City v Rochdale player ratings (4 Viewers)

Otis

Rose has about as much steel as a soggy piece of cardboard,

It is an issue that we have a lightweight midfield especially as teams will watch us and realise that you can nullify bigiaramana pretty easily especially if Stevenson is struggling and McCann is out.

He can't do a lot about it as ghadzev looks terrible.

Rose is just an up and down the pitch athlete who may get some goals but generally is pretty limited.
I said 'steel the middle of the park ' not ADD steel, but you carry on.

He has energy, a great engine, can tackle and adds height too.

Grendel

I said 'steel the middle of the park ' not ADD steel, but you carry on.

He has energy, a great engine, can tackle and adds height too.

Can he tackle?

Had he actually ever played in the middle 3 behind 2 others? He seems to end up right wing back, right midfield, support midfielder for the forwards.

If he's the answer you've asked the wrong question I'm afraid.

Otis

Can he tackle?

Had he actually ever played in the middle 3 behind 2 others? He seems to end up right wing back, right midfield, support midfielder for the forwards.

If he's the answer you've asked the wrong question I'm afraid.
Why did you want him getting game time then?

I know we have played him all over the place, but yes, he can play in midfield.

Stevenson was tiring for me and from the 46th minute we were on the back foot and Rochdale constantly pressing.

It needed changing. However, for some reason Venus left it until the 72nd minute to bring a sub on, when it was clearly calling for it from about 55 mins onwards (I say 55, because you have to give it at least 10 mins to see if what you have said at half time has had the chance to work).

covcity4life

Rose can play a role in team. Not sure being tough is it though

We just played a physical side and win 2 nil. Have some faith in the kids

Otis

Rose can play a role in team. Not sure being tough is it though

We just played a physical side and win 2 nil. Have some faith in the kids
If only we could strengthen now, cc4l, we would have a decent team.

Losing McCann in the midfield is a bit of a blow. Let's cross our fingers and hope he's not out for too long.

clint van damme

Losing McCann in the midfield is a bit of a blow. Let's cross our fingers and hope he's not out for too long.
or failing that, let's hope Gadzhev can start producing whatever it was TM saw in him to make him sign him.

Last edited:

Esoterica

McCann has a tight hamstring according to Venus so shouldn't be out for too long if not a tear.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Comfortably?

Each and every to their own.

We deserved to win, but that was anything but comfortable to my eyes.

:)

Think we just saw the game differently, which is fine. Rose for me was the obvious choice to come on and steel the middle of the park. :)
Yea we didn't pass and move the ball well but it was still a comfortable win, Rochdale never really looked like scoring and nearly all of the clear cut chances fell to us.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I assume cos rose plays cm more than Reid who is out wide in career
Yea but we changed shape after McCann went off.
We started as a 433 but after the injury went 4231 with lameiras pushed into number 10 and Reid went out wide.

And it worked didn't it, lameiras played a big part in both goals and we went on to win 2-0 and never really looked like conceding.

covcity4life

Yea but we changed shape after McCann went off.
We started as a 433 but after the injury went 4231 with lameiras pushed into number 10 and Reid went out wide.

And it worked didn't it, lameiras played a big part in both goals and we went on to win 2-0 and never really looked like conceding.
You misunderstand me. I'm not saying it was a bad decision. Just saying why most people including me would have expected rose or gadzhev to come on for Mann

I thought reid was great. He can get past a man with ease from standing starting position which I like

Reckon will get 5 or so goals this year I think

Otis

Why was rose the obvious choice, Reid's pace was vital for the counter attack plan which worked perfectly.
Not talking about the Reid substitution. I am talking about the second substitution in the second half.

That is the one I say should have been Rose.

KG7

Thought we were outplayed for most of the match, they controlled the midfield but toothless up front.
Willis deserved MOM and thought Reid changed things for us when he came on, 100% effort.
No leader on the pitch though, maybe Rose should have replaced Lameiras on the hour mark when we were really under the cosh.
Lameiras awful game but we got away with it.

