Biamou - new contract (1 Viewer)

procdoc

I have said I was going to title the thread Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors but thought for the audience I needed to dumb it down
Save that title for your next controversial thread!

Sick Boy

I’m not Max’s biggest fan. However you seem to have an agenda against certain players, such as the ridiculous Matty James thread. I personally would not offer Max a new deal as I don’t particularly rate him as a centre forward. But when he’s on the pitch I still want him to do well because it benefits the team, same with other derided players such as Shipley and Allen
I think everyone wants him to do well on the pitch because they support the team. The notion that some don’t because they don’t rate him is bizarre and means that for some it’s personal rather than related to him footballing ability.
The weird double standards don’t help, the recent ode to Maxi that appeared at 3am over the weekend was then followed up with a post calling out Allen as not being good enough.

Paul O Donoghue

Lord God, a Biamou cult ffs. I wish people would exercise a bit of context in this conversation. Cash strapped club nigh on broke. Injured strikers. You'd swear Tyler Walker was Harry Kane the way some lads talk about him , embryonic cult status maybe, when Biamou has stepped in as cover, carrying an injury, to play the thankless role up front and tried his heart out. He is limited no doubt but his honest endeavour cannot be questioned.We have seen too many journeymen players coming into Coventry to earn a buck and fuck off when things fall apart but Biamou cannot be accused of that. He has tried so hard that Robins has done a U turn. Headed goals are becoming a thing of the past with the way the game has evolved so that is a redundant argument. Cut the man a break ffs. He has earned a new contract full stop. I wouldn't be depending on Walker to keep us up.

Garryb80

Lord God, a Biamou cult ffs. I wish people would exercise a bit of context in this conversation. Cash strapped club nigh on broke. Injured strikers. You'd swear Tyler Walker was Harry Kane the way some lads talk about him , embryonic cult status maybe, when Biamou has stepped in as cover, carrying an injury, to play the thankless role up front and tried his heart out. He is limited no doubt but his honest endeavour cannot be questioned.We have seen too many journeymen players coming into Coventry to earn a buck and fuck off when things fall apart but Biamou cannot be accused of that. He has tried so hard that Robins has done a U turn. Headed goals are becoming a thing of the past with the way the game has evolved so that is a redundant argument. Cut the man a break ffs. He has earned a new contract full stop. I wouldn't be depending on Walker to keep us up.
We put so many decent crosses into the box but no one gets on the end of them. Surely a target man should thrive on them. Simply put biamou is not for keeping if we want to progress despite his history with us.

Covstu

Bit on the fence on this one, makes sense given our current status with strikers but any renewal should be a year max (ahem). He is not a championship player but we have no options at present apart from the loaner that I cannot pronounce!

Covstu

Headed goals are a thing of the past, so it’s a redundant point...this is really really desperate stuff.
Oh...and then managing to criticise Walker and doubt his ability to keep us up, wow.
To be fair Max is trying to make the headed goal a think of the past especially last Saturday! I think a lot of us have a soft spot for Max, doesn’t score many but scored some memorable ones, great with the fans etc but that isn’t going to keep us up sadly. It’s like Jodi, want him to come good and be fit again but also need to cut loose if this isn’t an option again (but good to see him training again)

Sick Boy

To be fair Max is trying to make the headed goal a think of the past especially last Saturday! I think a lot of us have a soft spot for Max, doesn’t score many but scored some memorable ones, great with the fans etc but that isn’t going to keep us up sadly. It’s like Jodi, want him to come good and be fit again but also need to cut loose if this isn’t an option again (but good to see him training again)
I’m very grateful for his contribution towards the end of the League 2 season but some of the posts here are just desperate.

shmmeee

This is what frustrates me with Baka. He is taller, quicker and has a fitter body (ooh err, missus) than Max, yet manages to not bring those advantages to the pitch. If we could transfer Max into Baka's body, we'd have a very decent centre forward.

Baka is going to spend a lot of time in his older years looking back and wondering what could’ve been.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Baka is going to spend a lot of time in his older years looking back and wondering what could’ve been.

