"Certain players will be banished from this football club" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...s/live-coventry-city-press-conference-8087146

"Players were told exactly as it is at this football club. Players are letting me down and I will not defend them. It was done in a team environment and they were told this loud and clear. The desire and passion has to come from within - they must mirror myself as a football manager."

"I'm so angry about the whole situation. I haven't slept probably and I am so angry at my players. My concern that we show that passion, that work ethic I expect from my teams, there is no excuse."

"We had a team meeting. Certain players will be banished from this football club, players have let me down. I'm not happy with them at all and certain players are letting this club down."

"Make no mistake I will not stand for that type of performance at the weekend, we do everything to make them the best they can me.

"Certain players will be gone from this football club."

Astute

Been reading it. Part from JOB where he says what happened contradicts what a few have said on here.

skybluesam66

so who do we think they are

I would start with

Barton - 2nd chance messed up
Tudgay - got his contract and then didnt show up

any others (i think burge needs to be careful - and Martin also may have his loan curtailed if not careful)

Otis

I would start with

any others (i think burge needs to be careful - and Martin also may have his loan curtailed if not careful)

Yep, those 2 for sure. Their attitudes on Sunday were nothing less than a disgrace.

covcity4life

probably nouble because sisu dont want him............

i hope he keeps nouble though!

but yeh going full ass psycho might help get more from the team

well done SP

Terry Gibson's perm

Most of the loan players, Jordan Clarke,Tudgay and anybody who can't get into the side should be careful as how bad must they be!

Otis

Anyone else having trouble reading that?

I've scrolled down to the start of the interview piece and every time I try to scroll up slightly it just takes me to the end of the interview.

rupert_bear

That's fine and wouldn't argue with what SP has said, BUT, how will they be replaced and who by ? The problem as I see it is there are too many short term players we are relying on either loans until January or short term contracts, won't get loyalty that way

Hcut PUSB

I would start with

I was at Orient the other week when I commented rather loudly about Barton after he ran half way around the pitch with the ball didn't pass it then gave the ball away.
I was told by a fellow fan that in his opinion Barton was one of the best players we had, LOL you decide but I agree he and Tudgay should go. Very disappointed with the pair of them.

chiefdave

Burge could be on thin ice and if the rumours about Nouble being unhappy about having to play and be cup tied are true he could be another one on the list.

The problem is SP can make statements like that but we're very short on players in the squad who can come in and we don't have the resources to go out and get replacements in January. The players probably know this and know they can just go on autopilot and not put any effort in.

RoboCCFC90

Players that will be gone:

- Barton
- Clarke
- Tudgay

I felt sorry for Nouble Sunday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcmustang

Before nouble was substituted he was lethargic and didn't do anything of any note. To be honest it did look like he wasn't interested

Otis

No problem on firefox. Pretty brief and crap pre match press conference though.

The problem is with the webpage itself. It scrolls down chronlogically, but then starts back at the beginning at the end of the interview.

Otis

Before nouble was substituted he was lethargic and didn't do anything of any note. To be honest it did look like he wasn't interested

But then that is weird because he seemed really angry at being taken off and didn't want to budge at all when his number came up.

RoboCCFC90

To be fair that could be said for all the players on Sunday! That said when Nouble had the ball at his feet he used it well, but had no service, he is not a Simeon Jackson who will run the channels, don't know what some expect from Nouble..

ajsccfc

It's a shame to hear that about Nouble, particularly after his efforts in the Peterborough game.

letsallsingtogether

Players that will be gone:

- Barton
- Clarke
- Tudgay

I felt sorry for Nouble Sunday..

Felt sorry for Nouble ????

He didn't do anything deserved to be substituted.
didn't run for anything wants at his feet every time, needs to realise it is L1 not the Prem have to work to get the ball!!!!

rupert_bear

Barton was signed for a fee which I believe was a £100,000. Trouble with him now is he knows and was told last summer he was surplus to requirements, now he is playing fairly regular because we have to play him there's nobody else. As said earlier it is okay Pressley saying he is banishing players from the club, but how are they to be replaced, that question needs to be asked to Steve Waggott.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Reice Charles-Cook being brought back from Nuneaton too, has performed well there according to reports.

As I've said many times I wanted Pressley gone purely for football reasons, however it looks like he's lost respect from some of the players and if the Jordan Clarke comments are to be believed, perhaps the dressing room.

Worrying times for Pressley and he needs a result on Wednesday and versus Notts County on Saturday

RoboCCFC90

Felt sorry for Nouble ????

He didn't do anything deserved to be substituted.
didn't run for anything wants at his feet every time, needs to realise it is L1 not the Prem have to work to get the ball!!!!

100%..

I just said above, Nouble isn't the type of player who will run the channels, why do we expect that? Yes Nouble likes to drop deep and receive the ball and when he had the ball at his feet he at least kept it or gave it to a team mate which is all you could hope for!

It still baffles me why Nouble was substituted? We were going 1-0 down, why take off one of our best players and move an experienced youngster up front, giving us no outlet? It was a terrible decision and at that moment, the point I knew we wouldn't win the tie!

torchomatic

BArton shouldn't be blamed. He wasn't worse than anyone else on Sunday and has played well since he came back.

LJC_CCFC

Bit of a mixed bag of opinions on Barton, but I thought Finch was worse on Sunday. Literally like watch Conor Thomas without the 5-10 yard pass.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
really not certain that is the best approach coming out with its all the players fault in public and certain ones in particular. Yes absolutely things needed to be sorted out because there is clearly a break down between manager/coaches and the team. But keep it in house. I understand SP is very honest and forthright in his views but he has just flipped a coin and gambled on a positive reaction..... it doesn't follow he will get one and we don't have a big enough squad with sufficient ability to be carrying make weights, but some of those make weights may have to play.

I think there has to be some self analysis done by SP. What he has tried to do this season has not worked, the players are not the ones setting up the team or governing training. we have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 6 in the last 10 games. That isn't because of one or two misfit lazy players that is a poor record for a team with apparently a decent L1 budget being spent by SP. Sunday's sort of result has been coming all season, the general level of play has been poor not just from one or two players but pretty much all of them. This is now after nearly 2 years his team/squad. Certainly get angry if necessary but be angry with yourself too. A big part of what has gone on is down to him, his man management, his communication skills and choice of system/tactics

Clearly the message is not getting through, players are not comfortable on the ball and often played in what seems to be the wrong positions, confidence is getting lower by the day and he has heaped more pressure on the team. Yes they have let him down more importantly they have all let the fans down. There are a lot of loans in our team and to be honest you can see a number of them going "so what I am leaving soon" some will not be missed but they will need to be replaced. I wonder if any of the players were allowed to respond

Better the angry comments were kept in house I think but its his choice, his squad and his job so up to him

rupert_bear

Reice Charles-Cook being brought back from Nuneaton too, has performed well there according to reports.

Worrying times for Pressley and he needs a result on Wednesday and versus Notts County on Saturday
It certainly is worrying for Pressley. How is he going to get the best and full commitment from all the players after saying quiet publically what he said. Players are very powerful in todays game and can and do make life very difficult for managers. How many times have we seen managers sacked a new guy come in and the same group of players start winning and playing well?

Users who are viewing this thread