Bid is Elliott & Hoffman, with Haskell a partner (3 Viewers)

James Smith

Love it, James-we've almost got through as many "No.2's" as they did, although given Malaga's allegedly poor English, perhaps it should be "qui est nombre un?"

That's probably not grammatically correct...I wouldn't last long in French football :whistle:
This is what waking up in the middle of the night does to me, must get more sleep. I see you're reading it with possibly a different meaning to the one I was thinking of :eek:

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

This is what waking up in the middle of the night does to me, must get more sleep. I see you're reading it with possibly a different meaning to the one I was thinking of :eek:

Well, it works on several levels ;)

Not to mention that aside from being squad No.6, it creates the mental image of him actually being imprisoned on a mysterious island somewhere as punishment for his poor English. It would have worked if he wasn't squad No.6!

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Although PWKH makes a good No.6...

PWKH: What do you want!?
No.2: The Ricoh.
PWKH: You won't get it!
No.2: By hook or by crook, we will!

Anybody who has seen the last episode of The Prisoner will also agree that things are ending uncannily similarly for SISU...in fact, I think the last two episodes of The Prisoner actually made more sense than our carnage.

Nonleagueherewecome

And then there's Jordan Clarke as No.2...

Malaga: Quest-ce tu voudrais?
JC: Well, I is gonna go down Nando's wid me boys..
Malaga: Pardon?
JC: Yeah, then later, maybees play sum PS3, feed the cat...
Malaga: Le chat? Mais, tu est un joueur de foot, non?
JC: Eee aint been too well lately, keeps crappin everywhere...
Malaga: Ah, le chat a shat! Ho-he-ho-he-ho! :)

Last edited:

mattylad

Another thread drowned prematurely in 'you like SISU' 'no, YOU like SISU' shit. This place is beyond awful, just shitty feuds.
Agree totally and the mods should be allowed to remove posts of that nature to a new school playing ground message board

lordsummerisle

Sightseers is ok, glad I didn't pay to watch it. Don't build your hopes up.

I really enjoyed it, great black comedy, and it features the Cumberland Pencil Museum which I've always wanted to visit since I found out it has the largest colour pencil, in the WORLD.

Impressive by anybodys standards.

TurkeyTrot

I really enjoyed it, great black comedy, and it features the Cumberland Pencil Museum which I've always wanted to visit since I found out it has the largest colour pencil, in the WORLD.

Impressive by anybodys standards.

I got to admit, I spent an hour after watching the film googling some of the places they went and planning a few day trips in the summer.

LarryGrayson

his dad owns a minority share in em number 4 ant owt to dith em

WillieStanley

They were threatening a remake of The Warriors which sounded horrible, luckily it seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there are plenty of new stories written every day that are perfect for films?

The trouble is, funders aren't willing to bank on new stories. "This was successfull once... Imagine how successfull it'll be with 21st century CGI!!! Wow!!!"

It's lazy and insulting.

dadgad

Please remind me, what is the title of this thread?:(:(:(
"The Wicker Man" (1973 version please!;))
is a parable of our time.
An effigy of all our football club's sins will be burnt at the summer solstice on old Highfield Road.
We will hold hands and sing ye olde folk number and usher in new spirit of a future reborn, free of rancour and pestilence and off shore wheeler dealers!
Pusb

ajsccfc

The trouble is, funders aren't willing to bank on new stories. "This was successfull once... Imagine how successfull it'll be with 21st century CGI!!! Wow!!!"

It's lazy and insulting.

Exactly. The amount of remakes that improve or even match up to the original must pale in comparison to the number lazy letdowns. They must make cash by the barrel though I guess.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's also often due to the copyright holder's wanting to cash in before that copyright expires (50 years for a lot of things). Hence the terrible Beatlesploitation of the past decade.

Users who are viewing this thread