Bid Tabled for Ricoh from CCFC (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

Surely this is a win-win situation for SISU: either the conditions of the bid are met, the acquired information being used to arm SISU for the court appeal, or the conditions are not met and SISU's lawyers will have another target, or least have an another excuse to flog to whoever might care to listen.

James Smith

Have Higgs said they 'prefer' to sell to wasps? If so, I just dont get that. Maybe they need to move on and say they would like the club i.e CCFC to be able to buy back into the arena. That would make things interesting.

Yes the Higgs have said something like Wasps are the preferred bidder.

As I posted on another thread what I think is possible with the Higgs is that we were either still in Northampton or saying that we we only wanted a short term rent deal when coming/already back at the Ricoh. The Higgs we know wanted out and I think weren't expecting to be in this for anything like as long as they have been. It's not impossible that the council said to them Wasps have approached us (Councillor Lucas said they had in the summer on CWR morning the deal was announced according to the Telegraph) and made an offer for our half of ACL. You can get out now too and in fact Wasps would like you to. In the light of our new stadium idea and a lack of interest in ACL (other than as a short term tenant) they agreed to sell up. This is of course only a possibility and something entirely different may have occurred. As I have said before if our intention was the Ricoh & ACL all along then we shouldn't have made so many daft statements saying the New Stadium is our future.

Last edited:

wingy

Yes the Higgs have said something like Wasps are the preferred bidder.

As I posted on another thread what I think is possible with the Higgs is that we were either still in Northampton or saying that we we only wanted a short term rent deal when coming/already back at the Ricoh. The Higgs we know wanted out and I think weren't expecting to be in this for anything like as long as they have been. It's not impossible that the council said to them Wasps have approached us (Councillor Lucas said they had in the summer on CWR morning the deal was announced according to the Telegraph) and made an offer for our half of ACL. You can get out now too and in fact Wasps would like you to. In the light of our new stadium idea and a lack of interest in ACL (other than as a short term tenant) they agreed to sell up. This is of course only a possibility and something entirely different may have occurred. As I have said before if our intention was the Ricoh & ACL all along then we shouldn't have made so many daft statements saying the New Stadium is our future.

I'd say that's pretty close.

Suggestions that the two to four year deal Is significantly greater than originally requested.

Which then begs the question ,If that Is true ,why are they back ?

Not for finance .

Not because of us .

Not because of player recruitment .

Not because of Pressley .

Not because of Pat Raybold and the Bishop.

Not because of Wasps .

Did someone tell them to get their Arse back to Coventry!!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'd say that's pretty close.

Suggestions that the two to four year deal Is significantly greater than originally requested.

Which then begs the question ,If that Is true ,why are they back ?

Not for finance .

Not because of us .

Not because of player recruitment .

Not because of Pressley .

Not because of Pat Raybold and the Bishop.

Not because of Wasps .

Did someone tell them to get their Arse back to Coventry!!

Yes they did.

italiahorse

I see you Council/Wasps arse lickers have all jumped in with your usual completely first thought that comes into your head conclusions - its either bullshit or a Les Reid conspiracy apparently.

As opposed to the rational view spurted by the Sisu cock suckers ?

dongonzalos

Am I missing something here....shouldn't we be happy about this? Rhetoric or not, it's better than not putting a bid in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes you are missing something.
We are bidding for the solution that everyone wants. Whilst carrying on with the solution that nobody bar RFC wants, even if we get the solution that everyone wants.

We are either bidding because its the better option. If it fails we build a new stadium. Or we are not bidding, but not both. It just makes the owners look like what many fear they still don't realise the game playing doesn't work

Last edited:

Grendel

Yes you are missing something.
We are bidding for the solution that everyone wants. Whilst carrying on with the solution that nobody bar RFC wants, even if we get the solution that everyone wants.

We are either bidding because its the better option. If it fails we build a new stadium. Or we are not bidding, but not both. It just makes the owners look like what many fear they still don't realise the game playing doesn't work

The very fact they are bidding for something they can never get shows they are playing a game.

Pantomime season starts early. Well it started very early when our not so Great Leader announced that the shares could be purchased by them - nice to see they are joining in the game.

dongonzalos

A serious bid would be more money than what wasps bid. Agree to all conditions wasps agree to. Put the bid in the telegraph as well as through the official channels and make no mention of a new stadium.

Last edited:

Astute

The very fact they are bidding for something they can never get shows they are playing a game.

