Chris Eagles? (1 Viewer)

StevieM

Heard on the CWR prematch chatter that Chris Eagles, according to some internet sites, is/has signed for us.
Considering his wages at Bolton only 12 months ago were widely reported as being £30,000 per week, one would assume that he would only be on a small fraction of that figure should he sign for us.
Suprisingly he is still only 29 so I should imagine that him taking a huge wedge off his wages would not be a great career move?
If this was the case though and he just wants to play football, is he the type of player we need-the Bolton fans have hime down as a "big time Charlie"?
Could he be a Dennis Wise or more likely a Tim Sherwood? :thinking about:

JulianDarbyFTW

CWR also reported that the club had confirmed that they have absolutely no interest in signing him, and that the rumour is completely unfounded. So less of a Dennis Wise and more of an Alexi Lalas.

Specs WT-R75

He's not the sort of player we need if fans opinions are anything to go on. If we wanted to take a punt on someone then find £250k and buy McLeod.

skybluejelly

Personally would not spend £250,000 on McLeod , that's equivalent of £5000 a week in wages , plus probably £3000 a week wages, not worth £8000 a week , the money can be better spent elsewhere

armybike

SlowerThanPlatt

@BBCcovsport: Coventry City have confirmed to @BBCcovsport former Man' United player Chris Eagles is training with club with view to possible contract

And we're off...

Terry Gibson's perm

I am surprised nobody else has signed him yet, obviously TM thinks he will add something to the squad and if he wants him then its fine with me.

Evo1883

Yes , and at 29 you would have to say if he signs its a fantastic bit of business ..especially if mogga can get the best out of him

stupot07

The Eagle has landed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kingokings204

Good news but he hasn't signed yet though has he? And if he does where does he get in?

Evo1883

If he signs , We have
Kent - Lameiras - Murphy - Eagles - Fortune - Obrien - Armstrong - Maddison - Tudgay ...all as attacking options ..thats extremely strong for a league 1 club

Users who are viewing this thread