CCFC Holdings - voluntary liquidation problem? (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just an update

According to the Company House website the Registrar has received an objection to the liquidation and has suspended the process. No other details.

Could be that HMRC are objecting to the liquidation ( not unusual) but that is just a guess on my part. It was said that all creditors had been paid and CCFC H was just a shell. Would be interesting to know who objected and on what grounds. Doesn't mean process wont restart.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It means that as it stands the process for striking off CCFC H (the original CCFC company) has been suspended/stopped for the time being KoK - but no real idea why

How does it relate to that Simon? The Charity were suing SISU not CCFC H so would I assume not be affected by CCFCH being struck off. If it does relate to that dispute does that imply that SISU or a related person/party have issued an objection because unless they did a large part of the counter claim would be struck out? Any more details you can give?

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

What about the money for Alan Higgs Centre maintenance, did that get paid up as part of making new academy deal?

Kingokings204

It means that as it stands the process for striking off CCFC H (the original CCFC company) has been suspended/stopped for the time being KoK - but no real idea why

How does it relate to that Simon? The Charity were suing SISU not CCFC H so would I assume not be affected by CCFCH being struck off. If it does relate to that dispute does that imply that SISU or a related person/party have issued an objection because unless they did a large part of the counter claim would be struck out?

Interesting, Thanks

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What about the money for Alan Higgs Centre maintenance, did that get paid up as part of making new academy deal?

as I understand it that had to be paid up before the AHCT would even talk to Otium about the academy coming back

wes_cov

Would this inturn mean CCFC H would be required to submit the required accounts for YE 2013?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
would depend on the reasons for suspension etc and whether the process is restarted but it could. I wouldn't bet on it however

TheRoyalScam

OSB58 - Is there a chance the objection could have anything to do with *alleged* asset stripping?

magic82ball

How does it relate to that Simon? The Charity were suing SISU not CCFC H so would I assume not be affected by CCFCH being struck off. If it does relate to that dispute does that imply that SISU or a related person/party have issued an objection because unless they did a large part of the counter claim would be struck out? Any more details you can give?

Very unfortunate abbreviation...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
only if you are dyslexic magic :laugh:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
OSB58 - Is there a chance the objection could have anything to do with *alleged* asset stripping?

have no idea ....... my best bet would be HMRC but Simon seems to think it is to do with the Higgs Charity vs SISU case. Cant see why or what grounds the Charity or AHCT or ACL would object though so very much doubt they have

shmmeee

have no idea ....... my best bet would be HMRC but Simon seems to think it is to do with the Higgs Charity vs SISU case. Cant see why or what grounds the Charity or AHCT or ACL would object though so very much doubt they have

Might any contracts or agreements with "the club" actually be with Holdings rather than Sisu?

Would Holdings being wound up mean that Higgs couldn't chase money owed?

Just hazarding a guess.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They could have done this before, the vote and notices to wind up were weeks ago, so I really don't think it is the Charity or ACL objecting.

So who has issued the counter claim SISU or Otium or CCFC H or some mixture of all? If the claim was for say TF's time as director of CCFC H then if CCFC H no more would the claim be still valid? If the claim is made by SISU then they need to be able to prove cost/expense I assume and that means CCFC H charging SISU for say TF's time etc, no CCFC H no charge?

The purpose of a lot of the legal claims is not necessarily to win but to apply great pressure

To be honest all guess work

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Is now the liquidator not administrator but no report filed since 8th October 2013. So nothing new other than he disclaimed use of the Ricoh lease and licence 14th January 2014 ie he doesn't want to retain it for his purposes as liquidator - effectively broken it and no longer exists

skybluetony176

OSB could it be something as simple as someone forgot to cross some T's and dot some I's or is there more to this? If this is a big spanner in the works for SISU in your opinion what's likely to happen next? Will they have to file up to date accounts for holdings as a worse case scenario?

duffer

To find something you have to be looking. Assuming that you are talking about the administrator why should he start looking now? He doesn't have a good track record in this respect.

Very good point. And you'd think that if he had found something it would be the Ltd liquidation that would have been paused.

Still, you never know. Maybe there's something left in this yet.

Astute

Is it Appleton doing the liquidation?