Pantomime season starts early. Well it started very early when our not so Great Leader announced that the shares could be purchased by them - nice to see they are joining in the game.

None of us know if SISU can get the 50% or not. Just the same as none of us know if SISU are serious about wanting the 50%. What is needed is a serious bid from SISU. No more messing about from them. No more talk about this stadium that they keep banging on about that we don't have the slightest evidence of.

Just like a year ago you knew the Ricoh was a white elephant that was going to cost the Coventry tax payer a lot of money as nobody would be interested in it. And now you and a few others won't stop bleating on as you were so wrong as others were interested. Just the same as others will be interested in our club once SISU give up on it.

covcity4life

i still like to think that sisu got wasps to make ricoh deal in first place with intention of going 50/50 on it together. :)

Noggin

A serious bid would be more money than what wasps bid. Agree to all conditions wasps agree to. Put the bid in the telegraph as well as through the official channels and make no mention of a new stadium.

Agreed but they should mention the new stadium and insist if they are the winning bidders they won't be building a new stadium, that they will be Coventry in Coventry for the long haul, that they will be doing their best to work with wasps improve the experience at the Ricoh, build it into a thriving business that benefits both clubs and Coventry in general.

This sort of statement would put the pressure on ACL to accept the bid, as it stands there is no pressure, every right minded, informed and reasonable person understands that ACL won't take this bid as it stands with them saying they will only be here temporarily. If CCFC make a decent bid we can blame ACL, as it stands they clearly haven't and the blame is still squarely with sisu.

stupot07

Love it. Excuses already been made for ACL and Higgs.

The new stadium is bollocks and even if Higgs sell 50% to ccfc whilst still spouting tosh about a new stadium then building said stadium will own hurt ccfc/sisu as they will own half ACL anyway.

We should be putting pressure on ACL/Higgs now, unless we really want London wasps to 100% own ACL

Btw I think the deal with wasps is a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Noggin

Love it. Excuses already been made for ACL and Higgs.

The new stadium is bollocks and even if Higgs sell 50% to ccfc whilst still spouting tosh about a new stadium then building said stadium will own hurt ccfc/sisu as they will own half ACL anyway.

We should be putting pressure on ACL/Higgs now, unless we really want London wasps to 100% own ACL

Btw I think the deal with wasps is a done deal.

I think its probably a done deal too but that makes it even more stupid that sisu are taking this route. They should at the very least be gaining a hearts and minds victory here but they aren't going too because everyone reasonable can see the offer isn't reasonable.

If Wasps have a veto then the offer needs to be such that there would be massive bad publicity to them for vetoing, making it more in their interest to work together than to veto. As it stands that isn't the case, again every reasonable person (and I'm fully aware that doesn't include everyone I'm talking too) will see that Wasps should veto any deal that leaves them partners with a club that has no intention of staying and isn't in it for the long haul.

This we are going to build a new stadium regardless is probably the most mind boggling thing we've ever seen from SISU, it's unbelievable in its stupidity.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Strictly speaking the Liquidator can request any party holding information to provide anything he needs relating to any asset of CCFC. Again strictly speaking the request cannot be refused.

I assume that you are referring to s236 Insolvency Act 1986 ( http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/45/section/236 ) which relates to the dealings of the company in liquidation and the assets and liabilities of that company.

I assume that you believe SISU would be relying on this particular bit

"any person whom the court thinks capable of giving information concerning the promotion, formation, business, dealings, affairs or property of the company."

The ACL details of the JV, the 14m loan etc do not however form part of the promotion, formation, business, dealings, affairs or property of CCFC Ltd. The asset that CCFC ltd has is the right contained in the option to make a bid not a right to information on a third party that is actually unconnected. Company Law requires precision not broad brush strokes. So the legal power that the liquidator of CCFC Ltd has over AEHC/Wasps/ACL to furnish documents is what exactly? please explain

the offer is we are told is dependent on getting that info ............. so if AEHC can not, or has no way or right to provide that info ..... in reality sisu legal advice must know that ............ then the bid must be designed to fail surely ?

Last edited:

stupot07

I think its probably a done deal too but that makes it even more stupid that sisu are taking this route. They should at the very least be gaining a hearts and minds victory here but they aren't going too because everyone reasonable can see the offer isn't reasonable.

