"Certain players will be banished from this football club" (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's absolutely furious

So what players do we think he is on about other than probably Barton?

Kingokings204

Fucking hell. Just watched the video of this mornings press conference and its well worth a watch. He looks furious but genuinely furious which is great to see. He has sugar coated it too many times and he did admit that. We have been turned over too many times by oldham 4-1 disgraceful result and 2-1 Worcester. Crewe bottom of the league. scunthorpe and rochdale promotion teams. Losing many battles on the pitch. It is not acceptable and can't happen anymore. It isn't happening through lack of quality as such although oue quality isn't great bt no one can tell me we lost all them games because they are better than us. We lost them because we wanted to lose them. Losers on the pitch and losers off it. Does Tudgay really want to be here? Mcquiod has basically said he doesn't want to be here. Calibaly? Nouble? He is on 18k at Ipswich a week he doesn't care about ccfc.

Needs to change starting tomorrow and I believe him when he says certain players won't play for us again.

gspotgaz

He honestly looks like he's going to burst out crying in that press conference saying he can't sleep at night.

Hopefully this is a turning point of sorts. Surely he's referring to the likes of tudgay, Jackson, Barton etc

SkyBlueScottie

I have a nagging feeling that all is not well between him and Johnson and that may be down to the fact he is going across the world to play in a friendly, where as Jackson turned down the opportunity to do the same for Canada. I also believe this was part of the reasoning as to why Jackson was left on the pitch on Sunday after the Burge sending off.

As for the other players, I would imagine Barton is one, as for any others, who knows...

Ashdown

really not certain that is the best approach coming out with its all the players fault in public and certain ones in particular. Yes absolutely things needed to be sorted out because there is clearly a break down between manager/coaches and the team. But keep it in house. I understand SP is very honest and forthright in his views but he has just flipped a coin and gambled on a positive reaction..... it doesn't follow he will get one and we don't have a big enough squad with sufficient ability to be carrying make weights, but some of those make weights may have to play.

I think there has to be some self analysis done by SP. What he has tried to do this season has not worked, the players are not the ones setting up the team or governing training. we have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 6 in the last 10 games. That isn't because of one or two misfit lazy players that is a poor record for a team with apparently a decent L1 budget being spent by SP. Sunday's sort of result has been coming all season, the general level of play has been poor not just from one or two players but pretty much all of them. This is now after nearly 2 years his team/squad. Certainly get angry if necessary but be angry with yourself too. A big part of what has gone on is down to him, his man management, his communication skills and choice of system/tactics

Clearly the message is not getting through, players are not comfortable on the ball and often played in what seems to be the wrong positions, confidence is getting lower by the day and he has heaped more pressure on the team. Yes they have let him down more importantly they have all let the fans down. There are a lot of loans in our team and to be honest you can see a number of them going "so what I am leaving soon" some will not be missed but they will need to be replaced. I wonder if any of the players were allowed to respond

Better the angry comments were kept in house I think but its his choice, his squad and his job so up to him

It's media madness once again though. He's damned if he does show some fury and emotion after a performance like that and damned if he don't. For me there was one player who was stand out as culpable for that demise and that was the prick who needlessly got himself sent off and gave away a penalty at the same time. For me he can leave the club pronto and don't look back. He's obviously a liability and a poor keeper anyway.

Sterling Archer

Have I missed something here, is there a story to do with Nouble besides looking unhappy getting subbed when Burge got sent off?

Skyblueweeman

Good stuff from Pressley. Asserting his authority and putting the entire squad on notice, without singling anyone out. These are, after all, L1 players. If they get ejected by a struggling team in football's third tier, there's no certainty of them landing on their feet. As bad as CCFC may seem, playing at the Ricoh on decent wages is preferable to most of their other likely available options.

Best post on this thread by a mile C.Mustard. What's almost as frustrating as Sundays shambles is that previously people on here have castigated the man for being too soft and defending the indefensible and when he comes out and absolute smashes his players, he's still getting called out for it??

It is a risky decision and I hope that we see a reaction not only tomorrow night but going forward as well.

I don't subscribe to this 'he should've kept it behind closed doors'. It depends on the manager...some do, some don't...no biggy.

I'm bloody delighted that he looked like he was going to eat that journo. He needs to ensure that his passion is shown through his team. If not, damn right...get rid of anyone who doesn't want to put in a shift in a Sky Blue shirt.

WM

rupert_bear

But Steven Pressley cannot escape the fact that almost all these players are HIS, brought in by him to play his way. If any of these players have been foisted on him by others he must have the guts to say so but if they are 100% his he has to look at his position as he has failed miserably.

spider_ricoh

An interview where he didn't mention how well we pressed and 'applied ourselves'?

At least he didn't tell them it was outstanding

Pressley going down swinging. About time. Could be too late though.

Good to see him not fronting up for unacceptable performances.

Given that he has previously bemoaned the presence of too many loan players, and on the basis of Tim's comments about how our squad is already on the expensive side for L1, I guess that any replacements for "the banished" will be coming from the academy!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I can not help but think that this is all part of the downward spiral we are in and no one at CCFC is actually has a clue as to how we get out of it other than cross fingers and hope.

covmark

I can not help but think that this is all part of the downward spiral we are in and no one at CCFC is actually has a clue as to how we get out of it other than cross fingers and hope.

I've been crossing my fingers and hoping with regards to ccfc for years. I can tell them that it certainly doesn't work :(

Chipfat

Last roll of the dice for SP to get a reaction,, he has been calm, positive and now has shown his anger.. We don't have a good squad, we lack quality in depth, ability to make the correct decisions on the pitch and more worryingly show a lack spirit or togetherness within the group. Also it's fine saying banished from the club but lets face it not many would be running to sign for the club in its current state.. And what do you replace with, Loans who don't care what is the long term future of the club is, only the pay they are picking up from the parent club..

SP is in trouble, as is the club, but to be fair to SP he doesn't want loans, he doesn't want to rely on our youth team every week to compete and he didn't want to lose Wilson or Clarke.. I still think he is on safe ground and is playing the Sisu tune, but what side walk out on Wednesday night might be very interesting in the long view on what is going to happen...

Last edited:

Otis

Last roll of the dice for SP to get a reaction,, he has been calm, positive and now has shown his anger.. We don't have a good squad, we lack quality in depth, ability to make the correct decisions on the pitch, or have spirit or togetherness within the group. Also it's fine saying banished from the club but lets face it not many would be running to sign for the club in its current state.. And what do you replace with, Loans who don't care what is the long term future of the club is, only the pay they are picking up from the parent club..

SP is in trouble, as is the club, but to be fair to SP he doesn't want loans, he doesn't want to rely on our youth team every week to compete and he didn't want to lose Wilson or Clarke.. I still think he is on safe ground and is playing the Sisu tune, but what side walk out on Wednesday night might be very interesting in the long view on what is going to happen...

Some would say we have a strong squad.

I'm with you though and feel the squad is not strong at all and lacks some vital components to make us a force in this league. We need more physicality, another striker, as I am convnced that Jackson, Miller, Tudgay and McQuoid are incapable of being a 20 goal a season player for us and we also desperately need an experienced keeper and a midfield general.

It's not far off a whole spine missing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Some would say we have a strong squad.

I'm with you though and feel the squad is not strong at all and lacks some vital components to make us a force in this league. We need more physicality, another striker, as I am convnced that Jackson, Miller, Tudgay and McQuoid are incapable of being a 20 goal a season player for us and we also desperately need an experienced keeper and a midfield general.

It's not far off a whole spine missing.

Pugh, Swanson, Tudgay, Jackson, Miller have all been waste of signings. I'll leave the Bournemouth lads out cause I'm not sure how much input he had on that.

We've got 6 strikers and not a decent central midfielder or goalkeeper to be seen. Poor recruitment again.

Supposedly recruited for a 4-4-2 but then changed his mind mid preseason to 5-3-2 meaning as a consequence we now don't have the required personal to play either.

Missed out on good players like Petrasso because we weren't playing with wingers.

Its a concern that the team Captain decides he would rather ship himself of to Morocco than be there to help galvanise the team he is meant to be leading. Reda could well be a part of the problem

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Tudgay needs to go and use the wages on someone who is not past it.
Nouble would obviously be upset coming off but never looked interested sunday before that, but needs to stay
Barton was a fairy and our middle looked extremely poor with him and Finch.
Finch needs to go back to u21 football and grab a loan elsewhere to develop not ready
Burge can fuck off nowhere near league one goalkeeper.

SP made the wrong change sunday - should of took Finch off who is sideways sammy the second, put jackson out wide, JOB in the centre and left Nouble up top, because as soon as Nouble went off , we had to go long to Jackson.

An interview where he didn't mention how well we pressed and 'applied ourselves'?

Have seen full video on CCFC website - SP is one angry puppy.

Main SP point is the effort put in by himself and staffs re training, preparation, analysis etc not reciprocated by some of the future "Bomb Squad" candidates.

He is "sick and tired" of defending certain players and they will be gone as soon as possible.

SkyBlueScottie

I think I have put it in another thread but I can see a reason as to why Jackson stayed on, he is after all a player who has turned down an international in order to stay and cement his place in the squad. Again I think in another thread I said I cant help but think SP is not particularly happy that Reda has gone away for a friendly either.

Some of the signings have not yet worked out Pugh seems to have a dodgy ankle, Tudgay looks as though he is suffering from the "its coventry init" disease which SP up to this point had seemingly got rid of. MIller I would say the jury is still out, I would say with time he could be effective, however as we are struggling time is something we are not prepared to give. Swanson seems fragile.... However this is not a failing of Pressley on his own, the majority of our signings for a long while have been a bit miss. I guess thats due to the market we are dealing in.

Covstar

My respect for Pressley has gone up immensely after that press conference. He was absolutely furious with the players performance on Sunday and make no mistake the players have received a massive bollocking for their lack of desire to put in the effort to be successful at this club. You can see how embarrassed he was with the work ethic on Sunday and has acknowledged himself that he has defended the players in the past however 'the incident' which I feel is something to do with some of the players not caring one aota about the result has infuriated Pressley and he has had enough.

This is the sort of manager I want at this club who will give players a chance initially but when a certain amount of chance is given and they still won't put the effort in then they should be 'banished' from this football club. I don't understand the posts from some people on here who are criticising his outburst. He was also criticised for sugar coating the previous performances...

The passion and desire you can see from Pressley to improve this football club and make us successful is clear to see. In years to come we will miss this kind of manager at our club because Pressley will eventually move on to a better, more ambitious club and do great things. A future premiership manager no doubt.

Last edited:

Hobo

Fair play to him. He is genuinely angry. There comes a time when you have to point fingers and call certain individuals to task. For too long at this club we have accepted defeat and carried too many people. There has been a shoddy attitude to the club and the fans by a lot of players.

I have witnessed first hand in a public gym certain players attitude to the club and their desire to gain match fitness in recent seasons.

For too long in football we have had an attitude of paying players more than the managers and sacking managers when it is players who are failing to deliver.

As SP says everything done to prepare for success, then certain individuals can't be arsed to put a shift in. You can carry one maybe two players who are having a bad day. But once you get to 4 or 5 or above you are wasting your time.

good luck SP we need someone to turn this club around, but the reality is it needs a collective, a team effort.

Bluescarf

Pressley is losing the plot now. I am beginning to believe these rumours of him losing the dressing room are true.

You can't say that a lot of our players in our books are rubbish. They have performed well at other clubs.

I don't think Pressley has their backing.

Very worrying times,

He he has lost it !

Users who are viewing this thread