Butts park arena? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Perfect location, central, well served by various bus routes, short walk from the station and loads of watering holes nearby but for me i just hope our beloved council give a thumbs up and call this sisu bluff, as said earlier they could of acquired the Ricoh for just over £6million yet seem happy to pay what ? 20/30 million to "own" our own stadium ?

But why is it a "SISU bluff" when it was the Rugby club who released the info and not the football club? Come on, give it a rest, just for once.

skybluegod

It sounds like a good idea to me. Seems like 25k would be the max, but that would mean no inclusion of any extras such as the gym, lounge, retail outlets. So from that would estimate that the capacity would be about 20k, to meet in the middle for both clubs?

rupert_bear

Bluff might be harsh but at the very least a positive response from our council will I think make our owners once and for all show their hand. Just simple maths makes you wonder £100k a year rent the Ricoh as opposed to how many million to build a new ground which may still be owned by a rugby club ! I

Grendel

Lol gets better and better.

Glen

Got to be bigger than 15,000 to start or pointless, we got 17000 this season alone and first season back in champ will average 17000 so has to be 20000 or don't bother.

Shakeitup

I much prefer grounds in or near the city centre (or at least near an area like Chapelfields/Craven Street) than out of town grounds. Makes for a much better atmosphere and a better (football) match day experience.

skybluegod

Fucking planning law doesn't though.

Do you think we live in a banana republic or something?

Tbh I don't understand the logistics of any of it, as tbh I don't get involved in this stuff usually.
But from my point of view a response from somebody 2 years ago, is out of date, and things change. What he said then has no bearing on what the council will do now surely?

So thanks for the nibble, no need to act like a prick :)

Nick

Administrator
Tbh I don't understand the logistics of any of it, as tbh I don't get involved in this stuff usually.
But from my point of you a response from somebody 2 years ago, is out of date, and things change. What he said then has no bearing on what the council will do now surely?

So thanks for the nibble, no need to act like a prick :)

so planning has been granted previously for a big stadium there, but I guess now CCFC are mentioned things might change....

skybluegod

so planning has been granted previously for a big stadium there, but I guess now CCFC are mentioned things might change....

As I said I don't really understand any of this nick, but the story about the Council trying to stop football being played there, just makes me question things i guess?

Nick

Administrator
As I said I don't really understand any of this nick, but the story about the Council trying to stop football being played there, just makes me question things i guess?

Yep, bit shady

We can exclusively reveal today the council wrote to Cov rugby club in January seeking to block the proposal with a legal clause – a restrictive covenant – to prevent professional football being played at a redeveloped Butts Park Arena stadium – so the council could “protect its position”.

skyblueinBaku

The restrictive covenant that CCC reportedly want is sure to trigger a fresh round of court cases. Sisu's lawyers must be rubbing their hands with glee at the anticipation of more work.

Philosorapter

Someone quickly annoy Maton on Twitter and ask him if there is a business case to open up another train station on that line and for the Council to get European money again. Think its in the perfect place.

Ashdown

I have a terrible feeling that the hedge fund is looking for somewhere to bail out to when they launch their court action against CCC/Wasps !? They won't spend any money redeveloping more than to legal requirements. This is another ground move in the offing only somewhat closer ?! They won't be happy until they have completely destroyed the football club and exhausted all legal avenues. The football league should finally show some balls and step in !

Nick

Administrator
The restrictive covenant that CCC reportedly want is sure to trigger a fresh round of court cases. Sisu's lawyers must be rubbing their hands with glee at the anticipation of more work.

they need to be asked why they would want to stop it.

After all, if football can't be played there it would screw Cov Utd too!

Skyblueweeman

Well well well...Mr Reid appears to be Johnny on the Money again, eh?!

If true, then I'd much rather this than have to wait for another 249 years before we had a chance of owning the Ricoh. It's a long, long way off and if it happen, we'd probably need to be at the Ricoh for another 4 years or so meaning they could screw us more for an additional 2 years.

I guess it's unlikely but something to cling on to. At least it's come from a neutral source and it's not a Microsoft Paint number knocked up by some IT graduate on behalf of the club.

Never a dull day with CCFC...

chiefdave

Posted a couple of pics on the old Butts thread cutting other stadiums out from Google Maps and moving them to the Butts site. It could be done, it would be tight but thats what architects are for.

Had a trawl through the old thread and found them

Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 19.05.35.jpg

The Den has a 20,146 capacity.

Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 19.05.35A.jpg

20,520 capacity at the Liberty Stadium.

dongonzalos

Like the idea of it
Apart from the maximum only ever been 25k
What if one day we are owned by people who do have the capability to get us to the premiership?
It would be perfect if their was a way to extend to 30k

SkyBlueZack

Would it be possible to buy the park land? Then maybe relocate it to the Butts retreat site? Would give more room for manouevre.

Users who are viewing this thread