Ched Evans signing for a League One Club... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I see that Steve Bruce has now started sticking up for him. I wonder if the 'everyday man' would be shown so much sympathy and be allowed to return to their old job? Football is even more misogynistic than I thought.

Bruce is just clueless, talks about the evidence and if you've looked over the whole case etc. he clearly doesn't understand the case or the law.

H

Huckerby

Funny one really. Completely agree that he shouldn't be a pro footballer until the unlikely event that his conviction is overturned.

I'm no lawyer, and I'm sure there is a lot more evidence and info out there than i can find from a couple of google searches. That said - it makes you wonder. How was the girl deemed fit to consent to McDonald but not fit to consent to having sex with Evans? From what I can read up its because she got in a taxi with Mcdonald...

I dunno. There are many ifs and buts, but the girl herself says she has no recollection of the night, after being in a kebab shop and eating a pizza. How was the jury sure, beyond reasonable doubt anyway, that she wasn't well up for it in the room? Does anyone know apart form the two people that were there at the time?

This isn't necessarily limited to this case...I just wonder how we have a system that can conclude there is "proof beyond reasonable doubt" that someone didn't consent to sex when the complainant herself doesn't recall anything at all, and the defendant says it was consensual? All they know other than that is that she was absolutely steaming. So? I've slept with drunk girls when I've been really drunk too. Was definitely consent there.

Just can't understand it myself. Still think Evans is lower than vermin if he had sex with someone who was really drunk but I don't understand how he can be done for rape..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread