Barca ! (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I’ve hated Barcelona since they skanked that semi final against Chelsea a few years ago , the ref was appalling and Chelsea were utterly robbed , tonight I think has made up for that and il let the hatred go now.
Spurs Liverpool final would be nice

I missed out on watching City in Europe because of Liverpool, not really bothered about what happened to Chelsea, wanted Barca to win.
However, I take my hat off to Liverpool, it was a great result.

Sky Blue Harry H

I missed out on watching City in Europe because of Liverpool, not really bothered about what happened to Chelsea, wanted Barca to win.
However, I take my hat off to Liverpool, it was a great result.

Pretty much this. Barca need to get some help in for Messi *last night they had 8 chances - all involving Messi - far more reliant, than when Iniesta and Xavi were about), plus some players who can defend

Mcbean

Shaquiri when it mattered delivered the key ball for winanldum but he was still dog shit when playing for Stoke that night when we were as excited as the Scousers

Paul Anthony

Somewhere in an office today, some men in suits are probably debating the future legality of that kind of corner kick routine. They do love to try and ban ingenuity...

It was just a wonderful piece of invention, I'd wager it had everyone watching fooled, not just the Barca defence.

Tommo1993

Isn’t holding a grudge against Liverpool for what happened in ‘85 just as petty as Sunderland fans still hating Cov for what happened in ‘77? I think it is.

Sad.

clint van damme

Imagine thinking you cant think thats silly but also still enjoy the wlite playing each othrr

I do watch and enjoy CL but I can understand why people are against it, especially if you grew up watching football in the era that some of us did.

clint van damme

Isn’t holding a grudge against Liverpool for what happened in ‘85 just as petty as Sunderland fans still hating Cov for what happened in ‘77? I think it is.

Sad.

I think the pertinent point should be 39 people died which is far more important that me not being able to see my team play in Europe.
But it's something I've always wanted to do and they denied it.
Again, people have teams they hate, that's the way football is and should be.
Sunderlands grudge is silly because they never mentioned it for decades and all of a sudden it's become a thing, literally around the same time they played Adam Johnson in their team so a strange moment to start trying to take the moral high ground.

lifeskyblue

Unbelievable. Why football is the best sport; absolutely anything can happen. Barca had the chances and should have scored an away goal. They didn’t and poor defending (no marking second goal and switching off for the fourth) means that pantomime villain Suarez looked lost and shell shocked...fantastic.
Klopp deserves great credit for getting the best out of those players and making them believe the impossible was possible.
Hats off too to Alexander-Arnold and Oriegi...the only two people in the ground who were focused at that vital moment. And well done ref: I bet some would have made them take the corner again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Wonder how that horrible little fucker Suarez feels, he ultimately bought about the substitution which changed the game.

clint van damme

was yesterdays game enjoyable or not?

just yes or no answer required

like you'd stick to a one word answer.
I enjoyed it, I'll watch tonight's game and hopefully it will be a cracker, but I can understand why people are against the Champions league and won't support it, same with Sky and the Premier league.

covcity4life

ok so you replied to argue for arguings sake

cant say i understand that behaviour but oh well, have a great day mate

Grendel

was yesterdays game enjoyable or not?

just yes or no answer required

It’s not really the semi final stage that’s the problem though is it it’s the bloated league stage which is dull.

Johnnythespider

I think the pertinent point should be 39 people died which is far more important that me not being able to see my team play in Europe.
But it's something I've always wanted to do and they denied it.
Again, people have teams they hate, that's the way football is and should be.
Sunderlands grudge is silly because they never mentioned it for decades and all of a sudden it's become a thing, literally around the same time they played Adam Johnson in their team so a strange moment to start trying to take the moral high ground.
UEFA denied it by banning all clubs for one teams fans, that's where my anger is aimed, but as already stated it was a long time ago.

clint van damme

ok so you replied to argue for arguings sake

cant say i understand that behaviour but oh well, have a great day mate

I'm not arguing for arguing's sake. You made a little snidey comment aimed at people who don't like Champions league, I'm merely saying I can see their perspective.

You probably can't understand people who don't like Man City's digital banners and Spurs piped chanting either.

covcity4life

It’s not really the semi final stage that’s the problem though is it it’s the bloated league stage which is dull.
i have never said anything about it tbf, but if someone says they dont enjoy it then that means all stages. so for someone to argue with me over it is either trolling or a fan that didnt enjoy last night which is just weird.

the group stage is fine by me however, when it was 2 group stages it was bloated but not any more.

the move to 16 team knockout was right move rather than 2 groups and then quarters.

covcity4life

I'm not arguing for arguing's sake. You made a little snidey comment aimed at people who don't like Champions league, I'm merely saying I can see their perspective.

You probably can't understand people who don't like Man City's digital banners and Spurs piped chanting either.
ppl who dont like last night are cunts clint. i cant say it any clearer.

jumpers for goalposts,4-4-2,get stuck in. lol so predictable. thought you were smarter than that i must say.

clint van damme

good point.
I've always been of the opinion that the Europa league would be saved by returning to a 100% knock out contest, no seeds, old school European football.

clint van damme

ppl who dont like last night are cunts clint. i cant say it any clearer.

jumpers for goalposts,4-4-2,get stuck in. lol so predictable. thought you were smarter than that i must say.

but if you have a bee in your bonnet about CL then they probably won't have watched it and can't be arsed about the outcome.

The same, (Premier league supporters), who wank on about the CL would probably show the same indifference to a cracking FA cup tie. I know who I've got more in common with despite the fact, as stated, I do watch and enjoy CL football.

covcity4life

good point.
I've always been of the opinion that the Europa league would be saved by returning to a 100% knock out contest, no seeds, old school European football.
with europa i agree i wouldnt mind seeing total knockout from 1st round as the group games are less glamerous in some cases. but thats not case for champions league when you have ties like ajax vs bayern liverpool vs psg man utd vs juve etc

there is a 3rd comp on way which is good idea,cuts europa to 32 of the "better" teams and then new comp will be great for teams to have time in limelight like shamrock,dundalk,maybe watford nxt season etc

covcity4life

but if you have a bee in your bonnet about CL then they probably won't have watched it and can't be arsed about the outcome.

The same, (Premier league supporters), who wank on about the CL would probably show the same indifference to a cracking FA cup tie. I know who I've got more in common with despite the fact, as stated, I do watch and enjoy CL football.
i am not sure what is confusing about my stance on football. if you dont like a cracking fa cup tie ur a c**t. if you dont like all forms of football YOU ARE A c**t.

sums up the internet that ppl are now supporting competions vs competions. always got to be ana rgument somewhere hey?

Liquid Gold

Should still be bringing back the cup winners cup. The annoying thing about the champions league is the same teams in the latter stages year after year.

covcity4life

Should still be bringing back the cup winners cup. The annoying thing about the champions league is the same teams in the latter stages year after year.
ajax and spurs have not been in semis for ages

agree about cup winners cup, i liked that it was a trophy just for demoestic knockout specalists

clint van damme

i am not sure what is confusing about my stance on football. if you dont like a cracking fa cup tie ur a c**t. if you dont like all forms of football YOU ARE A c**t.

sums up the internet that ppl are now supporting competions vs competions. always got to be ana rgument somewhere hey?

but if you grew up with football in a certain format and you see that being eroded then the standard of a game or games is insignificant if you're falling out of love with something that has changed irreconcilably.

I'll always remember talking to a fella in my local , (probably about 1984 - 85), who used to go up the City all the time but knocked it on the head saying it wasn't the game he fell in love with, I thought he was mad at the time but now totally understand where he was coming from.
You may feel the same about the game in a decade or two's time.

I will concede that it's easy to look back with rose tinted spectacles on an era that had considerable violence and dangerous stadiums but there's just so much about the modern game that is beyond the pale, we're in the era of the half and half scarf FFS.

Nick

Administrator
but if you grew up with football in a certain format and you see that being eroded then the standard of a game or games is insignificant if you're falling out of love with something that has changed irreconcilably.

I'll always remember talking to a fella in my local , (probably about 1984 - 85), who used to go up the City all the time but knocked it on the head saying it wasn't the game he fell in love with, I thought he was mad at the time but now totally understand where he was coming from.

I will concede that it's easy to look back with rose tinted spectacles on an era that had considerable violence and dangerous stadiums but there's just so much about the modern game that is beyond the pale, we're in the era of the half and half scarf FFS.

Up there with the half and half scarf was the Barca fans waving their flags singing you'll never walk alone.

What's all that about?

I can understand the mutual things like applause if a fan / player or somebody has passed away and stuff but not singing other teams songs and joining in.

It then switched to a Liverpool fan singing, holding a scarf with one hand and his phone in the other hand filming himself singing.

covcity4life

yeah half and half is much worse than people dying going to watch a game?

once again you are going off point cos you want to argue, yesterday was enjoyable,that means champions league is enjoyable. there is no 2 ways about it wether you would like to see changes to format or not IT IS STILL ENJOYABLE.

i am 36 so i know exactly what it means to see the game not be once it was,i miss the times before social media fans,i miss late night kick offs in derby games,i miss terrestial tv having more games,i miss fa cup final not being at 3pm,i miss fa cup not being as prestigious anymore,i miss games not being stop start due to playacting.

but fall out of love with game? no chance. games like yesterday show you why football is still great and as evra says I LOVE THIS GAME!

clint van damme

Up there with the half and half scarf was the Barca fans waving their flags singing you'll never walk alone.

What's all that about?

I can understand the mutual things like applause if a fan / player or somebody has passed away and stuff but not singing other teams songs and joining in.

It then switched to a Liverpool fan singing, holding a scarf with one hand and his phone in the other hand filming himself singing.

and this is my point, all this shit sticks in the craw for some people, not saying CC4L is wrong, just I can see the other perspective.

Look at Man City, great club, great support, changed beyond recognition since the oil money arrived. .
Would I accept those changes for the success, definitely, but some people wouldn't, and in the case of Man City haven't. I understand that.

Nick

Administrator
yeah half and half is much worse than people dying going to watch a game?

once again you are going off point cos you want to argue, yesterday was enjoyable,that means champions league is enjoyable. there is no 2 ways about it wether you would like to see changes to format or not IT IS STILL ENJOYABLE.

i am 36 so i know exactly what it means to see the game not be once it was,i miss the times before social media fans,i miss late night kick offs in derby games,i miss terrestial tv having more games,i miss fa cup final not being at 3pm,i miss fa cup not being as prestigious anymore,i miss games not being stop start due to playacting.

but fall out of love with game? no chance. games like yesterday show you why football is still great and as evra says I LOVE THIS GAME!

All of that is nothing when you think that Sky Blue Sam no longer play wrestles with the opposition Mascot. Probably too politically incorrect.

Nick

Administrator
depends what you mean by "play"

It's probably known as "bantz" today.

The game is too soft, of course I don't mean hooliganism or anything like that. Same when players give a bit back to the crowd and people in the crowd cry like bitches. Only the other week that player in Italy got racially abused and people tried to make out he brought it on himself by celebrating a goal. Fuck that, they should have been dragged out of the stand and kicked the shit out of.

See Kevin Kilbane, Jim O'Brien and other incidents to do with us. Also the "we want to give the (insert opposition team) a warm welcome for making the trip type shit

Users who are viewing this thread