bob Ainsworth on CWR before 6 tonight (1 Viewer)

Ooh I'd so like Mr Richardson to have prove that was factually incorrect in court, and I don't think he could as I know BR was paid as Chairman. However I didn't think GR got anything for his time as chairman/board member.

Thought I read (back in the day of course) that BR was the second most highest paid chairman in the league at one point.

duffer

So a general sum up? Please :-D

In a nutshell I think Bob said something like this (I'm doing this from memory, so am happy to be corrected!):

FL had told him that Golden Share was in the name of CCFC Ltd.

FL also told him that club would not be allowed to move outside of the City unless there was a clear plan in place, that within a few years, it would be able to move back to the City.

Bob seemed to offer the opinion that everything that SISU had done recently, including the pending court action against the Council, was designed to distress ACL and pick up the Ricoh on the cheap.

He said that he could not see a way forward for the club under the current owners.

I think that was about the bones of it, at least in relation to the owners and share issue.

dadgad

Jeeeez what a shit interview. That host is barely literate.
I like Ainsworth tho' he clearly has the clubs' interests at heart despite not being a fan.

James Smith

<p>

I dont know figures, just that he received interest on his investment from the mid 90's until about 2004.

Was told this by someone at the council.

Someone else has now told me that the rate was very low, far lower than the club could have borrowed at, but that he was getting interest.

Grendel

Someone else has now told me that the rate was very low, far lower than the club could have borrowed at, but that he was getting interest.

Really? Do you have any evidence?

James Smith

Really? Do you have any evidence?

No more evidence than that of the original post, and as I said is just what I was told. I'll have to see if I can get them to back it up, I think they were at an AGM where it came up in questions about the clubs finances.

James Smith

Apparently he loaned it according to notes taken at the AGM on "advantageous terms"

notesto1996agm.jpg

Notes taken at the 1996 AGM.

Last edited:

skybluegnome

Jeeeez what a shit interview. That host is barely literate.
I like Ainsworth tho' he clearly has the clubs' interests at heart despite not being a fan.

You think so...nothing to do with the fact there are elections next week......just want our votes...The guy came up with nothing new imo...

wingy

You think so...nothing to do with the fact there are elections next week......just want our votes...The guy came up with nothing new imo...
You sure .could have sworn i heard coventry does'nt get ivolved with this years round of Council Elections.

reckon he would'nt mind a Mayoral /regional government role as he quits parliament at the next GE.:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread