Brexit rules ? (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

There are on going issues going on re. Brexit rules and EU based people being booted out, could that affect footballers ?

slowpoke

Only caught it on the news today so haven’t studied it but EU based people are being served with notices to have to leave Britain, one lady was even born here of Portuguese parents but hadn’t been registered British has a notice to leave the UK as I said not studied it yet.

clint van damme

Only caught it on the news today so haven’t studied it but EU based people are being served with notices to have to leave Britain, one lady was even born here of Portuguese parents but hadn’t been registered British has a notice to leave the UK as I said nut studied it yet.

That's it in a nutshell but I don't think it will affect footballers as they're here as foreign citizens on work permits anyway.

slowpoke

That's it in a nutshell but I don't think it will affect footballers as they're here as foreign citizens on work permits anyway.
I bet a lot haven’t got permits. I have read before that our Tory friends are looking to bring in some sort of time order to live and work in the U.K. NHS employees are exempt.

torchomatic

Only caught it on the news today so haven’t studied it but EU based people are being served with notices to have to leave Britain, one lady was even born here of Portuguese parents but hadn’t been registered British has a notice to leave the UK as I said not studied it yet.

That's shit. I did read over the weekend though of a couple who'd retired to Spain who are being forced back here because of Brexit, which they voted for. That cheered me up a little. I like stories of Brexiteers lives being fucked up.

Senior Vick from Alicante

That's shit. I did read over the weekend though of a couple who'd retired to Spain who are being forced back here because of Brexit, which they voted for. That cheered me up a little. I like stories of Brexiteers lives being fucked up.
You spite full little man, but just to put your hat straight. Spain like France are changing their internal law to allow expats who own property to stay as long as they want and not the EU regulated 90 days in 180. Why would you like folk being "fucked up" by choices they made after being given information by politician's from all sides that things would be Ok. If you have an issue you should be having a go at the rule makers not the folk who suffer from them.

Sick Boy

You spite full little man, but just to put your hat straight. Spain like France are changing their internal law to allow expats who own property to stay as long as they want and not the EU regulated 90 days in 180. Why would you like folk being "fucked up" by choices they made after being given information by politician's from all sides that things would be Ok. If you have an issue you should be having a go at the rule makers not the folk who suffer from them.
Yeah, because politicians are always completely honest and upfront. It's nearly 10 years on and Turkey don't seem any closer to joining the EU either.

curly_tom

I'm sorry to say it but that is absolute rubbish. People who live in the EU and voted for Brexit are the worst of the lot (maybe you are one?). They have taken advantage of being EU members and because of small-minded xenophobia (what other reason? sovereignty?) they voted to leave the EU. They are mostly older and have fucked thigs up for the next generation so they won't be afforded the same opportunities they had. The politicians will have been dishonest but that wasn't hard to spot. Have a look at the people who championed this derangement, self-serving bastards. It stinks!

clint van damme

these are the sort of people who were parroting shit like 'project fear' whenever people told them what was happening, and our economy took a battering thanks to their stupidity.
I don't like to see people's lives 'fucked up' but it's wide of the mark to refer to people as spiteful because they get pissed off by the consequences of the actions of these daft cunts,

Yeah, because politicians are always completely honest and upfront. It's nearly 10 years on and Turkey don't seem any closer to joining the EU either.
We suffer from having idiots in charge who get voted in more and more because of the wrong reasons. We need conviction politicians who say what they are going to do and at least try to do it. We all suffer due to all of them not wanting to change the status quo but we end up getting party favourites parachuted in because the head offices like them rather than their achievements. They all deserve a good smack in the nose at the next election whatever their party, nothing but grifters and charlatan's.

PVA

f1e.png

I'm sorry to say it but that is absolute rubbish. People who live in the EU and voted for Brexit are the worst of the lot (maybe you are one?). They have taken advantage of being EU members and because of small-minded xenophobia (what other reason? sovereignty?) they voted to leave the EU. They are mostly older and have fucked thigs up for the next generation so they won't be afforded the same opportunities they had. The politicians will have been dishonest but that wasn't hard to spot. Have a look at the people who championed this derangement, self-serving bastards. It stinks!
Tom, Cheylesmore is hardly the Spanish Costa unless you're thinking Quinton Pool has a a beach? Knowing lots of people though that live out their they did not vote for Brexit. The actual split was 73% voted remain like a lot of us did, also xenophobia, so what you're saying is that folk who live abroad have a fear of foreign people they live abroad with?

slowpoke

But reading all that I think it could affect football, all sports in fact the problem as I see it is Mr Sunak has put immigration at the top of his five promises and it’s election year so he won’t be bending.
Could get interesting.

Sick Boy

But reading all that I think it could affect football, all sports in fact the problem as I see it is Mr Sunak has put immigration at the top of his five promises and it’s election year so he won’t be bending.
Could get interesting.
I very much doubt it'll impact footballers. It's usually those who have made mistakes/not submitted paperwork; I imagine clubs take care of a lot of this kind of stuff on behalf of the players.

Could get interesting.
I think the numbers are too big to let Government change any rules just for instance the championship generated 676 million pounds in the 22/23 season last year the Premier league was 5.8 billion. The money is too big to piss about with the who can who cant play here. Money talks.

Sick Boy

Tom, Cheylesmore is hardly the Spanish Costa unless you're thinking Quinton Pool has a a beach? Knowing lots of people though that live out their they did not vote for Brexit. The actual split was 73% voted remain like a lot of us did, also xenophobia, so what you're saying is that folk who live abroad have a fear of foreign people they live abroad with?
I'm generalising but I'd expect those that voted Leave and lived in the EU at the time probably weren't/aren't all that integrated into the local culture.

skybluetony176

It will be their own fault. Spain gave every British expat already there regardless of circumstances guaranteed residency, all they had to do was apply, Spain even extended the deadline as they knew was British expats who hadn’t applied. I was reading that there was some exceptionism amongst some ex pats, you can’t tell me what to do I’m British, especially true regarding driving licences as a a British drivers license now has a period in so many months that you’re allowed to use it the EU meaning British expats needed living in Spain for prolonged periods had to either exchange their uk licence for a Spanish one or just not drive.

Sick Boy

It will be their own fault. Spain gave every British expat already there regardless of circumstances guaranteed residency, all they had to do was apply, Spain even extended the deadline as they knew was British expats who hadn’t applied. I was reading that there was some exceptionism amongst some ex pats, you can’t tell me what to do I’m British, especially true regarding driving licences as a a British drivers license now has a period in so many months that you’re allowed to use it the EU meaning British expats needed living in Spain for prolonged periods had to either exchange their uk licence for a Spanish one or just not drive.
I exchanged mine and the bastards took away my right to drive a van.

skybluetony176

I exchanged mine and the bastards took away my right to drive a van.
Shouldn’t you be a okay up to 3.5 ton? Which is LWB transit size. Unless it’s Italy rules rather than EU. You might also have something called grandfather rights. I’m not ever going to use it but when my license changed I lost 7.5 ton allowance which was what the law was when I passed but subsequently changed in the UK to 3.5 ton limit but apparently you have grandfather rights which means you can still drive up to 7.5 tons despite it not being on your license. So a mate told me anyway. Could you have not swapped yours for an Irish license? I don’t think there’s restrictions in the UK on driving on an Irish license so you could have had the best of both worlds.

Grendel

Sick Boy

Shouldn’t you be a okay up to 3.5 ton? Which is LWB transit size. Unless it’s Italy rules rather than EU. You might also have something called grandfather rights. I’m not ever going to use it but when my license changed I lost 7.5 ton allowance which was what the law was when I passed but subsequently changed in the UK to 3.5 ton limit but apparently you have grandfather rights which means you can still drive up to 7.5 tons despite it not being on your license. So a mate told me anyway. Could you have not swapped yours for an Irish license? I don’t think there’s restrictions in the UK on driving on an Irish license so you could have had the best of both worlds.
I think it's probably an Italian rule - I can only drive a moped and a car according to the license. Driving licenses are based on residency, so it made more sense just to get an Italian one.

jimmyhillsfanclub

It will be their own fault.

For balance, it would also be any eu citizens own fault if they are now being asked to leave the UK.
All they had to do was apply for right to remain....which clearly was a simple and easy procedure as over 5.5 million managed it no problem.... which of course was a big shock to the pro-eu remain pressure group called "the3million".....as it turns out there were at least double the amount of eu citizens in the UK than anyone knew about....

torchomatic

Not as spiteful as the people who fucked up the futures of our children by taking us out of Europe.
Even if they did it would be better than being told how to vote by this man

5049.jpg
Frogged faced c**t.

torchomatic

For balance, it would also be any eu citizens own fault if they are now being asked to leave the UK.
What about the poor sods who were actually BORN in the UK but are still under threat of being chucked out. All so middle aged and elderly racists could "take back control", etc etc. Fuckers. A thousand plagues on everyone who voted to leave.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

All they had to do was apply for right to remain....which clearly was a simple and easy procedure as over 5.5 million managed it no problem.... which of course was a big shock to the pro-eu remain pressure group called "the3million".....as it turns out there were at least double the amount of eu citizens in the UK than anyone knew about....
I like your faith in UK bureaucracy. Do you know what EU Nationals got as proof of right to stay? An email, not an official letter, not a residency card or certificate, an email. Loose that and you personally have no proof of right to stay. It also sounds like you’re too young to remember the Windrush scandal of a few years ago.

Hertsccfc

I like your faith in UK bureaucracy. Do you know what EU Nationals got as proof of right to stay? An email, not an official letter, not a residency card or certificate, an email. Loose that and you personally have no proof of right to stay. It also sounds like you’re too young to remember the Windrush scandal of a few years ago.
Actually what they have us a chip in their passport which can easily be deactivated at any stage. As you say the echoes with Windrush are startling.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We suffer from having idiots in charge who get voted in more and more because of the wrong reasons. We need conviction politicians who say what they are going to do and at least try to do it. We all suffer due to all of them not wanting to change the status quo but we end up getting party favourites parachuted in because the head offices like them rather than their achievements. They all deserve a good smack in the nose at the next election whatever their party, nothing but grifters and charlatan's.
Those wrong reasons are picked because there's a large enough demographic of people will vote for them. So if those politicians are idiots it's only because they're parroting the desires of a particular set of people.

If people didn't willingly believe the bullshit most of the politicians wouldn't campaign on it because they'd get no votes from it.

Users who are viewing this thread