Lameiras was my MOTM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

To be fair Lamieres was instrumental in both goals. Nearly every other forward would have shot instead of sliding it through to Agyei for the first, and a fair few would have tried to have shot or slide in wright rather than lay it off to Page for the second. So I can see why Kg's nominated him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Lameires has played 3 games in a week TM didn't let him have that run in a month!

Didn't go to Charlton but the 2 home games he's been great!

Hopefully will get a deserved run in the side!

Also TM made changes to every team even after wins in those 3 games only Agyei for Wright after Charlton has been the only change! Credit to Venus for that!

KG7

I thought he flitted in and out myself.

You would have Lameiras as MOTM over Jordan Willis?

Interesting.

Yeah it was close and Willis was solid but he didn't stand out for me as much as Lameiras who created two goals and did a lot of dirty work.

I don't normally like Lameiras so maybe this came into it too.

Also, i didn't think Rochdale were particularly threatening. It was great to see Willis standing up to everything they threw at us but that is the minimum he should be doing IMO as a centre back in our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

it was a good display. We had strikers scoring. Creative players assisting. Even fullbacks assisting.Defence and keeper solid. Yeh Rochdale got in some dangerous positions but don't remember r many shots on target other than speculative free kicks.

Littlewood CCFC

Only our fans could give our Manager a 4/10 rating after a 2-0 home win lmao

Burge 5 - Most shots straight at him. Wasn't bad, although some of his distribution truly was.

Sterry 6 - Error riddled at times, but some stout defending in there too.

Turnbull 5 - Bullied a lot by Andrew, their centre forward.

Willis 9 - Fantastic performance from the lad. Great spirit and determination and didn't dive in. Very assured performance and MOTM by a country mile.

Page 6 - Not a bad effort from him. In fact all the back four did their jobs for the most part, but some of the passing and distribution from the back was shocking.

Bigi 6 - Normal Bigi. Some great stuff and some suicidal passing.

McCann n/a - Off to early to warrant any score.

Stevenson 6 - Some little bits of lovely football, but was muscled out of it too often by a very physical Rochdale side.

Lameiras 5 - Again, bits and pieces. Some lovely footwork, but disappears too often and another often out muscled.

Sordell 6 - Not for his forwards work, but for his defence duties. At times he was playing as a full back, but he did defend very well.

Aygei 6 - Started quite brightly and got the goal and also should have had another one, but faded out of the game very quickly.

Reid 7 - Breath of fresh air when he came on and at first he was sensational, but once again he drifted out of the game due to our inability to retain possession.

Venus 4 - We started dreadfully, got the goal and things looked brighter, but that second half it was all Rochdale, we were completely on the back foot and glancing over constantly at the bench, Venus seemed most reluctant to change anything and didn't even have anyone warming up when quite clearly a change was needed and the obvious candidate was to bring Rose on, to try and help retain and win the ball in midfield.

Thought he was tactically inept today unfortunately. :(

Littlewood CCFC

Also let's be honest Rochdale are just a big physical team... all they done was lump the ball forward into that Andrew. Playing wise they were awful Oxford were a much better footballing side and it was a different game today. I thought we battled tremendously as they made the game into a sunday league scrap and we didnt do enough to play the way we did Tuesday. Fair play to the lads today earlier this season we would of lost that match for sure but you can see the players really gave everything for 90 minutes and scraped for a good win. Im sure we see better football from us at Walsall!

clint van damme

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying it was a bad decision. Just saying why most people including me would have expected rose or gadzhev to come on for Mann

I thought reid was great. He can get past a man with ease from standing starting position which I like

Reckon will get 5 or so goals this year I think

if Reid could add a final ball to his game he'd be some player, though he'd probably be playing in the Championship if he did.

Users who are viewing this thread