Byng the merciless speaks (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Actually on Saturday we were sitting in our seats waiting for the game to start and this bloke sat next to me and said "that's my season ticket seat you're in". I said something like "no it isn't I've been here since 2005". He chuckled and said, "only joking, it will be tomorrow for Wasps though!". I just smiled and ignored him. Unfortunately, he wouldn't give in so easily. He said "how many do you think are here". I said "Oh, 8 or 9K". He said " they'll double that tomorrow, better atmosphere too". Luckily, the bloke who usually sits next to me turned up, so he bored him for the rest of the game about Wasps.

Seem to be plenty in take genuine joy in bragging about Wasps crowds compared to ours.

Takings of £2.50 per game mind.

lordsummerisle

Actually on Saturday we were sitting in our seats waiting for the game to start and this bloke sat next to me and said "that's my season ticket seat you're in". I said something like "no it isn't I've been here since 2005". He chuckled and said, "only joking, it will be tomorrow for Wasps though!". I just smiled and ignored him. Unfortunately, he wouldn't give in so easily. He said "how many do you think are here". I said "Oh, 8 or 9K". He said " they'll double that tomorrow, better atmosphere too". Luckily, the bloke who usually sits next to me turned up, so he bored him for the rest of the game about Wasps.

I think it would have been legal(may actually be a legal requirement) to have punched him in the face.

torchomatic

Sorely tempted. If you want to talk about the virtues of Wasps and how wonderful they are then talk to someone who cares.

I think it would have been legal(may actually be a legal requirement) to have punched him in the face.

Grendel

Sorely tempted. If you want to talk about the virtues of Wasps and how wonderful they are then talk to someone who cares.

Perhaps he thought you were TheNose - in that case he must be an idiot - assuming TheNose has been to a CcFC game.

torchomatic

I did wonder if it was Italia. However, I suppose there's more than one retired Wasps bore in Coventry. He used the phrase "cov kid" more than was necessary too. "Being a 'Cov Kid', it is great to finally have some top level sport to enjoy", etc etc

Perhaps he thought you were TheNose - in that case he must be an idiot - assuming TheNose has been to a CcFC game.

bigfatronssba

Advocating violence against those with a different opinion.

Brilliant. Is this what we've become?

bigfatronssba

I may be way oiff, but I am pretty sure it isn't actually serious.

What the hell is wrong with some people on here?

I know it wasn't, I'm just playing devils advocate.

It's no different to when it was suggested that we wait for Fisher outside his kids school. That wasn't serious, but people on here were appalled weren't they?

Grendel

Why is this fellow still being talked about? He doesn't even have the comedy value of Jo Dhinsa (and his laid-on breakfast)

He looks like he's eaten a few breakfasts though

Nick

Administrator

It's no different to when it was suggested that we wait for Fisher outside his kids school. That wasn't serious, but people on here were appalled weren't they?

You can sometimes tell how things are worded, the outside the school thing wasn't a joke though was it?

If somebody says "ah you sausage, I have a good mind to slap you across the face" or "I am going to wait outside and break your jaw you little prick"

See how things can be read and judged?

The same as it quite clearly isn't a legal requirement to punch anybody in the face. People can see it isn't and judge it as not serious.

Somebody asking where his kids go to school to go there or posting his house address, isn't quite clearly a joke is it?

SkyBlueScottie

He keeps implying that Wasps haven't actually paid for ACL yet and don't have the funds in place to do so. No idea if there's the slightest bit of truth in that.

He does, he is the 2nd person I know of to express such a view. Of course he and the other person (nothing to do with the club more of a hanger on really) might be spreading a bit of bullshit, which would not surprise me, saying that it also would not really surprise me if it actually was true.

italiahorse

I did wonder if it was Italia. However, I suppose there's more than one retired Wasps bore in Coventry. He used the phrase "cov kid" more than was necessary too. "Being a 'Cov Kid', it is great to finally have some top level sport to enjoy", etc etc

I'm a retired CCFC bore (Season Ticket holder). Just wish I had something to bore on about at the Wasps games. (Other than saying we should have done what they did)
Wasps is just something else I do to pass my retirement (at 50) along with playing football at the Higgs and now touring the UK in my VW camper (eh Grendel) ?

Nick

Administrator
I'm a retired CCFC bore (Season Ticket holder). Just wish I had something to bore on about at the Wasps games. (Other than saying we should have done what they did)
Wasps is just something else I do to pass my retirement (at 50) along with playing football at the Higgs and now touring the UK in my VW camper (eh Grendel) ?

images

giphy.gif

Grendel

It is - spider Ricoh (nee CJ Parker) meant it as he is a fruit loop.

blueflint

Because it is impossible to have any conversation about CCFC before someone comes along and blames WASPS for stealing the stadium. I heard they also shot JFK, murdered Marilyn Monroe and kidnapped Lord Lucan, but then again that might have been SISU :)

you forgot they stole shergar

Nick

Administrator
you forgot they stole shergar

It is ironic really that people going on about everything being blamed on Wasps (when it quite clearly isn't) seem to be the people who actually do blame everything and anything on SISU?

skybluericoh

Hes too vague ..just seems to be a one man army that likes attention .
Hope he proves me wrong ,doubt it

Ah one man army, that takes me right back to my child hood, don't make guns like that any more:(

Just as well really, i could think of a few people I'd like to run it on.

Sky Blue Kid

It is ironic really that people going on about everything being blamed on Wasps (when it quite clearly isn't) seem to be the people who actually do blame everything and anything on SISU?
Always a sting in the tail with your posts eh Nick? lol.

The Penguin

Perhaps you should have reminded Mr Cov Kid that for thirty-four years, there was top level football to enjoy in Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread