Binley Mega Chippy (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
I remember when yo yos and inline skate hockey were a craze. Traveling hours to a chippy to take a picture for likes online is strange.

The "influencers" are weird fuckers who got a few likes and wanted to start doing night club appearances.

The generation of now need to get out more. People going bad for that cal the dragon is a perfect example.

Have a word.

Finham

It’s just students doing a zany in-joke about something deliberately random and banal, no need to overthink this one guys.
If it's students then it's even more likely to be posh knobs taking the piss out of something "traditionally working class". It's a mocking culture by nature and it stinks.

Nick

Administrator
If it's students then it's even more likely to be posh knobs taking the piss out of something "traditionally working class". It's a mocking culture by nature and it stinks.
I don't think it is actually mocking though. Things seem to go too far the other way. Almost like some of them need a good mocking.

There are people who film themselves taking penalties against garden gnomes who are now hailed as celebrities by these weirdos.

Can't imagine texting my mates at 18 saying let's drive 200 miles to a closed chippy to video ourselves dancing. It's a different world.

It's all about "clout" now.

Last edited:

Finham

I don't think it is actually mocking though. Things seem to go too far the other way. Almost like some of them need a good mocking.

There are people who film themselves taking penalties against garden gnomes who are now hailed as celebrities by these weirdos.

Can't imagine texting my mates at 18 saying let's drive 200 miles to a closed chippy to video ourselves dancing. It's a different world.

It's all about "clout" now.
I couldn't be more of an old man if I tried, I genuinely don't get any of it. Wtf is "clout"?

Even so, what they decide is funny I do usually find offensive and mocking in tone.

Nick

Administrator
I couldn't be more of an old man if I tried, I genuinely don't get any of it. Wtf is "clout"?

Even so, what they decide is funny I do usually find offensive and mocking in tone.
Basically likes and attention. Bandwagon they want to get on.

I wouldn't say it's offensive, just very strange.

Brighton Sky Blue

New vocab:

Sweaty = good
Limbs = good
Bare sweaty/limbs= very good
Dead = boring

Finham

Basically likes and attention. Bandwagon they want to get on.

I wouldn't say it's offensive, just very strange.
And that's all there is, isn't there? Bandwagon. No actual real content, just "following". If that's all there is....

It’sabatch87

I grew up in Willenhall wood in the 70’s not sure if it was a chippy then, but we always used the Marina on a Friday night anyway.

dutchman

I grew up in Willenhall wood in the 70’s not sure if it was a chippy then, but we always used the Marina on a Friday night anyway.

Are you sure? The Marina was right down by the junction with London Road. There was one much closer to Willenhall Wood at the other end of St James Lane and another at the bottom of Remembrance Road, just inside the precinct.

Last edited:

It’sabatch87

Yes I know but the marina was the best and going down remembrance rd in the 70’s wasn’t the brightest thing.
We lived just off Yarningale rd.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's all over ITV GMB this morning.

If you want decent fish and chips go to Brownsover in Rugby. 10 mile round trip for me and well worth it. There, stick that all over your social media. 😂

Covkid1968#

It was an Ammaco garage and it had a New Scotland Yard type rotating masthead up until mid 80's-ish
It was a Murco garage when I grew up in Binley…with a decent video rental section. I never returned Footloose and always felt bad…Asian guy called Gordon owned the garage if I recall. Strangely I can’t recall what I’m meant to be doing at work today but can remember worthless shite like that from 1984

Covkid1968#

Have a feeling it was newsagents at one point, possibly petrol station.
The newsagent was Crawlies…. Just down from the petrol station. The owners son was a decent footballer who played at a pretty high level if I recall. Ffs I’m at it again with useless memories!!!

wingy

The newsagent was Crawlies…. Just down from the petrol station. The owners son was a decent footballer who played at a pretty high level if I recall. Ffs I’m at it again with useless memories!!!
Ah God bless Ian played in the FA Vase at Wembley and scored .
Just a great lad sadly passed away young from a wasting disease .

Edit:- VS Rugby.

Covkid1968#

Ah God bless Ian played in the FA Vase at Wembley and scored .
Just a great lad sadly passed away young from a wasting disease .

Edit:- VS Rugby.
Yes that’s right. I completely forgot that he died early. Such a shame

Nick

Administrator
"Lads, you know what will be fucking amazing. How about we all go to this Chippy and film ourselves singing outside to post online to get some likes?"
"Class Bantz"

This guy is clearly the kid at school who shouts at Pigeons and tells everybody bullshit stories.

SBT

That last kid’s video has more than one million likes on TikTok - he’s probably doing fine for mates at school.

Users who are viewing this thread