Match Thread Chesterfield - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Sep (1 Viewer)

steve82

I think it will be Burge.

I also don't think a Beavon/McNulty combination is working at the moment either.

You may be right, we will see tomorrow on that. I hope he gives him another go or it will be a huge dent in his confidence so early on here. Test of character for him that's for sure.

Not sure on what our second best option is striker wise, do we go Biamou and McNulty or give Beavon and McNulty another go

Otis

You may be right, we will see tomorrow on that. I hope he gives him another go or it will be a huge dent in his confidence so early on here. Test of character for him that's for sure.

Not sure on what our second best option is striker wise, do we go Biamou and McNulty or give Beavon and McNulty another go

If we do they need to play closer together. The gap between all our striker combinations hasn't been great.

Esoterica

Sticking with my suggestion after the Yeovil game. It's already been proven half right in the Shrewsbury 2nd half. 442 with Andreu and one of the defensive CMs in the middle. Nazon with a free 10 role and McNulty at 9. Beavon to come on after an hour to stretch a tiring defence when Nazon has already done the damage. 3-0 win.

Ashdown

Went up the other year when we took over 2000 and they let us have a block in the side stand as well. A right fine drunken binge that was with the SBA !

johnwillomagic

Write 4-4-2 diamond formation I'm going with the following.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Stokes LB (Last Chance Stokesey)!!
Doyle DCM
Andreu ACM
Jones LM
McNulty RM
Nazon ST
Beavon ST

Subs: O'Brien, Hyam, DKE, Stevenson, Vincenti, K.Thomas, Ponticelli

letsallsingtogether

Looking forward to seeing my first win this season PUSB

Kingokings204

Will be on the ifollow for this one tomorrow fingers crossed. Heart is saying win and head is saying is draw.

Do we draw games any more? We are either shit or brilliant these days.

oucho

Write 4-4-2 diamond formation I'm going with the following.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Stokes LB (Last Chance Stokesey)!!
Doyle DCM
Andreu ACM
Jones LM
McNulty RM
Nazon ST
Beavon ST

Subs: O'Brien, Hyam, DKE, Stevenson, Vincenti, K.Thomas, Ponticelli

Why last chance Stokes? And McNulty RM, WTF??

oucho

P.s.. I do not think Vincenti looks any good, i would put Nazon in his place and go with Kwame playing ahead of McNulty as the front two.

covcity4life

I am all for changes amongst feibt 4 but i wouldnt drop mcnulty after he scored mid week even if it was a pen.

Personally i would go same feont 4 as vs yeovil and make changes via subs if needed

Otis

Why last chance Stokes? And McNulty RM, WTF??
He's just not been the same player for us this season. We all knew he wasn't quick, but he seems so much slower since his long term injury.

He used to be a steady as a rock defender for us and player of the year contender, but so far he has struggled and looked sluggish.

stupot07

Sod it I'm going for it. On what we know I'm gonna speculate on this.

---------------O'Brien--------------
Grimmer---Willis---Hyam---Stokes
--Vincenti--Doyle(c)--Andreu---JJ--
---------Beavon----McNulty--------

Subs: Burge, DKE, Davis, Kelly, Maycock, Nazon, Biamou,
Its what I would go for but Shipley for Stokes.

Whilat Beavon/McNulty hasn't worked very well, that was with 2 dcms 30-40 yards away. With Andreu in the centre that will drag thr midfield up and on Tuesday he and Beavon and McNulty had some lovely interplay in the second half.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Going to be a nervous performance from us after the last two results but desire to overturn them results will force a draw. I'm going for 2-2.

oucho

He's just not been the same player for us this season. We all knew he wasn't quick, but he seems so much slower since his long term injury.

He used to be a steady as a rock defender for us and player of the year contender, but so far he has struggled and looked sluggish.
Who are you picking instead now that Haynes is out injured?

lifeskyblue

Need a draw at least here like others i feel stokes is now a liability rather than an asset and he must respond. Hopefully that bit of creativity from andreu will provide I few opportunities for whoever is upfront. I haven't been convinced by beavon or or mcnulty as yet but time for them to respond with a goal a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Need a draw at least here like others i feel stokes is now a liability rather than an asset and he must respond. Hopefully that bit of creativity from andreu will provide I few opportunities for whoever is upfront. I haven't been convinced by beavon or or mcnulty as yet but time for them to respond with a goal a piece.

Not the same dominant Stokes is it.

Hope it's not another of these never the same again situations. We've had it before with the likes of Dean Emerson.

Think we all said that Stokes was more than good enough for League One before his injury, but now he is seemingly struggling at a level lower.

Maybe he is just rusty and it will all come back in time.

lifeskyblue

Not the same dominant Stokes is it.

Hope it's not another of these never the same again situations. We've had it before with the likes of Dean Emerson.

Think well all said that Stokes was more than good enough for League One, but now he is struggling at a level lower.

Maybe he is just rusty and it will all come back in time.

Yes I agree. Thought a couple seasons ago he was a potential championship defender at either left back or or centre half. Now I don't see him as holding a place down for much longer in league two. As you say perhaps he will regain fitness (he does seem to have lost speed) and form with more games under his belt after his injury.

Otis

Yes I agree. Thought a couple seasons ago he was a potential championship defender at either left back or or centre half. Now I don't see him as holding a place down for much longer in league two. As you say perhaps he will regain fitness (he does seem to have lost speed) and form with more games under his belt after his injury.

As I say, he was never that quick, but by the same token, I never, ever remember him being this slow. He really looks unfit and without any pace at all.

oucho

I'm not. I was just making comment on why the poster said last chance.
Fair do. He didn't look great against Grimsby it must be said. Maybe when the loan window opens we can get an LB at least for as long as Haynes is out.

Otis

Fair do. He didn't look great against Grimsby it must be said. Maybe when the loan window opens we can get an LB at least for as long as Haynes is out.
Haynes will be back by then surely. Loan window's now not until January I believe.

dongonzalos

Sticking with my suggestion after the Yeovil game. It's already been proven half right in the Shrewsbury 2nd half. 442 with Andreu and one of the defensive CMs in the middle. Nazon with a free 10 role and McNulty at 9. Beavon to come on after an hour to stretch a tiring defence when Nazon has already done the damage. 3-0 win.

Would agree with you but would try starting Beavon and have McNulty Ponti come on for 30 mins.

dongonzalos

I prefer Stokes at CB.
Shame Haynes got injured Stokes could have done a job at CB saving us using the money of a transfer fee for a CB

johnwillomagic

Stokes one of my favourite players - last chance means he needs to up his game to stay in start xi no-one should be undroppable and he has not been very good this season though hope he will improve of course. Keeping him in the team but if he played badly again would bench him and give Camwell a go at left back shame Haynes is injured mind. Could do that or go three at the back.

johnwillomagic

As for McNulty for me he is not an out and our striker - however Vincenti has disappointed out wide and is arguably not a wide man too?
McNulty does have good pace though and think Jones and him on flanks could stretch opposition defenders and Beavon and Nazon for me would hold the ball up better as a two if we resort to hoofball which we have done let's face it at times in recent games.

steve82

I hope we play the ball on the deck a bit more, some football.
Lump it up top and veteran Ian Evatt will have a easy day, play it on the deck and McNulty and Beavon will have him on his arse.

Warwickhunt

Exactly, or put it in the channels away from big centre halves.
That would be novel Nick! I have been saying that for ages when you play these side with brick shit houses for centre backs

Users who are viewing this thread