Transfer Rumour Chris Willock (3 Viewers)

Alkhen

Would be a great signing. Despite getting Tatsu and this link I really can't see us switching to winger. We'd need 4-6 and we currently have 1. I recon we'll keep the box but with Vik gone the plan will be for players to drift out wide and cut in. Vik was all power where as these guys are tricky, should be fun.

Need to sort the centre back situation next. Lot of holes to fill there. The radio silence makes me feel like there is still hope with McNally. Holding on to see if that deal can be made rather than chasing lesser targets.

This could be a great window if it all comes off. And we still have up to 5 loan options when Prem teams start releasing youngsters from preseason training.

skyblueelephant76

I seem to remember there being rumours of a bust up between Willock and Gareth Ainsworth, so if it’s not us I can imagine he’ll be moving somewhere this summer.

Year would have been exercised to scrape a fee
There were a lot of links with Middlesbrough a couple of weeks ago but that seems to have gone quiet now.

Mucca Mad Boys

Last couple of times Robins has had a blank slate he’s gone for 4231 or 433. 3421 only really came about when Jobello got injured, the squad we’d built that season was for Jobello and Kasta to play wide. I don’t think he’s ideologically attached and we have a grand total of one CB so if ever there was a time to change…

Would also explain why we’re signing from the front as who we get could determine the shape of the back.

You regularly talk about us changing formation, it isn’t happening.

We tried to play 3-4-3 in League 2 and I do feel it’s a system that Adi Viveash favours from his time at Chelsea. I vaguely recall Adi talking about Conte’s impact on him as a coach.

Da Silva being signed as a WB and Sakamoto being touted as a WB doesn’t suggest a formation change to me.

Our success has relied on absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the counter with direct passing. The 3 centre backs was key to this. Injecting speed and dribbling to our attack, particularly in wide areas seems more of an evolution of the 3-4-2-1/3-4-3 rather than a formation/system change.

shmmeee

You regularly talk about us changing formation, it isn’t happening.

We tried to play 3-4-3 in League 2 and I do feel it’s a system that Adi Viveash favours from his time at Chelsea. I vaguely recall Adi talking about Conte’s impact on him as a coach.

Da Silva being signed as a WB and Sakamoto being touted as a WB doesn’t suggest a formation change to me.

Our success has relied on absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the counter with direct passing. The 3 centre backs was key to this. Injecting speed and dribbling to our attack, particularly in wide areas seems more of an evolution of the 3-4-2-1/3-4-3 rather than a formation/system change.

Not sure I do, but OK. I just don’t think it’s as set in stone as some seem to think and if we’re gonna change formation the summer we sign an entire new squad pretty much is the time to do it.

Our success in L1 was about dominating games, at this level it’s been fast counter attacking because it has to be to punch above our weight and because we had two exceptional talents to enable it. The squad won’t be so imbalanced in terms of quality this year.

We could well keep the same formation, I’m not in the Sakamoto is a forward camp, but equally we could not. We have the freedom this year to work from a blank page.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've been thinking about the 3-4-3, and, the 3-4-2-1 systems, and in the end I think that supporter who attends most of the pre-season games has it about right with his suggestion of 'Forward'

SBAndy

Not sure I do, but OK. I just don’t think it’s as set in stone as some seem to think and if we’re gonna change formation the summer we sign an entire new squad pretty much is the time to do it.

Our success in L1 was about dominating games, at this level it’s been fast counter attacking because it has to be to punch above our weight and because we had two exceptional talents to enable it. The squad shouldn’t be so imbalanced in terms of quality this year.

We could well keep the same formation, I’m not in the Sakamoto is a forward camp, but equally we could not. We have the freedom this year to work from a blank page.

Fixed.

covcity4life

We stil need to see how well that's does. Really hoping he does well though as looks like an entertaining player.

Hopefully we get some of these names over the line soon.

TomRad85

Wilson
Latibeaudiere
McNaly
Kitching
DaSilva
Hamer
Sheaf
Tats
Ohare/Palmer
Willock
Simms

Wow, a team full of players we would own and a bloody good one at that!
Yep, would take that line up for the opening day for sure. Reckon the bench will look pretty nice when we're done too.

Manchester_sky_blue

Our success in L1 was about dominating games, at this level it’s been fast counter attacking because it has to be to punch above our weight and because we had two exceptional talents to enable it. The squad won’t be so imbalanced in terms of quality this year.

Would be a valid argument except that Robins directly described Sakamoto as an attacking midfielder

Mucca Mad Boys

Would be a valid argument except that Robins directly described Sakamoto as an attacking midfielder

We’ll see how we line up in preseason. I think he’ll start the season in the box but may be tried at WB when Palmer and COH are fully fit.

The more options we have and the more interchangeable the squad is, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread