Collins signs for Luton (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Are you actually comparing Gary Lineker with a striker who's never made it past League 2? Wow... That's skyblueruffian bad mate

is that how you read it, you've had too many late nights mate.

Your post was disparaging to goals scored from inside the box, (poachers goals), which are the type of goals Lineker made his name scoring.
In no way comparing the two players.

Fergusons_Beard

Laughable that Collins 'wanted' to come to Cov.

Just used us again to get a better deal for himself.

Don't begrudge that btw but don't confuse footballers with any other job-they'll go money before 'loyalty' every time!

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)

Speng

Laughable that Collins 'wanted' to come to Cov.

Just used us again to get a better deal for himself.

Don't begrudge that btw but don't confuse footballers with any other job-they'll go money before 'loyalty' every time!

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)
Not every time ,
Matt la tis, could have doubled his money and gone to tot back in the day ,
Steve bull to us .....
plus plenty more

woody11462

Still Think Akinde would be perfect for the 4-2-3-1 formation. Strong, mobile, good in the air, the Lukaku of league 2. Scores alot of penalties but wins many of them himself. If you get chance, watch his YouTube goals compilations from the last 3 seasons from the conference and league 2.

steve82

Still Think Akinde would be perfect for the 4-2-3-1 formation. Strong, mobile, good in the air, the Lukaku of league 2. Scores alot of penalties but wins many of them himself. If you get chance, watch his YouTube goals compilations from the last 3 seasons from the conference and league 2.

I'm not so sure I'd go in for him, he's gonna cost a good fee as he's contracted till 2019.

He's big and strong and very much in the way of frank nouble in the way he runs. Big and cumbersome but yet finds goals in league two. A lot of his goals are from long balls over the top. Not sure if he suits Robins style and his type of player.

I think Matty Godden of Stevenage is more suited to his more footballing way as opposed to long ball over the top for him to power onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Reminds me of myself in 2003. 2004 I was Clive Platt, 2005 I was Jermaine grandison. I retired then.

steve82

I read somewhere Stevenage wanted a million for Godden

Not a chance have they.... he's had one good season in league two and previously to that a few in the conference and national league south.

400k tops take it or leave it as he's only a year left I'd recon.

Garryb80

He signed a 2 year deal in December so will be a good offer to get him. Not sure we can afford him. Rotherham wanted him but pulled out due to an escalating price. Stevenage manager said it requires a rich man to take him away.

Cavan O'Doherty

Not a chance have they.... he's had one good season in league two and previously to that a few in the conference and national league south.

400k tops take it or leave it as he's only a year left I'd recon.

Should be the same as the fee payed for Collins(250k). One year left on his contract, scored the same amount of goals and is only a year younger.

steve82

He signed a 2 year deal in December so will be a good offer to get him. Not sure we can afford him. Rotherham wanted him but pulled out due to an escalating price. Stevenage manager said it requires a rich man to take him away.

Your correct, website I use said end of June 2018. But at the end of November he signed a new 2 year deal. I assume that takes him up to the summer 2019.

Should be the same as the fee payed for Collins(250k). One year left on his contract, scored the same amount of goals and is only a year younger.

Market for league two strikers seems wide and varying it seems.... James Collins a proven league two striker goes for 250k and Peterborough pay Luton 450k for up and coming Jack Marriott. Both were contracted to 2019 I think.

Garryb80

Was the same as Collins then I believe. As he signed a 2 year deal in December it wouldn't make much difference to the fee as he nearly has 1 year left.
Makes no difference to the price they want. There is zero chance of signing him if teams with much more money than us wont pay the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread