Appleton Speaks (2 Viewers)

TurkeyTrot

SISU are used to being cosy with administrators aren't they, its their field of regular play for them. This individual sounds like a spokesman not someone who is totally impartial !!

If he believes the "golden share" is with the solvent company why is he getting involved in negotiations with ACL? Surely he's the administrator of the insolvent company that's not linked in any way shape or form to the solvent one.

sky blue john

His comments don't make sense though. It should be easy to tell who has the share. Surely. Did we ask the football league to move it? Yes or no? If yes when? If no oops! If recently have we paperwork to say it was ok? If not oops

Obviously he has been doing the job since last thursday surely he should know a simple question " where is the football league share "

torchomatic

More conspiratorial claptrap. Let the bloke get on with it.

SISU are used to being cosy with administrators aren't they, its their field of regular play for them. This individual sounds like a spokesman not someone who is totally impartial !!

torchomatic

Well, no one else seems to either. ACL or the FL.

Obviously he has been doing the job since last thursday surely he should know a simple question " where is the football league share "

Nonleagueherewecome

I want to know when he changed his name from McCarthy...

Nonleagueherewecome

Really guys? Why the beef with this guy? Christ sake...we've been complaining that someone needs to mediate between the two sides of the ongoing playground debate and when someone does (and keeps the fans updated), they're berated??

Jesus wept.....

WM

Well he doesn't know where the Golden Share is, despite the FL telling us where it is as far as they are concerned? Bit worrying, that, no?

Nonleagueherewecome

Stevearcade

The fact that nobody seems to be able to pinpoint the Golden Share and who exactly it belongs too, shows that there's some really messy crap to clean up with a lack of transparency throughout. It's all a bit dodgy sounding isn't it. Let's hope this chap can sort through the shit, save us a ten point deduction and help get some sensibility into this whole thing.

Skyblueweeman

To which they have no choice?

Off course they do/did. They had the perfect opportunity to raise an objection at the high court today. They didn't. They has asked for an adjournment from Friday until today as "There may be issues about the viability of the appointment of administrator." If they uncovered any issues, they would've made them clear today.

The lack of questionning this today suggests that they're fine with the current administrator, no?

WM

Nonleagueherewecome

Off course they do/did. They had the perfect opportunity to raise an objection at the high court today. They didn't. They has asked for an adjournment from Friday until today as "There may be issues about the viability of the appointment of administrator." If they uncovered any issues, they would've made them clear today.

The lack of questionning this today suggests that they're fine with the current administrator, no?

WM

As secured creditor ARVO (ie SISU) appoint the administrator.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

WM

Maybe ACL see arguing over the administrator is yet another hurdle standing between our current situation and conclusion? The Football League, for example, have a view on where the Golden Share resides. Maybe ACL have confidence that any officer of the court, faced with compelling evidence will find in their favour immaterial?

Nonleagueherewecome

On paper, yes. But I've not seen an official statement from the FL confirming this. Have you???

Are you refuting what's been reported? Is Appleton? He isn't clear on that...

theferret

Maybe ACL see arguing over the administrator is yet another hurdle standing between our current situation and conclusion? The Football League, for example, have a view on where the Golden Share resides. Maybe ACL have confidence that any officer of the court, faced with compelling evidence will find in their favour immaterial?

Quite possibly, but the fact remains having requested the adjournment they have now informed the court they are happy to proceed with the appointed administrator suggesting there are no major concerns.

He is an officer of the court when all said and done. Suggestions by some that he is in bed with SISU are premature to say the least.

Skyblueweeman

You might be right MMM. I would've thought though with so much at stake (more than just the club...pride, perception etc) that if they did have an objection, they still will have raised it.

The courts and the legal system have agreed to the appointment of the administrator (I assume they could've rejected) and hopefully now it's just more than 'two kids quarelling over whose dad's bigger'.

WM

Nonleagueherewecome

Quite possibly, but the fact remains having requested the adjournment they have now informed the court they are happy to proceed with the appointed administrator suggesting there are no major concerns.

He is an officer of the court when all said and done. Suggestions by some that he is in bed with SISU are premature to say the least.

From my perspective it's not that he's in bed with SISU, but he's sounding a bit incompetent if he's going against what the FL have said regarding the location of the Golden Share. That maybe because he only knows what SISU have told him.

Skyblueweeman

Are you refuting what's been reported? Is Appleton? He isn't clear on that...

Fair point. I suspect that we're potentially in the sh*t for trying to pull the wool over the FLs eye. My initial point though is that he's communicating with the fans (at least he's releasing a statement and not keeping schtum) yet still gets lambasted.

WM

lordsummerisle

Bit slow on here, nobody come up with "CrAppleton" to go with "Wisher" and "Faggot" yet?

Can't wait til "Fuckoffman" and "Smelliott" take over with Preston "Ordinary Boy" Hatchet.

cloughie

Appelton is joint administrator along with someone appointed by arvo As ACL said a conflict of interests possibly ?

As for the golden share according to Brendna G whatever is name is the football league and the FA responded very quickly with CCFC ltd the company in admin. so why does Appelton not know or asked the question Hmmm? I do wonder.

cloughie

From my perspective it's not that he's in bed with SISU, but he's sounding a bit incompetent if he's going against what the FL have said regarding the location of the Golden Share. That maybe because he only knows what SISU have told him.

Probably right and will be under alot of pressure by those who appointed him

SkyblueBazza

A few of my thoughts...
1. In Appleton we MUST trust. I believe he legally has to be seen to act independently & fairly within his remit.
2. Commercially he'd be a bit stupid to do anything other than be independent. He & his company cannot rely on SISU as their only future source on business. If seen to be not impartial...he'd lose his own & his company's credibility & that would mean an awful lot of challenges to his/their appointment.
3. I think he's currently sitting on the fence on every issue since he has only really had ONE working day so far. Two have been taken up with courtroom shenanigans & probably awaiting answers to initial questions.
4. EVEN on the golden share issue...for now he's on the fence as the FA/FL rules do not override company law (although they try to operate within it) & if SISU have been seeking out little loopholes they might have found one that legally cannot be argued against that works either for them or for the club.
5. Latest statements are now starting to appear to me to suggest ACL are feeling very confident that they are in a position to drive through a winning outcome...whilst TF appears either flummoxed & completely baffled as to what is where & owned by who (i.e. feeling lost/out of his depth/let-down/misled) OR thinks the writing is on the wall. (All IMO)
6. I still don't give a FF about all this...I just want to watch my beloved Sky Blues play football wherever & at whatever level with its basic identity intact...I am the same as this in any situation - although its a rarity for me - I'm feeling really angry, like the world is against me/us...& that's when I come out fighting.
Lets get behind this Appleton bloke, for now at least he seems like our best bet as IF this Haskell chappie is our (next) saviour - Appleton is the main influence in his deal gaining acceptance.

Covstar

All sounds a bit dodgy at the moment with where the golden share lies but the truth will all come out when the FL produce a statement regarding the matter with potentially 10 or more points being docked as well tomorrow.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bit slow on here, nobody come up with "CrAppleton" to go with "Wisher" and "Faggot" yet?

Can't wait til "Fuckoffman" and "Smelliott" take over with Preston "Ordinary Boy" Hatchet.

You've nicked "Smelliott" from Scrubs.

cloughie

Statement from ACL

We are grateful to the Football League for coming back so quickly to our legal team to confirm that the Football League share resides with CCFC Ltd, not CCFC Holdings, as had been suggested previously by the CCFC and the appointed administrator. We are grateful also to the Football Association for its prompt response confirming that the Football Association share resides with CCFC Ltd, not with CCFC Holdings. Both of these organisations have acted quickly to bring clarity to this process and most importantly, clarify the situation for Sky Blues fans.

Err keep up Appelton, not so promising so far, yet he is impartial?

Skyblueweeman

A few of my thoughts...
1. In Appleton we MUST trust. I believe he legally has to be seen to act independently & fairly within his remit.
2. Commercially he'd be a bit stupid to do anything other than be independent. He & his company cannot rely on SISU as their only future source on business. If seen to be not impartial...he'd lose his own & his company's credibility & that would mean an awful lot of challenges to his/their appointment.
3. I think he's currently sitting on the fence on every issue since he has only really had ONE working day so far. Two have been taken up with courtroom shenanigans & probably awaiting answers to initial questions.
4. EVEN on the golden share issue...for now he's on the fence as the FA/FL rules do not override company law (although they try to operate within it) & if SISU have been seeking out little loopholes they might have found one that legally cannot be argued against that works either for them or for the club.
5. Latest statements are now starting to appear to me to suggest ACL are feeling very confident that they are in a position to drive through a winning outcome...whilst TF appears either flummoxed & completely baffled as to what is where & owned by who (i.e. feeling lost/out of his depth/let-down/misled) OR thinks the writing is on the wall. (All IMO)
6. I still don't give a FF about all this...I just want to watch my beloved Sky Blues play football wherever & at whatever level with its basic identity intact...I am the same as this in any situation - although its a rarity for me - I'm feeling really angry, like the world is against me/us...& that's when I come out fighting.
Lets get behind this Appleton bloke, for now at least he seems like our best bet as IF this Haskell chappie is our (next) saviour - Appleton is the main influence in his deal gaining acceptance.

And the award for post of the night goes to.....

Users who are viewing this thread