Boddy's Programme Column (2 Viewers)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure the speech marks I can see on the Trust website are ironic in any sense. The ones at the start of each paragraph appear to be typos. The ones in the body of the paragraph are quotes from the FA regulations, which of course both the club and Trust are well aware of.

I might have expressed things differently so perhaps a different tone slightly. But it says the Trust is keen to help and be involved. It would also seem that they tried to discuss with Mr Boddy and have yet to have a reply. Didn't the meeting with mr Boddy take place three or four weeks ago? Not unreasonable to expect a follow-up or reply in that time or maybe arrange a time to discuss.

These regulations were brought in at the start of the year ie.during last season and the only consultation so far has been with the most divisive character on the SCG. You might think that says something but maybe it is just workload.

I also do not understand why the meeting with mr Boddy had to go unreported .surely not all contents were confidential and a press release could be agreed

Nothing wrong in things being challenged in the right way. It can be helpful to the club. It isn't necessarily confrontational. But I guess whether challenge is used as an asset or encouraged is a matter of confidence and attitude. It shouldn't be a threat.

Saw on Coventry mad that there is yet another fans group being set up from monday. Aims at replacing the trust it seems. Interesting timing.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Read the thread, I said about boddy. If he is doing a 180 from fishers view and at least open up communication don't then put out statements that give reasons to prevent it?

They’ve had communication. CJ told you that. Why would it prevent it? People still talk to the club and the owners of the club and they’ve said and done far worse. That probably passed you by though as you’re too fixated on the trust.

The trust have numerous times offered to assist and facilitate things to help the club and been rebuffed. Including helping setting up a new version of the SCG as you have read on this thread. If the club aren’t going to give the trust the opportunity to build a relationship the trust may as well tell it as it is. If that means it upsets you then I say tough shit on you. It’s your issue.

skybluetony176

Not sure the speech marks I can see on the Trust website are ironic in any sense. The ones at the start of each paragraph appear to be typos. The ones in the body of the paragraph are quotes from the FA regulations, which of course both the club and Trust are well aware of.

I might have expressed things differently so perhaps a different tone slightly. But it says the Trust is keen to help and be involved. It would also seem that they tried to discuss with Mr Boddy and have yet to have a reply. Didn't the meeting with mr Boddy take place three or four weeks ago? Not unreasonable to expect a follow-up.

These regulations were brought in at the start of the year ie.during last season and the only consultation so far has been with the most divisive character on the SCG

I also do not understand why the meeting with mr Boddy had to go unreported.

Saw on Coventry mad that there is yet another fans group being set up from monday. Aims at replacing the trust it seems. Interesting timing.

I’d be surprised if it replaced the trust. Two things will come from it. It will either be a closed camp of small numbers who oppose the trust. Or it will end up replicating the trust because the truth is that the only people who can be bothered to mobilise themselves and either set things up or attend meetings to contribute to them in any numbers are the people already doing it, within the trust board or members who can be bothered to attend.

letsallsingtogether

Try doing it then and I'd be happy to.

The tone of the statement is quite obvious. The use of ironic speech marks adds to it.

Hardly going to help is it?
As usual Nick you see what no one else sees.
Give it a fucking rest always trying to make people look stupid.
Doesn't matter how anyone from the trust would have responded you would have found fault in it.

Nick

Administrator
They’ve had communication. CJ told you that. Why would it prevent it? People still talk to the club and the owners of the club and they’ve said and done far worse. That probably passed you by though as you’re too fixated on the trust.

The trust have numerous times offered to assist and facilitate things to help the club and been rebuffed. Including helping setting up a new version of the SCG as you have read on this thread. If the club aren’t going to give the trust the opportunity to build a relationship the trust may as well tell it as it is. If that means it upsets you then I say tough shit on you. It’s your issue.

So when the trust "tell it as it is" then surely don't moan if the engagement with the club stops?

If it was Fisher I could slightly understand the tone, as boddy seems to be doing the opposite it wasn't really needed. At a time where he seems to be trying to build on it, it's hardly going to help.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Will have a hard time replacing the Trust. The regulations speak of consulting with fans and fans groups and supporters trust. Only one trust can be recognised per club. The sky blue trust is the registered body with supporters direct, and recognised by FA and EFL.

Nick

Administrator
As usual Nick you see what no one else sees.
Give it a fucking rest always trying to make people look stupid.
Doesn't matter how anyone from the trust would have responded you would have found fault in it.
You mean like the other article from them I liked and retweeted earlier? ;)

skybluetony176

So when the trust "tell it as it is" then surely don't moan if the engagement with the club stops?

If it was Fisher I could slightly understand the tone, as boddy seems to be doing the opposite it wasn't really needed. At a time where he seems to be trying to build on it, it's hardly going to help.

As always you’ve got your head and arse screwed on the wrong way around.

Just listen to yourself. You’re saying that the club is beyond criticism and doesn’t have to answer to anyone. The trust being critical isn’t the problem. The club not accepting criticism is.

