Automatic or a day at Wembley (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

No brainer - Automatic. Would rather have guaranteed promotion than a day out at Wembley.

IIRC You only get 28k tickets each because the rest is corporate. The last 3 league one play off finals attendance 48k,43k,42k in a 90k capacity stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Cheers
The corporate side of Wembley is outrageous
They should have a 10 day deadline pre the final where the corporate people must confirm attendaces or those tickets automatically go on sale
So many unused seats

st john

Why would anyone swap certain promotion for at best 50/50?

Autos obviously, and anyway we have already been to Wembley and won on our only real visit (can't count the meaningless Charity Shield).

Essexrobbie

Auto's def for me. i was lucky enough to be there in 87 standing on the top step right behind the goal and my lasting memory was the amazing colour and noise. Wembley now has been ruined by making it an all seater, where the extravagant leg room in the upper tiers adds nothing to the feeling of togetherness. I went there last season to see Southend in the play off final, which we won on pens in the end but the pure tension and stakes if you lost was far worse than an FA cup final. City wouldn't get enough tickets for the demand either, and if they were to play against a side that could only muster 15,000 the atmosphere would be flat.

Rodders1

Anyone who does not say autos I would have to question their love for city

It'd aboit thr club going forwards oit a day out in london
If the question was rather automatics or playoffs - but we get promoted either way then it's a close one to call.

Champions is first pick, but playoffs is better than 2nd IMO

SlowerThanPlatt

If the season ended tonight, we'd have Wigan in the semis and Walsall or Millwall in the final. Millwall v Cov is what the money men will be hoping for at Wembley, guaranteed sell out.

oakey

Automatic.
The play off final is during half term and therefore myself, and plenty of other people, are away on holiday.

Otis

Which leads to an interesting question.

Let's say City DO make the play-off final. Would people cancel their holiday or not? Any other commitment too.

It would be the biggest game since 1987.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Let's say City DO make the play-off final. Would people cancel their holiday or not? Any other commitment too.

Bank holiday weekend sunday the final, imagine the party in Coventry that night!

(After a win of course!)

Last edited:

rob9872

Definitely automatic for me as we're on holiday may 29th and I'd be less than popular for coming back!

The Reverend Skyblue

I'd go for a playoff final against Burton. We'd be given 70,000 tickets that I'm sure somehow we'd sell and all of us singing PUSB would be memorable .
autos would be great obviously but a day out like the one we had in 1987 with a similar result would be bloody fantastic

dongonzalos

Our family holiday got delayed by 24hours in 87

Skyblueweeman

I have something similar Otis.

Noel Gallagher (a hero of mine) is playing in Portsmouth on mine and Mrs WMs first wedding anniversary. I originally said I'd take her away to celebrate our first year of marriage. Dilemmas...

Back on topic, I'd take a day out at Wembley...once in a lifetime really....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

Burton will finish in the top two......

Regarding the play offs, are the loan players all eligible to carry on playing for us after the regular season finishes?
Yes, we believe so.

I think in some cases you have to confirm with the parent club that it's okay, but unless they feel they need to recall for their own campaign, there should be no problem.

Bumberclart

Obviously automatic is the number one choice.
But, having been to a playoff final with Huddersfield I can vouch for what a superb day out it is. The thought of 40,000+ City fans in full voice makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The thought of losing makes me feel physically sick.

Users who are viewing this thread