If not there could be things found that are not right. After all how long did it take Appleton to find where the golden share was. He missed players registered to the wrong section of the club. Who knows what else he missed.

shmmeee

So, can anyone lodge an objection or does it have to be a related party like a debtor?

If it's anyone we should've thought about this ages ago.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

If not there could be things found that are not right. After all how long did it take Appleton to find where the golden share was. He missed players registered to the wrong section of the club. Who knows what else he missed.

Disagree on a few things Astute but am with you on this one....

Samo

He didn't 'miss' anything. He found what he was meant to find and nothing more.

Grendel

That's a serious accusation - I hope you have some evidence.

Astute

That's a serious accusation - I hope you have some evidence.

Which part is wrong? You are supposed to have a good memory.

And Samo, how do you know he never missed anything? How do you know that nothing was hidden from him by anyone? And what do you mean by he only found what he needed to?

lapsed_skyblue

I would imagine that an administrator who gains a reputation of believing in what is put in front of him and displays a distinct lack of curiosity in potential inconsistencies or anomalies could be much in demand and make a more than decent living.
Incidentally, this is merely an observation not a comment regarding any specific person or particular administration activity.

Samo

Which part is wrong? You are supposed to have a good memory.

And Samo, how do you know he never missed anything? How do you know that nothing was hidden from him by anyone? And what do you mean by he only found what he needed to?

Astute, I would not wish to end up with a solicitors letter so I will be careful with my wording. Some may look harder than others depending on their motivation and allegiance. Does that describe my meaning?

@richh87

Astute, I would not wish to end up with a solicitors letter so I will be careful with my wording. Some may look harder than others depending on their motivation and allegiance. Does that describe my meaning?

That makes sense Samo.

*Allegedly* things like players contracts being registered to the wrong company were conveniently overlooked *alledgedly*, and evidence that was leaked on the internet, such as meeting notes never came to anything.

Odd...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Astute

Normally I would fully agree with you on this point.

But not this time. Everything that I put was out in the open. Even Timothy had to admit that players were registered not in accordance to where it was said they were. Thanks Shmmee for saving me the trouble of finding the article :) Appleton took longer than expected to finalise his findings IMO and still got it wrong. I was one of those that wanted the CVA rejected so we could have someone have a proper look that wasn't appointed by SISU. I know it cost us 10 points, but there should have least been an inquiry. Could you imagine SISU not doing multiple appeals if it had happened against them? I am not saying what he did was illegal, but mistakes were made. And this was my other point when I said something else could have been found that was wrong. Anybody can make mistakes.

I would have been happy to have received a solicitors letter for my post. I would have hired the best solicitor money could buy. The odds are it wouldn't have cost me a penny......and we all know how much media attention we get when they threaten our fans with litigation. My step dad is also a very wealthy person who believes in fighting for what is right and I know he would put the money forward for me. Two of his best mates are his solicitor and his accountant :D

The only reason I wouldn't have been happy with litigation is that it needs to stop. If SISU are going to be with us for years to come they need to build goodwill between us fans and themselves. It is the only way of taking our club forward. We all want a successful club. They need a successful club to make money. It would also make our club worth buying for the right person. And whilst all this crap is going on our club will stay in limbo. We could be stuck in Division 3 for years without the income our owners should have. I just hope this JR don't go on for years and we get stuck in Northampton. The only person that should be happy with it should be the Northampton chairman.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
As far as I am aware there is no liquidator been appointed to CCFC H - none listed at Company House anyway, so no reason to think Mr Appleton is involved in striking CCFC H off.

Is there something more to this? depends who has objected I would have thought. There are apparently no creditors as they have been paid off so unlikely most creditors would, HMRC might object if they have questions to ask, very likely that there would be legal intricacies going on that we are not aware of, it could be SISU now need to keep CCFCH in order to apply pressure to the Charity and to suspend the process buys time, all just guesses I am afraid

Could we as fans have objected? we would have needed to be creditor of CCFC H or establish a claim first, would that have been possible all most certainly not.

Sub

oldskyblue58; Could we as fans have objected? we would have needed to be creditor of CCFC H or establish a claim first said:
i think all fans are creditors, the amount of money and time we have investeded in this club and got feck all back but dissapointment and pain! :D

Users who are viewing this thread