Bassala Sambou (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

Some of those things Mowbray has said there should have been spoken directly to Sambou and not the press. If I was Sambou that would wind me up no end and want to go elsewhere.

I said the same thing about Boothroyd disrespecting Westwood.

steve82

Some of those things Mowbray has said there should have been spoken directly to Sambou and not the press. If I was Sambou that would wind me up no end and want to go elsewhere.

Highly likely TM has, if he's strongly thinking he should of been part of the first team already then I'm sure he'd of knocked on the door do to speak and TM/JC and also LG would of advised him and said not quite ready.
TM is telling the fans the situation as bas representatives are saying he's off no mater what's on the table.

Chipfat

The horse has already bolted so doesn't really matter what TM says, he is rightly frustrated that the player who would of been part of 1st team squads next year will be off with an U21's team elsewhere. The only thing fans can hope for now is that any money brought in is going to the 1st team pot.

stupot07

What a bunch of c......

This kind of thing really pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Joy Division

The horse has already bolted so doesn't really matter what TM says, he is rightly frustrated that the player who would of been part of 1st team squads next year will be off with an U21's team elsewhere. The only thing fans can hope for now is that any money brought in is going to the 1st team pot.

I think the advisors being who they are are more likely playing hardball to get him a significantly better deal than whats been offered. I think think he's a certain gonner just yet.

Still, I think those comments should be kept between Mowbray and the kid himself rather than publicly showing him up.

Chipfat

I dont think TM can make a difference in this, the kid has made his mind up the agents have told the club nothing can be done so its time to move on. Wish the lad well, hope the pathway to first team football is there as we need as many young gifted English players as possible playing at high level clubs. He will get a good contract we should get some decent money for our efforts and no matter what the club could of done this sort of thing will not stop happening.

CovisGod

I don't buy the "disrespecting the player" stuff.

Mowbray is obviously pissed off that they made a decent offer for a young lad we've had at the club since he was 11 whose head has probably been turned by his agent the season before he actually makes a real impact to the first team.

I'd be exactly the same if I was Mowbray "laters billy big bollocks, have fun not even getting into the U21 team of a Prem club, get released and slowly Fuck your own career up because you decided to run before you could walk"

wingy

There were hints during the season that this kid was looking to breakthrough.
TM referenced in a couple of interviews that more needed to be seen from the lad during the week not just matchdays IIRC.

Sick Boy

hope he stays. we will need 4 strikers next year and armstrong prob wont be here and tudgay should be moved on. fortune too possibly. so alot of gaps to fill and this kid can fill 1 off them straight off the bat

I'd offer Tudgay another year, he is a decent player at this level.

Sky Blue Kid

How did he disrespect him? He and Westwood would have known that he wasn't going to sign an extension.

Do some research mate and do yourself a favour ;) the times I've proven it is true, I don't intend to go over it all again just to please you. Look at when Boothroyd took charge and look for quotes, and I don't mean what someone down the pub said...Actual quotes in the Telegraph when the Telegraph reporter at that time asked him if he had spoken to Kieren Westwood about the contract extention he had asked for a while prior to Boothroyd coming to CCFC. To which Boothroyd replied.. "I haven't bumped into him on the training ground yet..... FFS "Haven't bumped into him" what a f**king disrespectful way to talk about one of our best players.

AFCCOVENTRY

Stupid little boy. Bloody advisors will ruin him. They want to make a quick buck on him and he will be another kid who became nothing because he thinks he is premiership.

Glad Mogga hasn't put him anywhere near the first team.

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't stop him training mate, it's his lawful right while still an employee of the club.

Can't stop him training but can make him train alone with a trainer I believe and no game time

I was sending from work so was rushing

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Do some research mate and do yourself a favour ;) the times I've proven it is true, I don't intend to go over it all again just to please you. Look at when Boothroyd took charge and look for quotes, and I don't mean what someone down the pub said...Actual quotes in the Telegraph when the Telegraph reporter at that time asked him if he had spoken to Kieren Westwood about the contract extention he had asked for a while prior to Boothroyd coming to CCFC. To which Boothroyd replied.. "I haven't bumped into him on the training ground yet..... FFS "Haven't bumped into him" what a f**king disrespectful way to talk about one of our best players.

It was probably in response to Westwood's inflated ego and he is obvious unwillingness to sign a new contract.

Grendel

It was probably in response to Westwood's inflated ego and he is obvious unwillingness to sign a new contract.

Correct he never wanted to sign hence the agitation

SlowerThanPlatt

Bassala is a decent player but from the second year group I'd put Darragh Leahy and Jordan Shipley ahead of him in terms of ability and potential.

Grendel

4waspsting

Does it not go to show that these youngsters are only interested in a bit of cash not the football side of it ( WEASELS ) and his name is sambo

steve82

Bassala is a decent player but from the second year group I'd put Darragh Leahy and Jordan Shipley ahead of him in terms of ability and potential.

Does anyone on here or yourself regularly watch the u21's or u18's?
Has Bas shined that much to warrant a place in match day squad? Also how far away is anyone to impact on the 1st team.

Grendel

There is such a lot if tripe spoken about this.

There is some kind of belief that players lack loyalty if they leave.

The truth is football clubs offer no loyalty so cannot expect it back. If this player (who I would guess hardly anyone has seen play) was not offered a deal and consigned to the rubbish tip would there be a petition on here demanding his re-instatement?

Answer - no.

Clubs and supporters view players as commodities. Use when they perform and abuse when they don't.

It's frankly absurd to expect loyalty the other way. That's why players always seek the next deal and the bigger pay check as the scrap heap is always round the corner.

tisza

There is such a lot if tripe spoken about this.

There is some kind of belief that players lack loyalty if they leave.

The truth is football clubs offer no loyalty so cannot expect it back. If this player (who I would guess hardly anyone has seen play) was not offered a deal and consigned to the rubbish tip would there be a petition on here demanding his re-instatement?

Answer - no.

Clubs and supporters view players as commodities. Use when they perform and abuse when they don't.

It's frankly absurd to expect loyalty the other way. That's why players always seek the next deal and the bigger pay check as the scrap heap is always round the corner.
exactly.
with the turnover of players these days 100 games for a club is a novelty.
we have had a huge turnover of players over recent seasons.
How many players now come in on 1yr -18 month contracts only? clubs like ours (in fact most outside the Premiership) rarely offer much more then a 2yr contract so players are bound to chase the money.

AFCCOVENTRY

Does anyone on here or yourself regularly watch the u21's or u18's?
Has Bas shined that much to warrant a place in match day squad? Also how far away is anyone to impact on the 1st team.

Sambou has talent but as even Mogga has stated, when he's played for the U21s he hasn't been prolific.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So what? How many players say they want to leave? Even Leon Best didn't when it was clear he wanted to.

Westwood was approached by premier league clubs and then ran his contract down.

They tried to sell in January and he said no as it financially benefited him.
Not arguing that Westwood wanted to leave as clearly he did as he rejected our contract and signed one elsewhere but is there any proof he refused a January move or have you just made that bit up?

Grendel

Not arguing that Westwood wanted to leave as clearly he did as he rejected our contract and signed one elsewhere but is there any proof he refused a January move or have you just made that bit up?

Ranson said in an interview at the time he wanted to sell to raise a fee. relations soured.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ranson said in an interview at the time he wanted to sell to raise a fee. relations soured.
Ok, but assuming the above is true than is only proof that Ranson tried to sell him before his contract ran out. Which doesn't match with what you said.

Grendel

Ok, but assuming the above is true than is only proof that Ranson tried to sell him before his contract ran out. Which doesn't match with what you said.

Wasn't he also omitted from one game as "his head wasn't right"? The press reports suggested Everton were the club but Westwood refused any contact to "consider his options" at the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread