Cardiff Match Thread (3 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Very impressed with Haynes... Could be useful as a left winger for crossing

ccfcway

poor, they were there for the taking tonight and we rolled over and had our tummy tickled before they even touched the ball

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How appropriate that after that crap, the first advert on Sky us beleaguered City fans see if one for erectile dysfunction.

These crafty marketeers know their demographic.....

covcity4life

Really worrying how hard we found it to go direct in stoppage time. No plan b?

Good goal but poor performance
Improvement needed!

Covstar

Swanson and O'Brein better 2nd half. Haynes is considerably better than Pugh. Jordan Clarke's passing is atrocious and Aaron finch should not be playing 1st team football this season. Mcqouid tried hard but just looks like another version of Elliot. Miller's composure is atrocious but the goal itself was nicely taken.

All in all we are in for a long hard season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Decent second half, we had some spells where we knocked it around well but ultimately lacked a cutting edge. We have some good ball players but have a serious lack of pace and power in midfield and attack which need to be addressed.

Pugh and Clarke never got forward from wing back, Haynes did more than both of them combined in his 35 minutes.

larry_david

Awful. Just awful. The fact that from 70 mins onwards we started playing just makes it worse. Honestly we really could have snuck that if we'd shown even the smallest amount of passion/desire/attacking intent. Don't think Jordan Clarke touched the ball in that right wing back role and i'm sorry but as much as I want to like him, what does Billy Daniels offer us?

Kingokings204

What about 4-4-2 and Haynes behind Pugh? Would be a good left side then.

That was bloody awful. Sorry I'm glad it's over. Am I bothered we lost? Not really.

We live in a world when it's real. If you play infront of 1500 fans and move home and sell all your best players and have the club run by idiots and bring in cheap loans etc then you will lose games.

It's really simple actually. When I've just summed it up it's obvious and I can live with that. I accept losing knowing we were shit. If you play like wank then you will lose. Easy really.

To me the club is dead. Highlighted tonight. I've never been sixfields but it proved to me the club is dead. Not many will go mk for sure. Forget 7000.

Dave jones can't stop pissinf himself. Can't say I blame him

SkyBlue_Bear83

What about 4-4-2 and Haynes behind Pugh? Would be a good left side then.

I've thought that, Haynes looks a prospect. I think Pugh might be getting past it but has a quality cross on him, from wing back he didn't ever get forward enough to get into good crossing positions.

Evans1883

I fear pressley will do a thorn and stick with a formation that simply doesnt work , we need to go 442 obrien right side , swanson left with fleck and thomas central , but we need q good CM As thomas otfers us nothing , miller and tudgay upfront

Marty

Pressley:- A lot of positives to take from tonight......??

ccfcway

Pressley

"started the game with not the belief we should have"
"much better in 2nd half, felt we should have been level"
"teriffic reaction, a lot of positives and we should take a great deal of confidence"
"a lot of real good performaces from our young players"
"swanson, o'brien, john fleck were teriffic"
"hope we can learn and grow from that and believe we can be a good side"

coop

Are well a long season ahead at least I've got the sun, beach and beer to look forward to for another week.

skybluepm2

Here he is, chatting shit again. Positives? You are either deluded as fuck or a lying bastard Pressley. Admit we were shit! 'Terrific' 'lot of positives' with that formation and that group of players we are staring into the barrel of league 2. No sugar coating it, that's where we are headed..fast! Finch? Burge? Jordan Clarke? Billy Daniels? Sorry, not anywhere near a good enough standard for league 1.

larry_david

Pfft. Sorry but that was possibly the worst first half I think i've ever witnessed and i've been to Farsley Celtic vs Cambridge in torrential rain

Kingokings204

I'm really sorry in advance but if you are one of the 993 who went tonight. Congratulations you are helping killing our club. I don't care about what they say about supporting the lads etc. They are part of the problem with getting back to the Ricoh. They don't see it. They still blame the council and like the cheap tickets.

Tonight is the first time I wish we had folded instead of sisu Otium saving us. Pride comes before the fall and I would rather not my team that see us humiliated in front of an empty stadia.

fernandopartridge

It's fairly irrelevant what he says in an interview. He's softened what everybody else has said. Shit first half. Better second. Some good performances from young players.

larry_david

Here he is, chatting shit again. Positives? You are either deluded as fuck or a lying bastard Pressley. Admit we were shit! 'Terrific' 'lot of positives' with that formation and that group of players we are staring into the barrel of league 2. No sugar coating it, that's where we are headed..fast! Finch? Burge? Jordan Clarke? Billy Daniels? Sorry, not anywhere near a good enough standard for league 1.

I thought Burge looked decent actually

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Pressley

"teriffic reaction, a lot of positives and we should take a great deal of confidence"

I can only conclude he's been to the Mark Labovitch seminar on truthful pragmatism....

stupot07

Pressley

I thought fleck was pretty poor tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread