Calling Coventry City Supporters.........action is needed! (1 Viewer)

stringyb92

But would you not agree that to much just talking has been done, I do not believe anyone anymore but if we try and stick together as one voice the very least we can hope for is we stay in Coventry.

I appreciate your generous offer and will take you up on it sometime, the issue with this whole situation is people on this forum, on twitter, facebook, face to face are all basing there arguments on hearsay instead of having hard facts in front of them to look over. Furthermore to this, they only pick out the facts that they want to suit there argument and views

NorthernWisdom

The thing is they would probably do a deal for just that . Iif SISU do not get the stadium they are not going to build anther one. If the Administrator approached them as suggested a deal, why not get money for renting for three years its better than nothing, it's a business and sill not to use it even if its short term.

And three years gives them a cushion to find a new tenant too. ACL have already said they don't need the club to succeed, so that isn't the problem.

Result, club stays in Coventry.

Think we all believe any talk of a stadium will remain just talk, but at least the club would be in Coventry for whenever the bluff was finally over, or somehow a stadium actually happened.

Forget the politics, forget who's right or wrong, ACL should be approaching both administrator and Fisher with this proposition in the form of an open letter to the Telegraph.

NorthernWisdom

But would you not agree that to much just talking has been done, I do not believe anyone anymore but if we try and stick together as one voice the very least we can hope for is we stay in Coventry.

I think we can stick together by talking to each other, and talking to others. Personally I don't believe there has been much talking, just a lot of shouting and 'look at me'

As for sticking together and on a similar theme even in this thread, a far better tone than the other one running. Following on from what you said elsewhere, you and I might not agree on some things here, but I hope that we at least understand each other better.

And that makes it more likely to stick together than a load of random insults. The best strategy of war is to divide and rule after all.

But I always think target energies at particular areas works better. At the moment none of us know much, so there's lots of arguing based on heresay, looking for what we want to see, fear, anger, you name it. The danger is that becomes background noise and then the club gets washed away with a buzzing sound behind it.

Steve.B50

And three years gives them a cushion to find a new tenant too. ACL have already said they don't need the club to succeed, so that isn't the problem.

Result, club stays in Coventry.

Think we all believe any talk of a stadium will remain just talk, but at least the club would be in Coventry for whenever the bluff was finally over, or somehow a stadium actually happened.

Forget the politics, forget who's right or wrong, ACL should be approaching both administrator and Fisher with this proposition in the form of an open letter to the Telegraph.

I know they ave now met with the Administrator (he also did the deal for last three games of season with them)
My only thoughts on your reply is how can ACL talk to Fisher? They do not trust each other and he is not the football club as they are in Admin
It's only my own view but getting rid of Fisher will help SISU as a relationship could be started again, ay be JS herself could call ACL?
Have started a thread on "the deal" to get views?

Voice_of_Reason

I think we can stick together by talking to each other, and talking to others. Personally I don't believe there has been much talking, just a lot of shouting and 'look at me'

Look even at this thread, a far better tone than the other one running. Following on from what you said elsewhere, you and I might not agree on some things here, but I hope that we at least understand each other better.

And that makes it more likely to stick together than a load of random insults. The best strategy of war is to divide and rule after all.

But I always think target energies at particular areas works better. At the moment none of us know much, so there's lots of arguing based on heresay, looking for what we want to see, fear, anger, you name it. The danger is that becomes background noise and then the club gets washed away with a buzzing sound behind it.

"Let's All Sing Together" --- in tune !

NorthernWisdom

My only thoughts on your reply is how can ACL talk to Fisher? They do not trust each other and he is not the football club as they are in Admin

It's why I'm slightly disappointed at the trust's recent statement, as I really thought there was a role for them to be the mediator in that discussion. I don't think that avenue's there now but, what's done is done. Perhaps a call to the football league to mediate in the dispute is worthwhile?

It's only my own view but getting rid of Fisher will help SISU as a relationship could be started again, ay be JS herself could call ACL?

Maybe indeed. I suspect however Fisher is the expendable mouthpiece, who will be sacrificed when the time is right. I think however ACL should get over that though. If it's a game, play the game and talk to him, in a room with neutral parties if need be.

OK, on my way with hard hat:D

North York’s Blue

Hopefully after Wednesdays London supporters group meeting and Thursdays meeting at Ryton we'll have some proper info to make a reasoned judgement on

James Smith

I know they ave now met with the Administrator (he also did the deal for last three games of season with them)
After hearing Uncle Tim on the radio from Saturday I simply can't understand how he manages to keep spouting this carp. The odd thing is I don't understand why he doesn't produce the documents he keeps going on about and did I hear another one mentioned in his propagan......sorry interview? If you've got them why not put them up for peer review? If you're worried about commercial confidentiality then you could just ask ACL/CCC/Charity to waive that or just redact the documents.

James Smith

It's why I'm slightly disappointed at the trust's recent statement, as I really thought there was a role for them to be the mediator in that discussion. I don't think that avenue's there now but, what's done is done. Perhaps a call to the football league to mediate in the dispute is worthwhile?

Maybe indeed. I suspect however Fisher is the expendable mouthpiece, who will be sacrificed when the time is right. I think however ACL should get over that though. If it's a game, play the game and talk to him, in a room with neutral parties if need be.

OK, on my way with hard hat:D
Okay the Summer Solstice is coming up soon can I suggest this as a suitable date. There's bound to be loads of druids around then too who can do it properly, which god are you proposing he is sacrificed to?

wingy

Agreed, although I hope they have invited the local media along for this so we get an actual report, otherwise we're depending on fans reporting impartially.
And TF of course . Trust you to say that . Local Media:p:facepalm: might not be possible as its gonna be the equivilant of a Moony Conversion programme ,some of the Media seem to have already undergone it.:(

simple_simon

We really do need to sick together now regards to Sisus threats of moving us away from Coventry to a new ground.

Its a disgrace, they should not even be making statements of this kind.............but they are and they really do believe we will still be owned by them when all this mess has been sorted out.

We cannot allow this to happen, we need to ALL come together as one and unite against Sisu.

The not one penny more protest must come in to effect from now and we all stand as one, if we dont then I really do think it will be the end of CCFC.

The Sisu parasites need to be exterminated and the only way it will happen is if we ALL stick together and agree to the campaign, it may hurt us in the short term but I as well as a lot of others are convinced it will be beneficial in the long run.

I dont wanna support a Coventry Sphinx, or a Coventry United.............I want to support Coventry City, formed in 1883, the team ive supported all my life...........

Enough is enough, we need to unite and starve sisu out of Coventry, if we dont we will not have a Coventry City Football Club to support within 2 years.

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER NOW AS SUPPORTERS LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

All the best and PUSB!!!

Am with you, when and where?

ajsccfc

XL, it'd be like a tent. If I ever see an M for no more than £50, I'm on it like stink on a monkey.

James Smith

One would assume he doesn't want to prejudice a court case.

It's also why, like it or not, we probably have to go through some court cases to find out what's true and what isn't.
He could possibly avoid court couldn't he by just producing the evidence. ACL/CCC would be shown to be wrong and he'd be vindicated.

wingy

He could possibly avoid court couldn't he by just producing the evidence. ACL/CCC would be shown to be wrong and he'd be vindicated.

He would'nt be able to use it as leverage then would he ,whether genuine or not ,it will either evaporate or be spent further along the line.

He talks of documents to prove this or that and certain members of the media act as though they've seen or been briefed that they exist ,one would assume both sides have adequate documentation of their discussions.

James Smith

He would'nt be able to use it as leverage then would he ,whether genuine or not ,it will either evaporate or be spent further along the line.

He talks of documents to prove this or that and certain members of the media act as though they've seen or been briefed that they exist ,one would assume both sides have adequate documentation of their discussions.

I'd be surprised if he has enough leverage to open a tin of paint, let alone worry ACL. I may be wrong and it's up to Uncle Tim to prove that is the case.

Grendel

I'd be surprised if he has enough leverage to open a tin of paint, let alone worry ACL. I may be wrong and it's up to Uncle Tim to prove that is the case.

Are you really his nephew?

ccfcdan

Xls then are nothing like today. The hummel xl is like a large in new shirts.

Your in luck. I've got the 1988 Hummel shirt in medium. Its in great condition and has the writing above the badge stating F.A Cup winners 1987. I will be putting it on eBay tomorrow. I'm hoping to get around £70-£90 for it.

elephanttears

anyone that does not agree with me on this, im happy to meet for a pint and a chat, discuss eatchothers views and agree to agree/disagree over a non violent chat :)

I will be in the Weddington Social Club in Nuneaton this Thursday (30th) if anybody wants a chat between 9-11pm, I will stand by the bar in a CCFC 1988 home top so I cant be missed if anyone wants a chat! PUSB!

999 "Hello Police"

"(me)A guy has just touched me and exposed himself"

"Can you describe him to me please sir"

"(me) I can do better than that, he is standing at the bar of the Weddington social club in a CCFC 1988 home top!"

;)

letsallsingtogether

Yes but who will want naming rights on a football club that plays in the third division and only has 4000 fans?? £10,000 if your lucky can't even get sponsors for new home shirt

As for playing at the Ricoh Fisher has made it clear in the Telegraph today Not While Sisu are in control.
I paid to have my brick at the Ricoh do not give my consent for them to take it down and put in their cheap
:blue: new stadium
The same as you buy a house rather than rent it.

The same as the Ricoh was built rather than stay at highfield Road.

Firstly, why £30mil? Not only that but there's naming rights/increased revenues etc.

And an asset on the books. That counts for a lot. That actually makes the club more saleable.

You could equally say as the council (Maton? Mutton?) quoted £40mil for their half share of ACL (not much of a lease there either), so why should anybody buy ACL?

letsallsingtogether

I bet you enjoyed it I did :p
999 "Hello Police"

"(me)A guy has just touched me and exposed himself"

"Can you describe him to me please sir"

"(me) I can do better than that, he is standing at the bar of the Weddington social club in a CCFC 1988 home top!"

;)

Flying Fokker

Member Poll Results and Resulting Action

Administrator Must Give Precedence To Bidders who Care About Coventry City FC and Its Supporters

The Sky Blue Trust members voted over the weekend about what stance the Trust should take towards Tim Fisher’s plans for Coventry City. The members voted in large numbers and the response was 99% in favour of the Trust working with every means at its disposal, including peaceful demonstration and other means of legal protest, to ensure that the Administrator and the Football League do not return the “Golden Share” to any SISU controlled company. We are doing this to avoid the scenario of falling crowds, relegation, further administration and possibly liquidation that we feel Tim Fisher’s plan could lead to. The Trust understands there are several alternative bidders available to receive the share and we will be urging that precedence is given to bids that clearly demonstrate that they have the best interests of Coventry City FC and its supporters at their heart.
We would ask members and fans alike to join us outside the Coventry Hilton Hotel on Wednesday May 29th at 9.30am to voice their concerns to CCFC LTD administrator Paul Appleton. Now is the time to stand together and fight for the future of OUR CLUB and this is the 1st action.

On Thursday May 30th we will also be holding a peaceful demonstration outside Ryton Training Ground from 5.30pm to coincide with Tim Fishers fans forums, if you have not received an invite and would like to make your voice heard we would encourage as many supporters as possible to come and join us.

Please be aware we will not be stopping anybody from attending these meetings, infact we would openly encourage fans with invites to attend and listen to what Tim Fisher has to say and form your own opinions, we are simply there to make our voices and opinions known.

We must stress that this is to be a peaceful demonstration. The Sky Blue Trust does not condone violence or anti-social behavior.

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, click here to send an email and be removed from our mailing list.</a>

cloughie

After hearing Uncle Tim on the radio from Saturday I simply can't understand how he manages to keep spouting this carp. The odd thing is I don't understand why he doesn't produce the documents he keeps going on about and did I hear another one mentioned in his propagan......sorry interview? If you've got them why not put them up for peer review? If you're worried about commercial confidentiality then you could just ask ACL/CCC/Charity to waive that or just redact the documents.

If I remember correctly timmmy boy said the document was signed by both sides then ACL renaged on it ...............

Hmmm seems to me once you have signed thats it the deal is done no going back

or was timmy fibbing

Last edited:
But he wont see it like that.he thinks he'll be the saviour of the club.he thinks the fans will be behind him on it.hell surround himself with these hand picked sisu fans at these forums and try to convince them his plan is the only option. he's in for a big shock.

What's to stop SISU only sending invites for those who responded "Yes" to their survey. :(:facepalm:

quinn1971

What's to stop SISU only sending invites for those who responded "Yes" to their survey. :(:facepalm:

That's what I said. He'll surround himself with these hand picked sisu fans who agree with him.Its the ones who will be outside that will give him the shock

Last edited:

lifelongcityfan

Myself and my daughter will definitely be there on Thursday. what time does the forum actually start and what time are people planning to get there.
Totally agree about leaving it to others- if you care BE THERE

Users who are viewing this thread