Match Thread Bury v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Feb (1 Viewer)

oucho

Discuss the Bury v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Am I the only one who thinks that the smiley is the wrong emoji for these OP comments in the match threads? Smile is upside down as far as I can see...

It'll be a cold, windy February night game at a small lower league ground in Lancashire when we're bottom. Doubt we will win - remember, other than the run of 4 wins in 6 during the first half of MV's tenure, we have won 1 game in 27 in the league this season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tactics lol
Il be there , we won't win
Draw at very best , won 1 away all season and don't expect that to change by the end of the season
Slade told me he has two sets of tactics, I asked if he could elaborate and he showed me this

tic-tacs.jpg

no_loyalty

Bury's new manager bounce will continue and James Vaughan will have a field day

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I have been watching Sky Blues since late 60's. I only live a long walk or short bus ride away from Gigg Lane. Not sure I will even bother to watch the shambolic shell of a football club SISU have "engineered".

I went to game recently at Oldham which was literally a waste on money with totally rubbish football and awful experience overall. I also went to Man City/Monaco CL game last week. The comparison with our fellow relegation rivals of 2001 is mind blowing/numbing.

SISU OUT , SISU OUT, SISU OUT (repeat to fade).

steve82

Need 6 points from next 2 games, so - he has to pick a side capable of attacking. See they signed Caddis (ex-Blues) yesterday(?) and have Joe Murphy in goal :punch:

Last I heard of him he was at Blackburn trying to get a deal....

Just looked was at Portsmouth last week too.

They recruited heavily in all areas it seems in January. Recce brown, Jermaine pennant, joe Murphy to name a few.

steve82

Team news.... 18 league goals scorer James Vaughan not started there last 2 games but pushing for a recall after a back problem..... they did win there last 2 games without him tho sadly.

Gazolba

Let's at least try something different...

<snip>.
And after the game I expect at least one poster to accuse Slade of 'tinkering with the team too much'.

Wolves_SkyBlue

I have been watching Sky Blues since late 60's. I only live a long walk or short bus ride away from Gigg Lane. Not sure I will even bother to watch the shambolic shell of a football club SISU have "engineered".

I went to game recently at Oldham which was literally a waste on money with totally rubbish football and awful experience overall. I also went to Man City/Monaco CL game last week. The comparison with our fellow relegation rivals of 2001 is mind blowing/numbing.

Wolves_SkyBlue

I was also at the Man City ~ Monaco game, quite amusing hearing the stick that Aguero & Pep got at times from the "die hards" around us as the game progressed. Still it was refreshing seeing players that could pass accurately to a team mate and take their chances. It put Saturday's performance into perspective - we really were awful.

Johnnythespider

Another defeat, can't see anything else. I just want this shitty season to be over

steve82

----------------RCC ----------------
--DKE --Clarke(c)--Rawson---Turnbull -
--G Thomas --Foley---Reilly---Reid---
---------Beavon--K Thomas-----------
Or
352/532......
------------------RCC ------------------
-----Rawson--Clarke(c)--Turnbull-------
--Foley------------------------Haynes---
---G Thomas---Bigirimana---Reilly------
----------Beavon--- K Thomas---------

Bury played 352 a lot in recent weeks so I feel we may change shape to match up like we did well against Fleetwood.
I see no place for Andy Rose tonight, shown nothing recently at all he left huge holes Saturday in the midfield and gave no bite. I'm not 100% sure Willis should start too due to his match fitness/injury. Turnbull was dire Saturday baring these last ditch tackles, Clarke was no better but done more than enough in recent weeks and we need a leader!
The side so badly lacks a midfield general, someone who knows when to hold and press and calm the game.
Kwame Thomas deserves a run alongside Beavon so I'd recall Reid to play on the wing tho.

Pete in Portugal

----------------RCC ----------------
--Willis --Clarke(c)--Rawson---Turnbull -
--G Thomas --Foley---Reilly---Jones---
---------Beavon--K Thomas-----------

Kingokings204

Nothing but a loss tonight and a step nearer the inevitable drop. Really breaks my heart

coop

Nothing but a defeat tonight no confidence in both management and the player's Vaughan and Lowe will be too much for our toothless defence. Hope I'm wrong but a win will just prolong the inevitable.

stevefloyd

Ahh thats w

SISU OUT , SISU OUT, SISU OUT (repeat to fade).[/QUOTE

Ahh thats what a few quid can do for you

steve82

Some fitness updates for the few who ask after Lameries and Bigi

Stuart Beavon made it through Saturday's fixture unscathed, while Jordan Willis is set to travel tomorrow evening...
Sky Blues skipper Jordan Willis is preparing to make the trip to Bury on Tuesday evening, while Ruben Lameiras will also be available.

Russell Slade said: “Jordan trained Friday and Saturday, and he’s trained today. He’ll be travelling with us tomorrow night.

“Stuart Beavon came through Saturday okay, that is something positive.

“Ruben Lameiras comes back in to the 20-man squad, he had concussion last week.

“Bigirimana wasn’t involved because I went for the extra striker, rather than the extra midfielder on Saturday.”

Paul Anthony

Don't see anything other than another loss for this game. We've got nothing in the way of momentum or confidence, and Bury are fighting hard to get away from the danger zone and in good recent form. Add it all up, I don't see anything that says we have any chance of a good result.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Things need freshening up,But Cannot see Slade doing it,442 for me
Charles cook
Evans Harries Turnbull Haynes
G Thomas Gadshev Stevenson or Bigi Jones
Beavon K Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazolba

<snip>

Where on earth are we going to get a goal from?
Well Tudgay is our leading scorer and everyone is recommending dropping him.

torchomatic

The night everything clicks into place. 3-0 win. Easy.

torchomatic

What are the laws on sharing your medication with me? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sorry, made an error in my original post, it's 4-0. I eat that medication like Smarties.

Users who are viewing this thread