"Certain players will be banished from this football club" (1 Viewer)

Otis

Like I said, top 6 is all but gone so we only need to worry about relegation. I want to see if there's a reaction from Sunday, and for me Sunday's performance sits squarely with the players.

I agree he's been average, and bolstered by good strikers, but I also don't think our squad was that good last season or this season for that matter, we have a few individuals that look good on paper but in terms of the balance of the squad and the right combination of attributes, I think we're seriously lacking. He has to take some responsibility for that as do the owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Agree. Managers can try and motivate players all they want, but if some of those players go out onto a football field and are determined to then not put the effort in, then I don't see what a manager can do.

And you have to remember, on Sunday we went down to 10 men and were already forced into one change, further limiting SP's options to change things and remove the players who couldn't be bothered.

H

Huckerby

What about the poor subs made, poor players brought in and players that seem to be suffering from lack of motivation as well as keeping up with a system that has proved to not work?

Feel like some of the subs he made were probably based on the lack of motivation by some players.

The motivation thing - I reckon that may be more an occupational hazard at this level where you get more journeymen who are just here for a payday and dont give a shit. Its also because he's forced to use the loan market when he has said many times before that he doesn't want to do that.

Dont get me wrong mate, he has a lot to learn, and he has made mistakes. I guarantee he will be grilling every potential signing to make sure they are hungry for it now. I dunno...I'd prefer a manager as passionate as this who really wants to build something here, most likely turned down Huddersfield, and is still learning and so will inevitably make the odd mistake. Rather than someone who is a better manager but isn't arsed. Just my opinion

mrtrench

Banished? It's all a bit Shakesperesn isn't it? Should we refer to him euphemistically as 'the Scottish manager'?

"There is no world without Coventry walls
But purgatory, torture, hell itself.
Hence “banishèd” is banished from the world,
And world’s exile is death."

Bannister

Almost as regular as the clocks going forward/back is CCFC fans asking for the manager to be sacked!! Just who does anyone think is able to turn this around any better than Pressley. An experienced manager would not touch us with the proverbial bargepole - why would they?? Plus they would be too set in their ways to adapt to what are pretty unique circumstances. A young up and coming manager - will say all the right things, show passion, talk of developing youngsters, scour the lower leagues etc etc. At first sign of trouble it will be like a witch hunt on here again - "he hasnt got a clue" "tactically inept" "he's got to go" etc

Honestly, its like f**king Groundhog Day. Im absolutley positive that SP has made many mistakes but I cannot fathom how changing the manager AGAIN, will see any better outcome. We have had managers that fans said didnt have passion (we have one) we have had managers that fans said ignored the youth (not at the moment) we have had managers that fans said came here just to pick up a wage and had no ambition (dont think we have one like that), Will somebody tell me WHO they think can turn this cesspit of a club around in the current circumstances - its not just a case of stating we have a decent budget - remember its ultimately controlled by a bunch of half witted suits and the club has no direction - difficult to steer a ship when the rudder was pawned off a while back.

Astute

Feel like some of the subs he made were probably based on the lack of motivation by some players.

The motivation thing - I reckon that may be more an occupational hazard at this level where you get more journeymen who are just here for a payday and dont give a shit. Its also because he's forced to use the loan market when he has said many times before that he doesn't want to do that.

Dont get me wrong mate, he has a lot to learn, and he has made mistakes. I guarantee he will be grilling every potential signing to make sure they are hungry for it now. I dunno...I'd prefer a manager as passionate as this who really wants to build something here, most likely turned down Huddersfield, and is still learning and so will inevitably make the odd mistake. Rather than someone who is a better manager but isn't arsed. Just my opinion

I do agree with this, but at the same time we are getting outplayed by clubs using loan players and with a budget much smaller than ours if our budget is as much as SISU make out.

We were poor last season other than lots of goals when we had two good strikers. Our defence has always been poor whilst he has been at our club. We have a static midfield. And now we don't have the strikers to get us out of the shit.

Astute

Almost as regular as the clocks going forward/back is CCFC fans asking for the manager to be sacked!! Just who does anyone think is able to turn this around any better than Pressley. An experienced manager would not touch us with the proverbial bargepole - why would they?? Plus they would be too set in their ways to adapt to what are pretty unique circumstances. A young up and coming manager - will say all the right things, show passion, talk of developing youngsters, scour the lower leagues etc etc. At first sign of trouble it will be like a witch hunt on here again - "he hasnt got a clue" "tactically inept" "he's got to go" etc

Honestly, its like f**king Groundhog Day. Im absolutley positive that SP has made many mistakes but I cannot fathom how changing the manager AGAIN, will see any better outcome. We have had managers that fans said didnt have passion (we have one) we have had managers that fans said ignored the youth (not at the moment) we have had managers that fans said came here just to pick up a wage and had no ambition (dont think we have one like that), Will somebody tell me WHO they think can turn this cesspit of a club around in the current circumstances - its not just a case of stating we have a decent budget - remember its ultimately controlled by a bunch of half witted suits and the club has no direction - difficult to steer a ship when the rudder was pawned off a while back.

So if he has the budget that we are told is it the fault of SP or SISU that we are doing so badly this season?

There are many managers that would apply for the post. Would they all be shit? Would they all constantly make mistakes like you said yourself? How many seasons should we keep him whilst being near the bottom of Division 3 before we decide on a change?

ajsccfc

Some of you on here clearly need your heads checking.. Calling for Pressley to be sacked... Clearly the bloke is passionate about Cov and gives far more of a shit about our two bit club than the disgraceful players we have. The passion and anger in the man in that press conference.

I don't think anyone was calling for his head because he doesn't care enough, it's more that whole 'results' thing.

Astute

I don't think anyone was calling for his head because he doesn't care enough, it's more that whole 'results' thing.

And may I add how badly we have played for the last year?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would suspect that mixed in with a lot of what he was saying yesterday is the pressure he is under. In TF's interview on Monday he mentioned that he was speaking to the owner that day. I would imagine because of the financial implications it was not a great conversation. I would suspect that has been passed on to SP and there have been some harsh words aimed at him (I am not suggesting a threat to his job) and that has added to his anger with the players performance which he in turn has relayed to players & fans.

SP is getting pressure from a growing number of fans, could well be getting pressure from his bosses and that pressure is increased because of the players failure to perform this season (not just Sunday). None of that is unusual or unexpected or indeed wrong but it is all focussed on SP - no real wonder he blew his top. Is he wrong to be angry no not all but its how you use that anger that's important

There were some interesting comments on CWR this morning from a sports psychologist and Snoz neither favoured the public anger against the players. Both seemed to say it could be counter productive and they preferred a different approach. I will be interested to see the players response tonight.

as an aside Snoz talked about the Sutton game and how that went pear shaped and how he was let down by the players, said he blew his top at halftime but not after the game because it was gone and could not be changed...... but he said that they won the next two games (vs Man Utd and Arsenal) and finished 7th that year. Things can get better even after a debacle......

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I would suspect that mixed in with a lot of what he was saying yesterday is the pressure he is under. In TF's interview on Monday he mentioned that he was speaking to the owner that day. I would imagine because of the financial implications it was not a great conversation. I would suspect that has been passed on to SP and there have been some harsh words aimed at him (I am not suggesting a threat to his job) and that has added to his anger with the players performance which he in turn has relayed to players & fans.

SP is getting pressure from a growing number of fans, could well be getting pressure from his bosses and that pressure is increased because of the players failure to perform this season (not just Sunday). None of that is unusual or unexpected or indeed wrong but it is all focussed on SP - no real wonder he blew his top. Is he wrong to be angry no not all but its how you use that anger that's important

There were some interesting comments on CWR this morning from a sports psychologist and Snoz neither favoured the public anger against the players. Both seemed to say it could be counter productive and they preferred a different approach. I will be interested to see the response tonight.

as an aside Snoz talked about the Sutton game and how that went pear shaped and how he was let down by the players, said he blew his top at halftime but not after the game because it was gone and could not be changed...... but he said that they won the next two games (vs Man Utd and Arsenal) and finished 7th that year. Things can get better even after a debacle......

Snoz's memory is slightly failing him, as the next game post-Sutton was a Simod Cup game which we lost, but we did beat Norwich away the week after (I think they were top at the time) - http://www.11v11.com/teams/coventry-city/tab/matches/season/1989

I remember seeing an interview with Snoz after the Northampton Cup defeat, where as well as obviously not being very happy, he mentioned that they leave no stone unturned in their preparation (from 8:25 into this vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-UhdVb9Enw - I wouldn't recommend watching the match highlights...)

TurkeyTrot

Was in the queue at the local shop an hour ago, some guy was saying that a few of the players were talking after the game and said they weren't that bothered about losing. That got back to SP...

stupot07

Was in the queue at the local shop an hour ago, some guy was saying that a few of the players were talking after the game and said they weren't that bothered about losing. That got back to SP...

If true, then those players deserved to be 'banished' from our football club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread