they can all make it down their in the week they do need to meet to make preparations because as Fisher has said they read all of the Treads on these types of forums therefore you are giving them a heads up on what you intend to do. Oh lets all just give up and do nothing lets all just vote and let the club wind up.
I am sure they also go to the meetings but you have more chance of seeing who is their.................

Jolly boys outing?

Users who are viewing this thread