Boothroyd Sacked! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
CCFC Board Statement

THE board of Coventry City Football Club has today relieved Aidy Boothroyd of his first team duties with immediate effect.

Assistant manager Martin Pert has also been relieved of his duties.

First team coach Steve Harrison and chief scout Andy Thorn will be placed in temporary charge of team affairs.

We would like to place on record our thanks to Aidy and Martin for their efforts.

We will not be holding a media conference today as the team is preparing for the match at Burnley tomorrow.

sky_blue_up_north

So what next, whoever we get will never move this club forward, no money, no players, no stadium, no hope, no future, piss poor decision

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure what is going through their mind.

I would like to think they have some investors with their own manager in mind but I doubt that very much!

I can't say it was the right decision. It should be the people at the top who are sacked ;)

Who is that Leanard guy who sits twittering shite?

I wonder when the odds will go live for the new manager, Di Matteo?

TimRussell

I'm sure a queue of aspiring managers is forming at the Ricoh even as I type. But seriously, WTF do they expect? Even Mourinho couldn't make a silk purse out of the sow's arse that is CCFC. OK, someone new might come in & galvanise the squad enough for us to avoid the drop zone, but what about next season?

skybluetelford

Did you not see it coming ? A board without funds to invest, transfer windows going buy with a rubbish squad further depleted by players leaving and none coming in ? No cash for renewing players contracts ? Oh what can we do.... I know, sack the 'hasn't-got-a-chance-in-hell-of-succeeding-manager' to deflect attention for a bit !!!

Losers in the boardroom, one and all. Prepare for league 1.

SkyBluegilby

Id imagine we will get someone in temp till the end of the season - probably internal.

Then who knows? Lee Clark would be near the top of the list!

Do you think he has lost the dressing room?

City Nut

looks like harrison is in charge now.

somethin must be going on inside the club, they always seem to have plans before makin decisions.

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure who is available at the minute

• Strachan
  • Di Matteo
Can't think of many more!

Gaskell

Shocking. As stated above, I don't think any manager can get us out of the shit until the board changes. There is one thing I won't be missing, the post match interviews.

"We played with character"
"We're a work in progress"
"We can get positives out of the result"

Who knows what holds for the rest of the season.

Danny

Our board is a disgrace we won't be able to attract any decent manager and tbh it doesn't matter who we get because it will the same shit like it has been for the past 10 years. An absolute joke

OyJimmy

It's alright Paul Daniels is still available!

Seriously pathetic decision, by a pathetic board. Time for SISU to go.

C

Clive Plattini

Did you all see Leonard Brody asking for opinions on Twitter about how to change the club. He said don't make it about money. But the problem is, it is! We have no money and can't afford to keep our best players, buy players or even get players on loan. Nothing will ever change until we get some serious investment. The manager is pretty irrelevant at the moment.

But I would like to thank Boothroyd for giving us our best half season for about 9 years, shame about the second half. Oh well. The joys of being a City fan I guess.

PUSB

JazzCat

I'll be honest on Saturday with 10 mins to go i did say to my dad "I know it'll make no difference BUT i'm starting to think it's time the current set up went"

The only reason i say this is 16 games with only 1 win. Fair enough we have had injuries, suspensions etc but any other manager would have probably gone elsewhere. I understand though if you don't have the resources or players then you'll only do what is possible. On that basis i i think it's unfair he's gone.

The reason i think he may have gone is the complete apathy surrounding the club. I was only saying before the game that all of this bad run and i've, not personally, heard a single Boothroyd out chant yet. The football has been dire to watch, crowds are dwindling and maybe it's time to freshen up the club even if it's only so they can falsely get our hopes up to sell a few season tickets for next year who knows?

bushyaus

Another knee jerk reaction
Cannot afford any loan signings, yet we can afford to pay compo to Boothroyd. He cannot make silk purses out of sows ears and even Wenger/Ferguson would not get this squad into play offs.
Presumably paying Boothroyd will have less financial implications than relegation to league 1.
I can predict 2 scenario's. New investment is imminent and with it will come a new manager(O'Neill)-unlikely
Carsley player manager till end season-possible.

Sky Blue M

Its just making it look like a bad appointment in the first place. First time in years that we have spent money to get a manager and then we sack him so we now have to pay his contract up.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if they are planning a big name (well big for our league) to get bums on seats and faith back from the fans?

It is pathetic that we can't get any players in because of wages but we sack Boothroyd and pay his wages off!

Hullinho87

I can totally understand that this looks like a really bad decison at a bad time.

But in hindsight, with a reasonable amont of knowledge of AB's background - this was a gamble of an appointment in a way.

As at previous clubs, he only has one style of play and recruits players to play that way. When this:

1) works it really works, a la Watford. But bear in mind he was at Watford for years before his appointment and he knew that the players there were fitted to his style of play but;

2) doesn't work it really fails. At City he really on had one recruitment chance (pre season) and really with those players and the ones already there, we have seen his one track system become less and less workable. Especially after all the other managers did their basic homework from October onwards and found us out.

So, as I said, from the outside in, it seems a strange decison, but from a pure footballing one, probably more understandable!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I am not sure who is available at the minute

• Strachan
  • Di Matteo
Can't think of many more!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Gormless Gordon!!!! I definately not give us a chance in Hell of anything if HE came back!!! :mad:

(By the way Nick. You might think about changing your avatar!! :D

gouldberg

Dreadful decision. I've had it with Sisu now (I had already but this has gone too far now!) We're a club with no money, no assets, no ground, no sense of direction, no clue what-so-ever. This is a step backwards yet again. What now? Another mediocre replacement that will be promised more than he can actually have who will then struggle with a terrible team before getting sacked, much like every manager this club has had under Sisu.

Absolute disgrace, the board should grow a pair and admit they don't have a clue. There's only so many times they can use a scapegoat, and us fans have grown wise to it. We're speaking with out feet, the attendance at the next game will be about 12,000 tops and I'm almost certain the board will be booed throughout.

"We will not be holding a media conference today as the team is preparing for the match at Burnley tomorrow." That line is the biggest load of dross I have ever heard. They aren't sat busy 'preparing for the game'. The players may be, but are Ranson and the other board members? Probably out purchasing ear-plugs and sunglasses so we can't see them as easily and they can't hear us shouting at them to get a grip!

Bored of this, season after season. Enough is enough and us fans must make it clear that the common theme regarding the clubs failure is not the managers, it is THE BOARD!

Lloyd

i am absoloutely disgusted, for the first time that i've supported the sky blues, i am actually disgusted...

SISU need to GO NOW!

I want every sky blue fan at our next home game to chant Sisu out! they need to hear us!

next seasons hopes are dulled even more now, King wont stay, westwood wont, and that's it, Turner will be sold as will any of our future players.

I'm so angry right now!

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, the fans are powerless when it comes to getting SISU out as nobody else will want us.

The only alternative would be for not a single home fan to go to the games which would never happen but it sure would get to them :)

sky_blue_up_north

No to WGS, he would make things worst

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Why am I not surprised?

Didn't Ranson say when he came in that this club needed stability and changing the manager every year wasn't the solution? League 1 here we come...

Lloyd

The thing is, the fans are powerless when it comes to getting SISU out as nobody else will want us.

The only alternative would be for not a single home fan to go to the games which would never happen but it sure would get to them :)

you speak the truth, but as someone else said, i hadnt heard many people wanting Boothroyd out, theres always a few, but i think the majority of us know this is a ploy to deflect fire on to someone else. instead i'm hoping it turns him in to martyr.

Nick

Administrator
Why am I not surprised?

Didn't Ranson say when he came in that this club needed stability and changing the manager every year wasn't the solution? League 1 here we come...

Everything has gone against everything ever said :(

The same as the young talent thing!

kevinleftpeg

Thank the Lord!

Hi Nick & all

Have not bothered posting this Season as Hoofroyd has been the poor performer, coupled with the Players.
Sorry to go against the concensus but I could not bare to watch!

The Players escape virtually unscathed again. What about their inept performances? SISU are at fault for many things but not for Professionals not playing to even a basic standard.

Any new Investor would be crazy to plough money into CCFC from a Business perspective. 12-15k fans! Does not even cover the silly wage bill for the Team, albeit this is grossly inflated based on their skillset.

Nick, you should apply for the job :)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I am absolutely disgusted to see that they have sacked Aidy Boothroyd! We gave Coleman more bloody time!
The board have offered him NOTHING! He had Connor Thomas swept from under his feet and shipped off to Liverpool and he received nothing from the sale Michael Doyle.
He's not been given any money to look at bringing in new players, not even loans, so what can he be expected to do!? There's only so much he can do and once those players cross the line THEY are responsible for what happens on the pitch, so shouldn't we be looking to them!?
He's been here less than a season, no ones a miracle worker, and I think he should've stayed and this is gonna be our biggest downfall.
I wish Aidy Boothroyd all the best for whatever happens next, and I am sure he will be snapped up! I now fear that we will lose Keiren Westwood, Aron Gunnarsson and Marlon King for sure now.
I'm Sky Blue through and through but a week and half ago I said I wouldn't renew next season if Aidy got sacked...

Nick

Administrator
I think it is a certain sign that King will be going.

I wonder if he will play again this season for us or if he will be emergency loaned out? :(

wiljam

Huge huge huge mistake. It does not even make sense at this time to sack anyone. I certainly won't do much for moral in the dressing room.

Users who are viewing this thread