Match Thread Checkatrade Final Match Thread - Oxford (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Cannot wait for the first rendition of the Sky Blues Song.

Considering how shit this season has been(well the last decade bar a few brief glimpses of hope), I'm determined to make the most of one (albeit temporary) glimmer of light in an anotherwise dark tunnel of supporting Coventry.
I might get some sticks and be that twat who pretends to be a conductor / choir master.

Bugsy

Going for a skyblue win on a skyblue day.

Had a bet with a work mate £100 on us to do it...PUSB

Skyblueweeman

Can we also get one long rendition of Twist and Shout going as well? 44k Cov fans doing that, like away at Arsenal, proper amazing!

Nick

Administrator
You don't need any sticks mate!
giphy.gif

shmmeee

Not gonna make a prediction for this one. Can't decide if we'll get tonked or storm to victory.

Will be back on here during the game to post "Are you here?" In a sanctimonious manner at anyone who doesn't attend though.

Nick

Administrator
Will be back on here during the game to post "Are you here?" In a sanctimonious manner at anyone who doesn't attend though.

Like your style. This game they can pretend they know by watching it on Sky though :(

olderskyblue

Should we do a minute thing.

On the 34th minute everyone on SBT has to stand on their seat and wave

Blimey Liquid, you're the Ed Sheeran of SBT. Just popped in and your name was in the top 5 places....

Bugsy

5/2 on pp mate , your mate has the better deal with that bet ,

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate haha.

What ever will be, will be, just buzzing that were going to Wembley whatever the result maybe....PUSB

Marty

4-0 win. 1 protest, 1 minutes applause, 4 flares, 8 smoke bombs, Burge MOTM.

SkyBlueSid

I thought there were coaches of former players going?
The Former Players' Association were given an allocation of tickets for both full and associate members. They were £28 tickets, (£14 concessions) in block 548 and everyone could buy two. They are also putting on coaches from the BPA at a special rate.

So it seems to be right that the club are not inviting the former players, it is the FPA. As an associate member this is where I was offered tickets.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Should we do a minute thing.

On the 34th minute everyone on SBT has to stand on their seat and wave

Great idea.

Then on minute 35, the entirety of SBT (apart from one or two miserable fuckers that won't join in (make your own conclusions who they are)) get kicked out for standing on their seat and then go on to cause a massive riot/fight/protest outside the Bobby Moore statue.

ajsccfc

I've gone for a Cov win and both teams to score at 6/1. I was tempted by Reilly FGS and 3-2 win at 500/1, and if that actually happens my tears won't be joy.

Great_Expectations

Snippet of team news, I have been told that K Thomas is definitely starting.

I don't know how true that is and unfortunately I couldn't get anymore of the starting eleven.

Personally, I'll be a little disappointed if he is.

Liquid Gold

Snippet of team news, I have been told that K Thomas is definitely starting.

I don't know how true that is and unfortunately I couldn't get anymore of the starting eleven.

Personally, I'll be a little disappointed if he is.
K Thomas is a strange player. He plays like a 7 year old in a mans body on an ice rink but he has a knack of goals bouncing in off him.

ajsccfc

Here's a fella coming over from the Czech Republic

One forgotten player from each Premier League club - Football365

There’s a final, guys
Happy Friday, all.

I know it’s gone kind of unnoticed, but it’s the Checkatrade Trophy final on Sunday and so, tomorrow afternoon, I will get on a plane and spend a bloody fortune in London to see my beloved Coventry City possibly get thumped by Oxford United. But who cares? We’re having an awful time and have been having for years now. I’m almost certain this will be the only chance I get to watch the Sky Blues at Wembley (I was four when they won the FA Cup). I’m looking forward to it immensely.

I got a message earlier from my parents with a photo of Coventry city centre. On every street corner and in every open space, there are swathes of sky blue. They also added the phrase “just to show you you’re not alone”. For both the club and the city, this is a game of genuine, heartfelt importance. It’s on TV as well, so if you’re bored before some other team in light blue play on Sunday afternoon, why not spend 90 minutes in our company? Let’s all sing together.
David (“Play up, Sky Blues!”) Szmidt, Brno, Czech Rep.

Users who are viewing this thread