You tell me who’s driving the wedge? The trust can’t even link a newspaper article without being threatened with legal action. Is that acceptable for instance? The trust have repeatedly and recently offered an olive branch and been rebuffed. Who’s not allowing the club to accept it? You can’t really be naive enough to think it’s down to some quote marks.

skybluetony176

Will have a hard time replacing the Trust. The regulations speak of consulting with fans and fans groups and supporters trust. Only one trust can be recognised per club. The sky blue trust is the registered body with supporters direct, and recognised by FA and EFL.

Just reading the bit about it on Cov City Mad and I can’t help but think they’re dreaming a bit. They’re talking about Villa fans and how they got to sit at Dougs table with a different application. Joy doesn’t even attend games except on the odd occasion, Doug probably didn’t miss as many games as Joy has been to. She’s never reached out to fans unless it suited her and even then it was when she had something to sell, in limited numbers and only ever on a handful of occasions.

If they think that they can achieve a regular audience with Joy and get something from it then I think they’re putting themselves on a hiding to nowhere before they even start.

See what they have to say on Monday.

Nick

Administrator
As always you’ve got your head and arse screwed on the wrong way around.

Just listen to yourself. You’re saying that the club is beyond criticism and doesn’t have to answer to anyone. The trust being critical isn’t the problem. The club not accepting criticism is.

You tell me who’s driving the wedge? The trust can’t even link a newspaper article without being threatened with legal action. Is that acceptable for instance? The trust have repeatedly and recently offered an olive branch and been rebuffed. Who’s not allowing the club to accept it? You can’t really be naive enough to think it’s down to some quote marks.

Where am I saying any of that? I'm saying if the guy is trying to sort a relationship don't put up statements about him carrying that sort of tone at the same time as arranging events with him in private?

He may well end up like Fisher, he may well be better.

skybluetony176

Where am I saying any of that? I'm saying if the guy is trying to sort a relationship don't put up statements about him carrying that sort of tone at the same time as arranging events with him in private?

He may well end up like Fisher, he may well be better.

If he wants a relationship then he’ll except criticism. Wouldn’t be much of a relationship otherwise would it? How does anyone end up like Fisher? No one chooses to be like Fisher, you’re either like that or you aren’t. I note with interest though that if he does turn out to be another Fisher you’re already setting the trust up for the blame.

Nick

Administrator
If he wants a relationship then he’ll except criticism. Wouldn’t be much of a relationship otherwise would it? How does anyone end up like Fisher? No one chooses to be like Fisher, you’re either like that or you aren’t. I note with interest though that if he does turn out to be another Fisher you’re already setting the trust up for the blame.

I'm sure he will be open to it. Again there are ways to do it surely when they are meeting in private and arranging an event?

SkyBlueZack

What do the trust do to increase membership or fan engagement? If you suggest anything you're told to run for the board. It's barmy. The trust are very anti sisu and no you can't blame them for that. You have to acknowledge though that the club will be distant because of that. I think we unfortunately have to accept that sisu are here for the foreseeable. How can we improve things within our control? How can we assist the club with communication, marketing and promotion etc. Cue abuse my way.

Terry Gibson's perm

What do the trust do to increase membership or fan engagement? If you suggest anything you're told to run for the board. It's barmy. The trust are very anti sisu and no you can't blame them for that. You have to acknowledge though that the club will be distant because of that. I think we unfortunately have to accept that sisu are here for the foreseeable. How can we improve things within our control? How can we assist the club with communication, marketing and promotion etc. Cue abuse my way.

The club employ people in these roles maybe they should make them improve or get in new ones that can do the job

skybluetony176

You don’t have to join the board but engagement is a two way street. If you don’t join you don’t receive emails from them, anyone can view their website but they can’t force people to do so, you don’t have to be a member to attend all meetings and participate lots of them are open or you just join when you arrive anyway. Had an email from them last night and instantly got myself a ticket to enjoy an evening with Mark Robins in November. They engage with the fans that want to be engaged with. It’s not some sort of elite clan, hell they let me in. Seems some expect them to do all the running so they can enjoy moaning that they don’t represent them which is odd because when I’ve attended meetings (not many in truth) you hear a wide spectrum of opinions and ideas. People who probably tend to share your opinions on most things probably are in the minority. Is that a fair reflection of our fan base or is it a reflection of those who can be bothered to seek engagement? Either way the trust can only listen to those who engage directly with them and form their strategies on that basis. Don’t know if you are a member and attend meetings or not but if the answer is no how is that the trusts fault?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There is more engagement between club and Trust than might be apparent. The trust board members regularly engage with the various senior staff. A refreshing change seems to be that Mr Boddy doesn't seem to take a question or a challenge from the Trust as an excuse to cut off engagement. Recent articles have not stopped MR attending an open night for example.