Why? At the end of the day if you lack a footballing brain or lack natural ability you're not going to find much success in football.

If he had a shred of self awareness he'd realise he's probably done quite well to get this far in the game.

Last edited:

SBT

I think flatter to deceive kind of sums it up. He looks great but ultimately results are the same we still struggle to score goals. James is a top player and if we stay up fantastic we won’t regret the signing.

Do you know what “flatters to deceive” actually means?

There are certain players we’ve had recently who that particular cliche might apply to, but James - by your own admission, a top player - isn’t one of them.

D

Deleted member 11652

There are certain players we’ve had recently who that particular cliche might apply to, but James - by your own admission, a top player - isn’t one of them.

Well I would say that James looks like a good player but ultimately has not improved us as of yet. That’s why the signing flatters to deceive.

Londonccfcfan

James will probably remain captain till end of season too. Even if Kelly or Mcfadz come backnintp team.

I think he brings alot to the team from a team perspective captaincy, calmness , experience, assured leads by example and is vocal.

Good move to make him skipper imo.

SBT

Well I would say that James looks like a good player but ultimately has not improved us as of yet. That’s why the signing flatters to deceive.

I swear the goalposts on this debate move so often that we’ll be talking about his lack of headed goals in the playoffs before March.

Brighton Sky Blue

Some bangers in here to add to the season’s collection

‘He thinks he’s in the under 23s’
‘He was smiling in training’
‘You’d want him in the trenches with you’
‘Headed goals are a thing of the past’
‘His hair is too long’
‘I’d swap Robins for Jackett’

D

Deleted member 11652

I swear the goalposts on this debate move so often that we’ll be talking about his lack of headed goals in the playoffs before March.

I think the debate has always been the same.

On the face of it, it looks a good signing. Only time will tell whether the signing was effective or whether the funds should have been allocated elsewhere

SleepyGinger

Max was signed as a cheap rotation option in league 2.

He missed 3 quarters of our time in league 1 with injury and now he’s being asked to lead the line on his own in the championship.

Everyone knows he’s limited at this level but he’s done ok. Look at the scoring charts for the league there’s a lot bigger names on bigger wages who have scored less than him.

SleepyGinger

Ideally in the summer we will improve on max and he will secure a decent contract at a league 1 club with a starting birth having helped us to stay up.

Will be fondly remembered as part of our rise under robins. We’ve definitely had a lot worse.

skyblue025

Release Max and Baka and sign James Collins on a free. Surprisingly on a low wage at Luton of 4k if the reports can be believed. Similar player to Max and Baka but scores goals.

SleepyGinger

Release Max and Baka and sign James Collins on a free. Surprisingly on a low wage at Luton of 4k if the reports can be believed. Similar player to Max and Baka but scores goals.
He’s scored 7 this year, played every game and 3 of those were a hatrick vs Huddersfield, pretty sure he takes pens too, there’s better out there.

skyblue025

He’s scored 7 this year, played every game and 3 of those were a hatrick vs Huddersfield, pretty sure he takes pens too, there’s better out there.
7 is probably going to be out highest goalscorer this year. He got 14 last year and will probably get about the same again this year. You won't get better than that for 4k a week.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

it’s not distorted as league goals are the barometer to be interested in. You count goals against under 21 and in a cup that isn’t even recognised in goal charts

Next You will say he’s only started ex number of games and discount sub appearances - he’s scored counting play offs 14 league goals and none headed - it’s a fact and it’s a joke at 30 we’d offer him a new deal
Considering he started his career at 22 its not really a joke he still has a few years at a good level in him

Offhegoes

Would definitely give Max a new deal. Going into next season with Godden, Walker, Max & Tavares would work, and just hope for better luck in regards to injuries. If the worst comes, we can always use the loan market.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would definitely give Max a new deal. Going into next season with Godden, Walker, Max & Tavares would work, and just hope for better luck in regards to injuries. If the worst comes, we can always use the loan market.

I don’t think it would, Godden has sustained some longer lasting damage and we need an improvement in that position if we can scrape through this season.

Users who are viewing this thread