Best restaurant (1 Viewer)

Astute

Hi all.

My wife is landing in Manchester next Friday. We are coming straight to Coventry that evening ready for a family party on Saturday. We need a good place to eat on the Friday night. Will eat anything from veggie to a nice steak. No Nationality off the menu. Not bothered about price. Only consideration is a drink to go with it. Where is the best place to eat these days? Most recommendations is where we will be eating.

Thanks in advance 😃

shepardo01

Hi all.

My wife is landing in Manchester next Friday. We are coming straight to Coventry that evening ready for a family party on Saturday. We need a good place to eat on the Friday night. Will eat anything from veggie to a nice steak. No Nationality off the menu. Not bothered about price. Only consideration is a drink to go with it. Where is the best place to eat these days? Most recommendations is where we will be eating.

Thanks in advance 😃
Not sure about Cov, but La Casa Loco in Rugby is great! (Mexican)
Need to book, VERY popular- been going strong for around 20 years, maybe more.... which says something.
Not sure if you'd travel that far though??

Saddlebrains

I like zizzis in cathedral lanes, but considering towns a cesspit full of chavs and students, id say the queen and castle at Kenilworth for a decent place

Otis

There's loads of places now actually, but do you mind a chain? Turtle Bay, the Botanist, Las Iguanas. All very nice.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hi all.

Thanks in advance 😃

Korean-Jinseon Korean BBQ
Italian-Arco
Indian-My Dhabba or Royal Bengal
Pig out-Rodizio Rico, the Brazilian buffet place in city centre

Top places to go for me and the wife whenever we're in town.

clint van damme

The Cross Kenilworth
Tailors Warwick
Anatoylas Earlsdon high St (cheap but very good)
La Mesa Warwick, not been but hearing great things, no menu you get what your given!

Reactions: vow

olderskyblue

If you want top notch, the Butchers Arms at Priors Hardwick

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Arco, Da Vinci, Royal Bengal and Turmeric Gold are all good in coventry.

Ego in Kenilworth is also good and ive seen very good reviews of La Coppola (or something similar) in Leamington

PVA

If you want top notch, the Butchers Arms at Priors Hardwick

Isn't that a bit crap these days?

Used to be brilliant, I heard it went very downhill. (But that was probably a couple of years back, no one I know has been for a few years because of how bad it got!)

olderskyblue

Used to be brilliant, I heard it went very downhill. (But that was probably a couple of years back, no one I know has been for a few years because of how bad it got!)
Not heard that. Went once covid restrictions allowed, and it was excellent.

LastGarrison

Arco is great and they have just opened a tapas place next door called Olive, although I haven’t been yet.

One that hasn’t been mentioned is Green Dragon on Spon Street which I really like and all the food and drink is locally sourced.

Chef used to work in a top notch restaurant in France and the staff are great. Beautiful building as well.

You also have Artisan which is very good for steaks although they pissed me off when me and the Missus couldn’t make it because of illness but the other 6 went and they just kept our two deposits and didn’t even take it off the bill for the others but the food is good.

If you’re looking for something smarter then there is the restaurant in the Telegraph Hotel which is very good as well and they also have a rooftop bar with heaters etc. and the cocktails are very good.

You would probably need to contact GD, Artisan and The Telegraph though as they do get booked up.

rob9872

Decent but over priced. The kind of place you need a bag of chips on the way home too.

JAM See

The Greyhound, Sutton Stop.

Nice food, decent beer and a nice little boozer to boot.

LastGarrison

Like the Greyhound you’ve also got the Old Crown and The Millpool who do ‘decent pub grub’ and have a variety of beers depending on whereabouts in the city you’re staying.

Astute

Not sure about Cov, but La Casa Loco in Rugby is great! (Mexican)
Need to book, VERY popular- been going strong for around 20 years, maybe more.... which says something.
Not sure if you'd travel that far though??
Wife is travelling from France and I'm travelling from Cumbria. It isn't the distance. But think we will have enough of travelling by then. But thanks for the heads up. Will try another time.

Astute

Thanks all. Will be between Korean and Vietnamese.

rob9872

Chihuahua or poodle?

• Haha
Reactions: vow

NorthernWisdom

Some of these might apply?

PVA

the new Italian in Rugby is really good

The Tuning Fork at the new Houlton estate is very good too (and they do a great breakfast)

Terry_dactyl

Enjoyed going to Turmeric Gold a few years back…paid a bit extra for sitting in a booth thing, which was nice. Tbh can’t really remember much about the food but we enjoyed it.

rob9872

Enjoyed going to Turmeric Gold a few years back…paid a bit extra for sitting in a booth thing, which was nice. Tbh can’t really remember much about the food but we enjoyed it.
Of course you enjoyed it as you only get a booth for anniversaries or early on in dating, so either way you knew you were getting some :)

SBAndy

Also, The Sky Blue Tavern does really nice food too ;)

I know that’s a joke and it certainly isn’t a restaurant, but while we’re on the subject my other half was really impressed with the setup and the food in there. Nothing like she expected.

Users who are viewing this thread