Athletico Madrid (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

He’s very big on modern and particularly European football. I seem to remember him saying he prefers the foreign teams to win in the European competitions.

That's fair enough. But that doesn't alter what Simeone and his players did.

covcity4life

He’s very big on modern and particularly European football. I seem to remember him saying he prefers the foreign teams to win in the European competitions.
Yes because I watch and know more about euro footy than you guys must be a bad thing lol

I always rooted for English clubs in Europe but now prem money led to dominance I would like to see it broken. Rooting for underdogs. Would love villareal to win CL rangers to win EL and anyone but Leicester in UCL

That doesn't mean I am anti English. Would be fine with Liverpool or man city winning UCL.

Last night bt sport's were bias to the English team. I am neutral. So you are trying to say I am bias. Lol

clint van damme

I don't believe there is a right or wrong way to play football. I felt they countered well and had quite a few chances to score . I didn't see it as particularly horrible at all.

The second half, particularly the latter stages would get football banned. Wasn't quite the1978 Argentinian world cup but it was bad.

Wish I'd watched Liverpool Benfica

Evo1883

That's fair enough. But that doesn't alter what Simeone and his players did.

Simeone is known to set his teams up to be proper shithouses .. he was the same as a player , absolute shithouse .

Not sure why ccfc is defending them

Anyway , man city or Liverpool to win the lot now, preferably the scousers as I think they are better to watch the city

covcity4life

Simeone is known to set his teams up to be proper shithouses .. he was the same as a player , absolute shithouse .

Not sure why ccfc is defending them

Anyway , man city or Liverpool to win the lot now
Defending lol. Why u making out they committing war crimes

Is this first time you seen his atletico play? They did nothing different to normal. Great manager as his c.v shows

Evo1883

Is this first time you seen his atletico play? They did nothing different to normal. Great manager as his c.v shows

Well I can't question his CV for sure .. doesn't alter the fact he's a bellend

covcity4life

Warrior 🤣🤣🤣 warrior that went down like he was shot when Beckham flicked his leg
Hahah I knew you were gonna say this! Beckham was in the wrong. He cost us that game. Don't get angry at simeone for being smart.

The depths people will go to just for patriotism

Evo1883

Hahah I knew you were gonna say this! Beckham was in the wrong. He cost us that game. Don't get angry at simeone for being smart.

The depths people will go to just for patriotism

Yea he was in the wrong, was you even born ?

Simeone is many things but warrior isn't one of them , his team are negative and turgid .. effective ofcourse but they are out and that's the beauty of football .. more often than not football wins

clint van damme

I don't agree, I thought they were worse than I've seen them before. That is the first time I've seen them this season admittedly but I definitely think the antics were worse than what I've seen in the past.
Didn't even seem like it wasn't of a game plan hence the savic simeone spat.

Evo1883

I don't agree, I thought they were worse than I've seen them before. That is the first time I've seen them this season admittedly but I definitely think the antics were worse than what I've seen in the past.
The first leg was arguably the most negative display of football by a top team in Europe ever

covcity4life

Simeone is many things but warrior isn't one of them , his team are negative and turgid .. effective ofcourse but they are out and that's the beauty of football .. more often than not football wins
I was 15. What sort of comeback is that even supposed to be?

covcity4life

It was a brilliant gameplan

Just like 2010 when inter parked bus Vs peps Barca at nou camp.

covcity4life

He's won 2 europas. Got to 2 cL finals. Won 2 leagues and super cup.

With a team that would be 3rd biggest in their league. He is a winner

SBT

Bit confused here, I was led to believe that all a team had to do was practice enough shithousery and dark arts and they would be unstoppable?

covcity4life

Bit confused here, I was led to believe that all a team had to do was practice enough shithousery and dark arts and they would be unstoppable?
Yup posters on here ask for cov to do it more. Cos it's ok then lol. Anyone not British does it and it's a travesty

clint van damme

It was a brilliant gameplan

Just like 2010 when inter parked bus Vs peps Barca at nou camp.

It wasnt a brilliant game plan because savic and simeone had an on field slanging match and they ended up getting knocked out.
Brilliant game plans result in the required outcome surely?

Reactions: vow

clint van damme

I like how his team's battle. Different ways to play the game. Can't all be tiki taka

So do I, been a long time admirer, just as I was of George Graham's Arsenal who were in a similar mold, particularly in Europe, but that was something different last night and I wasn't impressed.

Is it perhaps because he no longer has a Torres or a prime Griezman?

covcity4life

It wasnt a brilliant game plan because savic and simeone had an on field slanging match and they ended up getting knocked out.
Brilliant game plans result in the required outcome surely?
They came close to taking man city to extra time.a man city who are arguably the best club in world currently.

It didn't work. But you can tell why he did it and importantly can see how it was supposed too and nearly did work

covcity4life

So do I, been a long time admirer, just as I was of George Graham's Arsenal who were in a similar mold, particularly in Europe, but that was something different last night and I wasn't impressed.

Is it perhaps because he no longer has a Torres or a prime Griezman?

Fit Suarez would help. If correas chance fell to him in last seconds I expect it goes in. There was alot of shenigans on touchline Clint but that adds to excitement and it's not like man city players were all innocent victims. Don't get the outrage that's all.

good night of footy

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nasty foreigners. Boooo . Foden rolled around more than neymar and grealish called savic a c**t. But it's all nasty atletico

Bt sport's were terrible yesterday and looks like they have a target market and it's the OP and other posters on here!
Lol I thought it was hilarious man city players winding them up, atletico took the bait like the dullards they are.

Reactions: vow

Travs

It is rather amazing how the Italians/Spanish etc were regarded for decades as "dirty bastards" "cheats" etc, for diving, time-wasting, etc.

But now the English are equally proficient at it, its now referred to as "the modern game" / "good game management" and so forth. Can't be saying anything to harm the image of football in front of all those Sky Sports subscribers.

Whether its for or against Cov/England/whoever, its cheating plain and simple, and it really puts me off football in general if i'm honest.

Users who are viewing this thread