Carlisle Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

About time we kept a clean sheet, hopefully 3-0, Clarke to get a brace.

I think it'll be 3-1, leaky defence leaking another goal :mad:

Paxman II

Coventry are one of the top gola scorers in the league against the worse defence in the league so guess its a win then? ;)

Otis

Would have to think we will get something from this game.

We should win, but I wouldn't be too disheartened if it was a draw ..... other than we have won 6 in a row away and it would be a shame if we failed to make it 7.

Would have to think we will get something from this game.

We should win, but I wouldn't be too disheartened if it was a draw ..... other than we have won 6 in a row away and it would be a shame if we failed to make it 7.

My exact thoughts on this one. Whilst Carlisle have been on a bad run this could be a very tight game. A win would put us in a very promising league position though so lets hope. PUSB

bamalamafizzfazz

Froom BBC football feed.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE PREVIEW
There are a couple of games in League One today as Carlisle host Coventry and Walsall travel to Preston (both at 1500 GMT).
Carlisle have lost their last two games, but both of those were away and they will take heart from their recent form at Brunton Park - they have seen off both Bury and Hartlepool in recent games, scoring five goals and conceding just one.

Meanwhile, Preston boss Graham Westley will be wanting a response from his side following their exit from the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Thursday, but that will easier said than done against a Walsall side that has lost just one of their previous five games.

We are relevant in both of these little anecdotes as in the first our away form is incredible and the second we knocked out Preston.
Damn Leicester supporting BBC can't even pay us a bit of credit.

shy_tall_knight

A midfield 5 of moose, sheffers, baker, fleck and jennings is highly effective when we have the ball but not so when they have it, we seem very lightweight in the tackle and slow to get back. Fleck does not deserve a start, people keep talking of his potential but surely he has to deliver at some point, has a nice touch and good vision but seems too slow to ever impact on a game. Jennings has impressed a lot of fans in his defensive midfielder role but IMO he seems to get to the breakdown but rarely wins the loose ball. Connor & Bailey are better options when fully fit.

I hope fleck or moose take the wide left position and allow sheffers a free role as wide left he is less effective.

bamalamafizzfazz

A midfield 5 of moose, sheffers, baker, fleck and jennings is highly effective when we have the ball but not so when they have it, we seem very lightweight in the tackle and slow to get back. Fleck does not deserve a start, people keep talking of his potential but surely he has to deliver at some point, has a nice touch and good vision but seems too slow to ever impact on a game. Jennings has impressed a lot of fans in his defensive midfielder role but IMO he seems to get to the breakdown but rarely wins the loose ball. Connor & Bailey are better options when fully fit.

I hope fleck or moose take the wide left position and allow sheffers a free role as wide left he is less effective.

Not to pick at one point made as most of it I agree with you but what has Thomas shown us that is any better than Fleck? I have been impressed with Fleck in the deeper role and also had a good go at getting back. Thomas may only be coming back into match fitness but so is Fleck. I agree that it is now or never for him but he hasn't run out of chances just yet. When he does maybe Thomas will step in but right now we should still be looking to Fleck.
Just my opinion.

wingy

When i think of the home tie and how they"Played us and the Ref",they really did mug us like a few physical very organised teams have as recently as Portsmouth ,Scunny and the Shrews,I'm praying we finally learn the lesson and win the battle before we play our football.

Happy_Martian

Seems we like coming back from behind now...... 1-0 after 90 secs ?

Users who are viewing this thread