Changes to the Ricoh next season - Waggott (1 Viewer)

Monners

As I wrote earlier, it's not just about a few quid. Some will commit whether they raise it 50% and throw shit bombs at you as you enter the turnstiles. I guess we have around 700 of these types. Many others only renewed on the wave of optimism that occurred when we came back to Coventry and it's those that need to be convinced that there will be some form of entertainment next year and it's also these guys who got used to a blank Saturday when they boycotted Northampton so won't be fooled again.
I'm with another group who will go and buy single tickets for 3 or 4 games if SISU have still got Waggot picking has beens and no hopers for the manager to sign on a shoestring or do 12-15 matches plus cup games if we look competitive.....and by that I mean starting well and remaining at least in the top 10 all season.

Yep - me too, and I expect 1000's of others. Two way process really - the Club's ownders demonstrate genuine commitent, and the likes of me and plent of others I know will feel the same. Such is modern life with cost of ling and other options.

shmmeee

Not particularly imaginative, but all good steps in the right direction. Fair play.

torchomatic

Yes, that's right. When we came back for the Gillingham game we were moved to the South stand. The reasoning was there are few STH in the North stand than anywhere else. As long as I can see my team I ain't bothered whether I'm facing north, south, east or west.

I would assume they've looked at the number of season tickets in each location and made the decision based on that. They could open a smaller section behind the goals but that would mean opening up the stand and incurring the associated costs.

Maybe you should ask them if you can be the guy sat in the stand to fetch the ball!

chiefdave

Yes, that's right. When we came back for the Gillingham game we were moved to the South stand. The reasoning was there are few STH in the North stand than anywhere else. As long as I can see my team I ain't bothered whether I'm facing north, south, east or west.

That'll be the new excuse next season. I'm not going again until I can sit facing south again.

Chipfat

To late for SISU to start pretending they care and listen to fans,, right move but 50% of the fan base are already lost or picked to do other things on the game days instead of following a club with no hope....The horse has already bolted just a shame JS and her merry band of crooks wasn't on it, very Sisu attempt and more proof these have no idea of what they are doing or have done....

Chipfat

Yet another dig at our club from a franchise tosser.

The problem is its not our club,, its Sisu 's who have proved in the past that they do not care about you or any other fan that walks through the door...It has took them 7 years to understand that when fans turn away you as owners have to engage, listen and have plans that are believable, plausible and give hope before fans will be following along with all you do...

They have lost the majority and no matter what they say or do now becomes very much hard to believe.....

Sick Boy

The problem is its not our club,, its Sisu 's who have proved in the past that they do not care about you or any other fan that walks through the door...It has took them 7 years to understand that when fans turn away you as owners have to engage, listen and have plans that are believable, plausible and give hope before fans will be following along with all you do...

They have lost the majority and no matter what they say or do now becomes very much hard to believe.....

Of course it's still our club and it still will be long after they have gone. We probably have the most weak and pathetic support in the country.

wingy

Yes but what about picking up a facial tan through August Sept OctGet some superb sunny afternoon's In that stand
If the place ever does become defunct
I predict the first national Naturist Arena to be opened here

SkyBlueHomer

There are a few of us that have always sat together in the North Stand so obviously we're not impressed. Make no difference at the minute, we have all said we are waiting to see what happens before we think about a season ticket. We currently barely have a squad & no manager for next season so we find oursleves behind some teams that will already be planning for next season.

I'm not suprised though by this announcement, excluding the Gillingham game (due to the number of day trippers) our average for league games has been around 9046. Our average for next season, based on this seasons farce and the number of supporters saying forget it, i've had enough, you would expect to drop again with more than a few games dropping well below 7000. So it makes no sense it reality I suppose in a 32,000 seater stadium. As for the 'cheaper' prices, I wait with baited breath.

We all know the clubs record with letting players go on free's at the end of their contract. For me this now seems like they are just letting supporters go 'on a free' as well. No effort to keep or get them back next year.
Whats wrong with trying the prices they did at Northampton when they were playing in front of approx 2000 per week so are already up on the deal. It tempts some back, keeps others and with a good season relations could be improved greatly.

wince

That'll be the new excuse next season. I'm not going again until I can sit facing south again
Don't know about a new excuse but it will be the first time I won't be there in over 35 years, give or take the old game , (and Northampton) nothing to do with where I sit , been all over the country with city for years and years , seen some shit , been in away terraces, with less than 150 city fans s ,many a time , the only thing stopping me going next year is sisu

Ashdown

Stop bleating, of course I don't disapprove of any charity. Just think you'll all look ridiculous !

Vigornian

Stop bleating, of course I don't disapprove of any charity. Just think you'll all look ridiculous !

Lots of people looked ridiculous when they were running the London Marathon. What's far more important is that they raised huge sums for charity. If they want to wear silly costumes/whatever, it's up to them.

The wigs are not being handed out. People are being asked to make charitable donations. Great idea and a great cause. It has the backing of our Academy, one of whose players had a brain tumour when he was 13, so it's a cause which is close to home.

Nick

Administrator
Lots of people looked ridiculous when they were running the London Marathon. What's far more important is that they raised huge sums for charity. If they want to wear silly costumes/whatever, it's up to them.

The wigs are not being handed out. People are being asked to make charitable donations. Great idea and a great cause. It has the backing of our Academy, one of whose players had a brain tumour when he was 13, so it's a cause which is close to home.

Closer to home than your team then.

Sick Boy

Zzzzzzzzzz....

Nick

Administrator
You've all clearly been shown up as pro-tumour brain disease apologists here.

You would think Wasps would send their top players over here on loan to do a proper job. It is like it is just the drunk blokes in the pub who don't make sense that nobody listens to while they ramble on and on about shit.

If I was going to have to send some posters from here to them it is like me sending RFC and ccfc4life (no offence).

Monners

Closer to home than your team then.

Very droll.
Do you think he has gone away now before the need to set the SBT loonies you mentioned loose on their forum? Could also go for confusion by sending over a certain poster who has trouble with speech marks. What do reckon @Nick.....!!!!?

Nick

Administrator
Very droll.
Do you think he has gone away now before the need to set the SBT loonies you mentioned loose on their forum? Could also go for confusion by sending over a certain poster who has trouble with speech marks. What do reckon @Nick.....!!!!?

No, they somehow have a knack of finding Wasps stuff they can defend even if it is in the middle of a 108 page thread about chickens or ducks (example).

I think there are a fair few posters already on their forum, by the looks of it they get free chocolate mousse but no spoon to eat it when they sign up with with how brown their noses seem to be.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Name and shame these pricks

Ashley Scorer: 'Won't go if the North Stand is closing.'

Sheila M Payne: 'That's where I have sat since we moved from Highfield Road. Here's one who won't be going next season...'

Neil Pritchard: 'Anything to alienate the club from its greatest asset - the fans!'

Chipfat

Of course it's still our club and it still will be long after they have gone. We probably have the most weak and pathetic support in the country.

If you feel that way i applaud you, i just worry about what is left when they go.. As for what we are like as supporters,, we have put up with more than most others supporters could handle, so that comment i definitely, don't agree with...

And i don't just mean under this ownership, although i do think these are the worst i have known...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Good to see prices reduced but one small complaint (of course ! ) My daughter ,who is a JSB got sent the letter , not me. Shouldn't it go to an adult really, especially if she's only 5 years old ?

Users who are viewing this thread