Anyone who goes to 'home' games next season is a mug (1 Viewer)

Agreed. I also think it is acceptable to all fans that cross the picket line so to speak "mugs". If it is a case of not a single penny more then a blanket boycott is in order. Do not bring money into Northants and do not cross the county line. Anyone that does is unfortunately a scab.
Is that you Elad?

D

Deleted member 5612

There will be around 500 cov fans at the first game in Northampton!<br />
<br />
I cannot believe anyone would be foolish to go!<br />
<br />
Just remember we fans hold all the power in this game for SISU.<br />
<br />
Im not going with my mates thats 8 of us. I dont care if we are top of the leauge.<br />
<br />
Not one penny more from me and 8 others.<br />
<br />
If we show solidarity and not 1 fan turned up the media would go into frenzy.<br />
<br />
And the message would be loud and clear to SISU<br />
<br />
There plan wont work.<br />
<br />
Attendance on August 10th will tell so many stories!
<br />
<br />
Genuinely in a dilemma, love the Lads in Sky Blue, but hate SISU and what they're doing. However, there is a genuine risk if no one goes to watch City, they'll be no team to come back to Coventry - it feels like a case of damned if we do damned if we don't.

lordsummerisle

Agreed. I also think it is acceptable to all fans that cross the picket line so to speak "mugs". If it is a case of not a single penny more then a blanket boycott is in order. Do not bring money into Northants and do not cross the county line. Anyone that does is unfortunately a scab.

There are around 5000 Cov fans who don't care if a team is uprooted from it's home town and moved miles away, but they'll claim "It's just supporting the team" even though they're putting money in the pockets of the people who did it,

Brighton Sky Blue

I won't go as far as calling anyone who goes a scab however I will say in no uncertain terms that the worst deal may well be for those wanting to go to away games only. The side effect of having virtually no income from ticket sales will be that the team put on the field will be a scratch youth team that will face humiliation wherever it goes. I just can't stomach such a prospect.

valiant15

Who's to say they'll come back? If they don't all they'll do is lose there 1mill bond. Take it as your club has gone permanently.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who's to say they'll come back? If they don't all they'll do is lose there 1mill bond. Take it as your club has gone permanently.

Would be a nice £1m for the League to put towards celebrating the successful deaths of two established clubs. Wonder who they've got lined up next?

ajsccfc

When you look at how much US cities bid to create or relocate a franchise, the FL have given some lucky town a steal at only £1m.

ccfcway

If effect, SISU have just bought Northampton Town for £1 million

There will be no getting rid of them !

Brighton Sky Blue

If effect, SISU have just bought Northampton Town for £1 million

There will be no getting rid of them !

Perhaps it won't be too long before we manage to merge every club in the League and have 'England FC' winning the league every year with no opposition. SISU are true visionaries of the game.

RFC

I'll be going, whenever I can and buying a season ticket, I SUPPORT THE SKY BLUES, wherever they play! PUSB

Snozz_is_god

How many would we take to Northampton if we were playing them away (and lets say mid-table mid week) 500 max.

So that's what our 'home' gates will be

mattylad

For me its a no brainer, who wants to sit in a purple stadium on a Friday night or Sunday lunchtime and watch a bunch of kids getting battered. If you dont think anyone of value will be sold before the window closes to pay for this your in the clouds.

Sky Blues

Brighton Sky Blue

"This is a genuine attempt to help a football club who have asked for our help. In no way did we try and tempt Coventry here, we are just helping out, as asked, a club who has nowhere to play."

That last line should read: "a club whose owners chose to have nowhere to play."

It's total garbage. He goes onto say words to the effect of 'We had no plan to tempt a club away from its community for financial gain'-well that is exactly what you have done Mr Chairman.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sterling Archer

I'm no mug.
I'll be listening in supporting every other team they play.
Relegation is my goal.

Will start my negative support the day we play at Northampton.

You're actually wanting the other team to win? I'm not going but I would NEVER want the other team to win!!!

Good riddance to you, don't come back.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'll be going, whenever I can and buying a season ticket, I SUPPORT THE SKY BLUES, wherever they play! PUSB

Don't usually like having a pop at individual posters, but your recent posts are so pro SISU, and so lacking a genuine empathy with the majority offans feelings, methinks you an imposter (see what I did with that word;)and I challenge you to a duel within 30 miles of the City walls:D:D

lordsummerisle

Don't usually like having a pop at individual posters, but your recent posts are so pro SISU, and so lacking a genuine empathy with the majority offans feelings, methinks you an imposter (see what I did with that word;)and I challenge you to a duel within 30 miles of the City walls:D:D

He's not an imposter, used to post on the CET, it's the IMHO that reminded me of him!

Johnnythespider

RFC, 2 questions, is your post based in the belief that they are coming back, or would you just follow them to wherever no matter what ?. Do you support franchised football in the uk, as that is what i believe is happening here all be it by the back door.

theferret

RFC, 2 questions, is your post based in the belief that they are coming back, or would you just follow them to wherever no matter what ?. Do you support franchised football in the uk, as that is what i believe is happening here all be it by the back door.

Genuine question, why do you think this is franchising by the back door? What large urban conurbation without a football team could they possible relocate to where they could generate 32,000 for a JPT game or 10K average in division 3? Nowhere, so of what benefit would a permanent relocation be?

I'm shocked and angry at what is happening, but I do believe (that they believe) it is temporary. And by that I mean a return to the Ricoh because the new stadium idea is a non-starter.

Nonleagueherewecome

italiahorse

You're actually wanting the other team to win? I'm not going but I would NEVER want the other team to win!!!

Good riddance to you, don't come back.

As soon as the first home game is at Northampton I will be gone.
I can't support SISU Utd.
Good luck.

Johnnythespider

Genuine question, why do you think this is franchising by the back door? What large urban conurbation without a football team could they possible relocate to where they could generate 32,000 for a JPT game or 10K average in division 3? Nowhere, so of what benefit would a permanent relocation be?

I'm shocked and angry at what is happening, but I do believe (that they believe) it is temporary. And by that I mean a return to the Ricoh because the new stadium idea is a non-starter.

It's based on my belief that they feel they will be able to carry enough support with them to northampton for a jpt game, and that they are more likely to try and develop the sixfields site than come back to the ricoh or build a new stadium, which as you said is a non starter, the only way they will come back to the ricoh is if they win the court case against ccc. I do of course hope i'm wrong ( it wouldn't be the first time ) and that you are correct.

letsallsingtogether

But by causing all this shit I believe they will loose a few thousand fans even if they stayed at the Ricoh they have pissed off so many people.
It's based on my belief that they feel they will be able to carry enough support with them to northampton for a jpt game, and that they are more likely to try and develop the sixfields site than come back to the ricoh or build a new stadium, which as you said is a non starter, the only way they will come back to the ricoh is if they win the court case against ccc. I do of course hope i'm wrong ( it wouldn't be the first time ) and that you are correct.

ajsccfc

Was the IMHO guy the same one who'd always 'emphasise' the completely wrong words 'as if' they were titles 'of' things?

Users who are viewing this thread