Chess (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

I play tournament and club chess locally, around 1900 over the board and 2000+ online. Taking a break from it for the last few months while I get settled in a new role but will get back into it at some point next year.

If anyone here has children wanting to learn how to play/improve they are also quite welcome at our junior club on Saturdays.

Just out of interest

1.) d4

Edit:- 2nd thoughts, sod it. This will take far too long.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

Tell you what we will do instead.

Does anyone have a game which you want to share for a group analysis?

Now is your time to shine!

Look for the .pgn file and post it here in long form.

We will give it the works.

and @Brighton Sky Blue , could you share a game anonymously from the British Championships you played in?

For people who don't follow this, in football terms, this is the same as playing in the Premiership.

Last edited:

rob9872

First time I've seen this thread. Used to think i was quite good and then met up socially with a bunch of online degenerate gamblers like myself in the early days of online poker. Turns out there were 2 IM's among us. Killed me completely and then told me how far away they both were from GM's - unbelievable standard to see it done at a level way beyond my capability or even comprehension tbh.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just out of interest

1.) d4

Edit:- 2nd thoughts, sod it. This will take far too long.
Tell you what we will do instead.

Does anyone have a game which you want to share for a group analysis?

Now is your time to shine!

Look for the .pgn file and post it here in long form.

We will give it the works.

and @Brighton Sky Blue , could you share a game anonymously from the British Championships you played in?

For people who don't follow this, in football terms, this is the same as playing in the Premiership.
Those games were 4 years ago but I’ll see what I can do.

Sky Blue Pete

I play tournament and club chess locally, around 1900 over the board and 2000+ online. Taking a break from it for the last few months while I get settled in a new role but will get back into it at some point next year.

If anyone here has children wanting to learn how to play/improve they are also quite welcome at our junior club on Saturdays.
Waiting list now isn’t there?

Philosorapter

Go on then...

Accuracy not important here. Just showboating.

Contains a bishop sack and the kind of amusing 0-0-0++

All in 23 seconds of thinking time :D

5+3

If you are stuck on what to do, just copy and pasta below into the pgn section of Chess analysis board

1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nf3 Nf6 4. Bg5 { D30 Queen's Gambit Declined: Traditional Variation } Be7 5. Bxf6 Bxf6 6. e3 c6 7. Nc3 O-O 8. Bd3 Nd7 9. h4 Re8 10. Bxh7+ Kxh7 11. Ng5+ Kg6 12. Qd3+ Kh5 13. Qh7+ Kg4 14. f3+ Kg3 15. Rh3+ Kxg2 16. Qc2+ Kg1 17. O-O-O# { White wins by checkmate. } 1-0

Last edited:

Philosorapter

Anyone seen this one?

Kind of cool for a general overview of everything.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Fascinating to see how many are so good at this, loved playing the game with my grandad and dad but no dedication to the cause with remembering openings, sequences etc
Take her to the pub @Nick and get her into the darts, better than FIFA but more lucrative as her manager and agent 😂

Users who are viewing this thread