It is higher up that the antagonism and problems have been but even then when Fisher chooses the engagement happens. In the past engagement has been for a purpose or a gift at risk if the Trust doesn't behave. It is a method of control. A trust should work with the club to benefit its members ( and by association fans in general) but it should be independent of the club

Yes the Trust has at times got things wrong, but communication between the club and Trust should never be a weapon or reward it should be a given. Many times people disagree, people have questions etc the best way to deal with that is to sit down meet and talk. Boddy seems so far to have the right attitude, the Trust need to meet him half way, but that should never be at the expense of questions or challenging what they are told or clarifying the many inconsistencies that exist. Improvement most often comes from dialogue, questioning, challenge so what is to be feared from that. Take it as a useful tool to improve our club. There have been many suggestions made by the Trust taken on board by the club, that isn't news worthy though. Other things like how fans engagement takes place were suggested by the trust brushed away because there was the scg only to find the FA / EFL envisage what the Trust suggested several years ago. Engagement generally has been interrupted when the owners not club have been challenged.

The Trust like nearly all Ccfc fans is anti Sisu they are not nor ever have been anti club. They are amateurs engaging with professionals. It isn't easy to get things right every time even for professionals

The perception that there is no positive engagement is a fallacy. However fans representation is not about sitting at a table with nodding agreement on the little things because that is supporting the club...... that isn't supporting its future at all it is allowing temporary custodians to do what they choose.

Engagement on any level is a two way thing....... It isn't a reward for toeing the line. It should be done in a grown up manner and it isn't always obvious. It should be a frank exchange of views and questions with proper answers expected. A two way process in a respectful manner. No fear of being excluded or punished

I think up to and including Mr Boddy and his level the engagement is improving and exists....It seems Mr Boddy has the right attitude but is still finding his feet, the trust has I think been generally positive and supportive of him. It is when you get to higher than that there is a problem but is that engagement with the club or with its owners.

Zack you don't have to be a board member to make a difference with the Trust but you do have to engage with them. If you have suggestions or questions email them to the Trust asking for them to be discussed at the next board meeting. Ask for a proper response and for the matter to be Included in the minutes that are published on the website.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Been ill mate and got bored hahaha

SkyBlueZack

No, on here. Cue the email them, go to meetings etc. It's bollocks. This is the biggest fans forum, yet will be deemed not good enough to have a say. Unless of course it involves shouting sisu out.

skybluetony176

I guess you have missed all of the suggestions on here with that response?

I remember the what I would do if I was running the trust thread and how quickly said poster ran away when it was pointed out to him elections were coming up. I remember lots of people saying that the trust don’t speak for them when actually they’ve never engaged with the trust through any of the established lines of communications and yes I have heard people say on here you should join the board but then the people saying it aren’t the mouthpiece of the trust and skybluestalk isn’t an official line of communication either.

If Zack wants to have his opinion taken seriously he needs to be doing it in a manner that can be taken seriously. If he’s done that and being ignored or told to join the board as an official response from the trust then the trust needs to explain itself on that. However if he’s been bitching on a online forum and expects to be taken seriously then he only has himself to blame for the response he’s got from the forum. Or maybe I should start moaning about how Tim and Joy never engage with me when I bitch about them on here and you can back me up just how you’ve gone out your way to back Zack up.

skybluetony176

I'm sure he's one that's give that response.

Did you contact the trust through any of their official lines and get that response?

Just to clear it up I’m not a member of the trust board and therefore only speak for myself not the board. If you’re not engaging with them directly I’m not sure how it makes it mine or their fault. It can only be yours. I’ve never not had a response from an email I’ve sent to the trust.

skybluetony176

Here you go Zack. I don’t mind helping you out.

Sky Blue Trust - Home

Here’s a link to the trust site. If you go to the menu there’s a link to contact them with your suggestions. If you don’t get a response or told you should join the board sarcastically I’ll back you 100% in your criticism of them.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Do it in a proper formal way that means it can not be overlooked. Do not rely on others who may have different ideas or viewpoints.

If people have ideas or suggestions email them in the manner I suggested. Do it that way and it can not be missed, ignored, forgotten pre vetted etc. Request a reply and confirmation it has been discussed and reasons why it is not progressed. Not all board members come on this forum, I can only think of one that still does. If you have that email then you can challenge if it isn't considered by the Trust board.

If it's a good idea persist with it and be prepared to argue it. Putting out an idea on a forum possibly isn't enough

Nick

Administrator
Do it in a proper formal way that means it can not be overlooked. Do not rely on others who may have different ideas or viewpoints.

If people have ideas or suggestions email them in the manner I suggested. Do it that way and it can not be missed, ignored, forgotten pre vetted etc. Not all board members come on this forum, I can only think of one that still does.

If it's a good idea persist with it and be prepared to argue it. Putting out an idea on a forum possibly isn't enough
Why can't it be ignored?

Steve was good at discussing to give credit to him!

Users who are viewing this thread