If Wasps have a veto then the offer needs to be such that there would be massive bad publicity to them for vetoing, making it more in their interest to work together than to veto. As it stands that isn't the case, again every reasonable person (and I'm fully aware that doesn't include everyone I'm talking too) will see that Wasps should veto any deal that leaves them partners with a club that has no intention of staying and isn't in it for the long haul.

This we are going to build a new stadium regardless is probably the most mind boggling thing we've ever seen from SISU, it's unbelievable in its stupidity.

It also boils down to how much wasps need/want ccfc here. They could take the chance allow ccfc to buy the 50% then develop a strong partnership over 4 years so that the club won't move out, or take the punt that if they do build their own stadium and move out they can buy ccfc shares off them at that point. It isn't all black and white. And most reasonable people should be able to see that there are a number of options here and therefore not let wasps off the hook. You talk of hearts and minds, seems to me that the general consensus on the wasps deal from our fans is 'Meh'.

We should be supporting this bid regardless of Timmy's bollocks. And let's not forget Wasps know how difficult it is to build a stadium, planning permission, etc. They know it's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Otis

Absolutely.

Noggin

It also boils down to how much wasps need/want ccfc here. They could take the chance allow ccfc to buy the 50% then develop a strong partnership over 4 years so that the club won't move out, or take the punt that if they do build their own stadium and move out they can buy ccfc shares off them at that point. It isn't all black and white. And most reasonable people should be able to see that there are a number of options here and therefore not let wasps off the hook. You talk of hearts and minds, seems to me that the general consensus on the wasps deal from our fans is 'Meh'.

We should be supporting this bid regardless of Timmy's bollocks.

If Wasps took on a partner who were thinking short term then they won't be able to develop, it won't in sisus interests for money to be spent building hotels or pubs that would pay off long term, it won't be in sisus interests to improve the ricoh as a venue if they plan to compete with it, they would have to be nuts to not use a veto if they have one if ccfc arn't planning to stay. The fact that they might be able to buy the shares from sisu in 4 years doesn't make it a sensible decision.

I think the best situation for everyone (from this position) is for the ricoh to be owned 50/50 and for them to work together, so I absolutely support a bid, I don't support this bid though because this bid is stupid because of Tim's bollocks and joys bollocks last week and once again the media is letting them get away with it.

Astute

We should be supporting this bid regardless of Timmy's bollocks. And let's not forget Wasps know how difficult it is to build a stadium, planning permission, etc. They know it's not going to happen.

I disagree.

To me it is all down to how serious the bid is. And you are right about one thing. Fisher is still chatting shit. So it doesn't give me much faith in it being a serious bid.

stupot07

If Wasps took on a partner who were thinking short term then they won't be able to develop, it won't in sisus interests for money to be spent building hotels or pubs that would pay off long term, it won't be in sisus interests to improve the ricoh as a venue if they plan to compete with it, they would have to be nuts to not use a veto if they have one if ccfc arn't planning to stay. The fact that they might be able to buy the shares from sisu in 4 years doesn't make it a sensible decision.

I think the best situation for everyone (from this position) is for the ricoh to be owned 50/50 and for them to work together, so I absolutely support a bid, I don't support this bid though because this bid is stupid because of Tim's bollocks and joys bollocks last week and once again the media is letting them get away with it.

So you don't support this bid? You would rather this bid was rejected and possibly the only chance we have to be gone, with a lifetime of matchday only rental deal....

Talk about note. cutting. spite. face.

Do you really buy into the idea wasps are going to build pubs and hotels etc? There has been nothing stopping ACL approach a hotel chain over the last 10 years and offering land to build a hotel on.

And the flip side from wasps perspective to the risks of potentially having a short term partner, is the likely benefits of such a partnership in the short terms as they go through the (unwanted) transition to coventry.

Last edited:

stupot07

I disagree.

To me it is all down to how serious the bid is. And you are right about one thing. Fisher is still chatting shit. So it doesn't give me much faith in it being a serious bid.

It's now or never. I don't believe we will get another chance for a long time. Also this bid failing increases the likelihood of a ground we know won't be built being built.

chiefdave

Think about what SISU are actually proposing here. We would own 50% of a 32K capacity PL standard ground. But we would be playing in a flat pack stadium with approx. a third of that capacity outside the city.

Even if they build the stadium on the cheap we'd be looking at decades before there was any financial advantage over staying at the Ricoh with a 50% stake. That's before you even consider issues around losing fans due to playing outside the city, issues attracting non-matchday events in competition with the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread