Match Thread Bristol R v Coventry Match Thread - Monday 26th Dec (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Now I can't tell if I'm stupid for not understanding your post, or you are.

The Internet ladies and gentlemen: at least one of us is an idiot.
I think cc4l was going to point out to you that a pregnancy lasts 9 months and not 10 months.

But he didn't do so because of the fear that he had somehow misinterpreted your post and he ended up looking stupid himself.

If someone could confirm my theory then we can all move on with our lives.

covcity4life

I think cc4l was going to point out to you that a pregnancy lasts 9 months and not 10 months.

But he didn't do so because of the fear that he had somehow misinterpreted your post and he ended up looking stupid himself.

If someone could confirm my theory then we can all move on with our lives.

Bang on the money

Nick

Administrator
The march to promotion starts here! A sneaky 2-1 as Slade makes the radical decision to put everyone in their correct positions and play a formation they understand.

giphy.gif

PTA

I've opted for a mix of the best and most experienced line up possible really. Agyei has scored a couple recently so he starts. Jones and G Thomas can make more of an impact off the bench at this stage I think. Also believe Haynes is injured.
Fair call. Jones can defiantly be an impact sub.

Generally Midfield

tbh I'm just looking forward to this being a football match, not a protest event, and seeing what Slade does in terms of selection and formation. It won't take much to beat BR (they've lost four out of last 6 with only 1 win and 1 draw and last game they lost 2-0 to Shrewsbury) so with a bit of renewed confidence and no stupid messing with formation/team I reckon we can do it. Looking forward to a good day out.

torchomatic

The first game with a new manager is always an interesting one. Who he'll pick, who he'll drop, etc etc. Although he won't have seen much of them I presume he'll have watched DVDs and will know already what we need to do and it's pretty easy. Stop conceding and score more goals. I would expect - and hope - that the loans we have are sent back, although I would keep Page.

ccfchoi87

I'd imagine he will pick a similar team to Venus to begin with before he establishes which players he likes. Do we have any idea if he's bringing in any back room staff? If not Venus might have to still be involved

shmmeee

That's what I would go for with the current squad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Like that team, slight niggle is whether it's worth playing McCann as we are building a new system. He'll be gone after a game or two, might be better with a new broom to go straight for the team that will be here (unless we have plans for an ugly fuker in the middle of the park in Jan).

torchomatic

Like that team, slight niggle is whether it's worth playing McCann as we are building a new system. He'll be gone after a game or two, might be better with a new broom to go straight for the team that will be here (unless we have plans for an ugly fuker in the middle of the park in Jan).

I tend to agree. McCann is off anyway. Wouldn't play Wright either as hopefully he's also off.

lifeskyblue

If sterry is fit I would play him rather than DKE assuming we go 442. If we have another rt footed centre half I would even consider moving Willis to rt back. Has rose ever played centre half?
Otherwise I would think fernandopartridge not far off the mark. I would use jones as first sub if we are down at ht. he has the ability to influence a game. If we are up and cruising then lameiries and harries to come on. Bigi to drop a bit deeper.
It's important I believe that slade sees sordell from the start as our centre fed not a winger.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

We need the win so you need to pick your best team and your best players and McCann is definitely one of them.

For me, he plays.

ccfc92

The key question: Will Slade provide the infamous "New Manager Bounce" or will it be a case of "It will take time"?

johnwillomagic

McBean, Ageyi and G.Thomas ahead of Tudguy dear oh dear think Slade will go 4-4-2 and knows football Ageyi may have a chance but think he will sling Tudguy up with Sordell and it will work making fans wonder why it never happened before this season.

Think he will go as follows.

Burge GK
Sterry RB
Page LB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Reid LW
Jones RW
McCann CM
Bigi CM
Sordell ST
Tudguy ST

Subs: RCC, Stokes, Harries, Lameiras, Stevenson, Ageyi, G.Thomas

SkyBlue_Bear83

McBean, Ageyi and G.Thomas ahead of Tudguy dear oh dear think Slade will go 4-4-2 and knows football Ageyi may have a chance but think he will sling Tudguy up with Sordell and it will work making fans wonder why it never happened before this season.

Think he will go as follows.

Burge GK
Sterry RB
Page LB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Reid LW
Jones RW
McCann CM
Bigi CM
Sordell ST
Tudguy ST

Subs: RCC, Stokes, Harries, Lameiras, Stevenson, Ageyi, G.Thomas
Please give up your Tudgay obsession, you're getting worse than drongo going on about Cody Mcdonald

torchomatic

wingy

Going for a 1-0 win. Hoping it stays dry since ive got terrace tickets! Sordell to play up top and show us he can do the biz!
Should be a half decent atmosphere down there for you tomorrow
Players will be be in short sleeve shirts.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Local for me pubs in the Gloucester rd will be busy PUSB SISU OUT!

Cov kid 55

The key question: Will Slade provide the infamous "New Manager Bounce" or will it be a case of "It will take time"?
I just hope that win, draw or lose, we get behind, and stay behind the team and the new manager, take the rough with the smooth and drive the team forward. We will have setbacks, but I think most people agree that this is a pretty good appointment, and after the disappointments of the first half of the season, we can now put all our energies into being positive about what we can achieve. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread