Baker to Forest? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how true it is (cov mad) but it says:

According to Transfers To Be on Twitter which claims to be 'Anonymous Football agent. In contact daily with the majority of the 92 English League clubs.', Nottingham Forest will make a bid for Coventry City captain Carl Baker.

With the Sky Blues being plunged to new depths by SISU and everyone else involved in the sorry tale which has escalated over the close season, there are concerns as to whether the club will actually start the season and rumours linking City players elsewhere are bound to occur.

Transfers To Be @TransfersToBe
Nottingham Forest will make a bid for Coventry City's Carl Baker this week #nffc #skyblues

D

Deleted member 4232

Would hate to see him go. Dont think anything would amount of it though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

lordsummerisle

Can't see it myself, he's not good enough to play top end of the championship

Not good enough for to play in the bottom half of the Championship either, two and a half seasons showed that.

Good League One player, nothing better than that though.

J

Jack Griffin

I think he is going to leave, otherwise he would have kept his mouth shut about the playing venue, I see it only as a matter of time.

Good luck to him.

pusbccfc

Would be gutted to see him go.

letsallsingtogether

Was our player of the year I believe he would make a good championship player in a good team.
He has never had that here.

wingy

Like I said on another thread, I'd definitely consider a bid for Baker.
Damn you got there first.:facepalm:
I'd be gutted and fear he'd be missed more than is realised .

These are now your battles or approvals to make as one of the 3000 travellers.:(

wingy

Was our player of the year I believe he would make a good championship player in a good team.
He has never had that here.
I'd Imagine his confidence would be right up after a season like he's had .Never given a consistent run in the 1st elelven when he arrived ,was that under Coleman.

lordsummerisle

I'd Imagine his confidence would be right up after a season like he's had .Never given a consistent run in the 1st elelven when he arrived ,was that under Coleman.

He scored shed loads when he was in League One previously, League One is his level.

There is no way in the World he is going to Nottingham Forest.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not good enough for to play in the bottom half of the Championship either, two and a half seasons showed that.

Good League One player, nothing better than that though.

Completely agree. Unfortunately there's too many in our squad that will only ever be good enough for League One, contrary to what they think of themselves.

Mucca Mad Boys

I bet you would of considered a bid for Ricky Lambert when Southampton got promoted to the prem :facepalm:

Yes I would've, but I wouldn't have sold him, he's a worthy sub and has proven he's got the goal scoring instinct that is needed at any level to score goals. Comparing Baker to Lambert is stupid, Baker has had 1 good season since joining us in 2010/11 (?), Lambert has scored 20+ goals in every season in every league for S'hampton (except in the prem, but still got an impressive 15) so to compare the 2 does a massive injustice to Lambert. How do we know last season wasn't a fluke for Baker? After all, he scored 5 (of 12) goals in the space of November and December and from then, like the rest of the team to be fair, fizzled out somewhat.

Every man has his price, he's a top earner, quite inconsistent, and at 30, you'd have to

ccfc92

Yes I would've, but I wouldn't have sold him, he's a worthy sub and has proven he's got the goal scoring instinct that is needed at any level to score goals. Comparing Baker to Lambert is stupid, Baker has had 1 good season since joining us in 2010/11 (?), Lambert has scored 20+ goals in every season in every league for S'hampton (except in the prem, but still got an impressive 15) so to compare the 2 does a massive injustice to Lambert. How do we know last season wasn't a fluke for Baker? After all, he scored 5 (of 12) goals in the space of November and December and from then, like the rest of the team to be fair, fizzled out somewhat.

Every man has his price, he's a top earner, quite inconsistent, and at 30, you'd have to

It was an example. Not comparing the two at all. Hears food for thought tho, baker up top :whistle:

J

Jack Griffin

He scored shed loads when he was in League One previously, League One is his level.

There is no way in the World he is going to Nottingham Forest.

But Barnsley, Millwall, Doncaster, Bournemouth & others might be happy to take him..

So might top half League One teams like Walsall, Orient, MK, Brentford..

He will be one of the higher earners & did not Fisher himself admit they are trying to reduce salary costs.. getting rid of the 6K/week players.. (I suspect Baker is on a bit less, but maybe 4K/week, too much for this level in a struggling team)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mucca Mad Boys

Damn you got there first.:facepalm:
I'd be gutted and fear he'd be missed more than is realised .

These are now your battles or approvals to make as one of the 3000 travellers.:(

I wouldn't hand him away for nothing, I'd sell at around 200-250k which should buy good replacement.

I'm a big fan of his, he's technically gifted, and has that magic moment in him, but, what frustrates me, is that he can be inconsistent and his crossing is very hit and miss, he's a player that gets over the top criticism (people around me slaughter him) but by no means I wouldn't consider a bid, I wouldn't actively look to get rid of him etc.

Godiva

He must be one of the four players on +8k/wk ... the others being Clarke, Bell and Sheffers. We should keep Clarke and Baker.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was an example. Not comparing the two at all. Hears food for thought tho, baker up top :whistle:

I said that after the Walsall game to the lads I went with - wasn't met well!

I wouldn't play him upfront now, but when we had no Clarke (and hopeless replacements) he was the only player with goals in the squad, so it was a viable option IMO.

ccfc92

I said that after the Walsall game to the lads I went with - wasn't met well!

I wouldn't play him upfront now, but when we had no Clarke (and hopeless replacements) he was the only player with goals in the squad, so it was a viable option IMO.

Always worth a go. I had bell score a hattrick in 5 mins away to lesta on fm once :whistle:

Delboycov

Would be very disappointed....Not just a top player and a main source of goals and assists last season but also a top bloke and great ambassador for a currently shambles of a club. I actually think he could surprise some playing in the Championship which although is a bugger of a league to get out of...promotion wise!...isn't awash with an abundance of quality.

skybluesam66

Baker should not be up top, but neither should he be a winger
he will get lots of goals in league 1, but his defending is poor, and gives away too much possession and too many penalties

i think the only position for him is tip of the diamond, and think he would score 20+ in that position

skybluesam66

It's probably closer to 40m than 25m, about 10m has been spent on transfer fees alone.

5.5 years

according to sisu, their losses never topped 500k per month, and are now less
in my book, that is less than £30m(even if we believe their figures)

and that would include management fees etc

Sub

"loses of 45-70 million"...Cashing in on 250k tops for Baker ?

As in selling everything they can to recoup some money to reduce their losses ? is that so hard to understand?

Last edited:

Covstu

I would be gutted if Baker left but again if he has this opportunity he should go for it. We wouldn't get much for him, I would be surprised if we get more than 1/4M but in a half decent team I think he can do a job in the championship.

Users who are viewing this thread