Comedians (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Saw Rhys James last week at the Rialto. He was very good.

stay_up_skyblues

Just got tickets for Ricky Gervais in June. Wanted Brum but they had sold out and reappeared on Viagogo for £300 standard seats. How the fuck do they get away with it? Had to go for Nottingham. Still resale but “only” an uplift of £20 on face value.

Frankie Boyle week after next in Milton Keynes. I’m preparing for less of the old shock factor jokes and a highly politicised set.

stay_up_skyblues

Frankie Boyle was excellent on Thursday. Particular highlights;

What has Simon Cowell done to his face? It looks like someone is suffocating George Michael with cling film.

Going from Boris Johnson to Rishi Sunak is like tunnelling out of R Kelly’s basement and coming out in Prince Andrew’s bedroom.

and

Rishi Sunak is so wee he can’t give speeches at night in case an owl takes him.

stay_up_skyblues

Ricky Gervais last night in Nottingham. Very good. Some predictably risky material that won’t make the special!

Jack Whitehall in a few weeks then Justin Moorehouse in September.

LastGarrison

Jimmy Carr at the Warwick Arts Centre tonight.

By far my favourite stand up and had to leave his last gig at The Empire early as the Missus was not well so really looking forward to tonight.

LastGarrison

He was, as you expect, very funny and near the knuckle and was a good night!

Don’t think his set was as good as the first time I watched him but still very good. Don’t think it helped that there was little crowd interaction so didn’t give him a chance to do the off the cuff stuff he’s so good at!

Terry Gibson's perm

Thanks for the Frank Skinner heads up. Been wanting to see him for years.

We’ve got Romesh Ranganathan in May and Mo Gilligan in October.

Hopefully you get a ticket I got lucky with an email from the Warwick arts centre or would have missed out

SBT

Saw Frank Skinner workshopping his new set in a small venue a few months ago, it was pretty good!

LastGarrison

Got tickets for Lloyd Griffith next year.

Don’t know what he’ll be like at stand up but did find him funny on Soccer AM and panel shows etc.

Terry_dactyl

I saw Miles Jupp in Bristol last weekend. I thought it was great…both hilarious and poignant.
It’s him talking about having a brain tumour, so not an obvious source of material.

shmmeee

Got to be honest, I’m a dark and anti-woke humour and a Gervais fan generally but found his latest to be a bit shit. He felt like the overly woke comedians who forget to write jokes and just rant about their beliefs. I don’t care what your views are as long as you’re funny, but just saying “our side is great, the others are idiots” isn’t comedy IMO.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Got to be honest, I’m a dark and anti-woke humour and a Gervais fan generally but found his latest to be a bit shit. He felt like the overly woke comedians who forget to write jokes and just rant about their beliefs. I don’t care what your views are as long as you’re funny, but just saying “our side is great, the others are idiots” isn’t comedy IMO.

Yeah, his first 3/4 stand up shows were really good imo, but his last couple have been poor. Seems to have become obsessed with being "cancelled" and it's now just trying to be as offensive as possible without adding any humour to it.
He used to make clever observations and jokes and now it's just say c*nt on stage and people will laugh

JAM See

Seek out Jerry Sadowitz.

You won't find anything on the internet. Need to see him live.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, his first 3/4 stand up shows were really good imo, but his last couple have been poor. Seems to have become obsessed with being "cancelled" and it's now just trying to be as offensive as possible without adding any humour to it.
He used to make clever observations and jokes and now it's just say c*nt on stage and people will laugh
Have to agree
There were some good stories and gags but compared to his earlier stuff it was night and day
Watched lots on Netflix and hands down for me Russell Howard is the funniest comedian on there. It’s taste and fancy

Last edited:
Reactions: AOM

rob9872

Seek out Jerry Sadowitz.

You won't find anything on the internet. Need to see him live.
Seen him live twice 20 years apart and it's the same show! Save your money.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'd suggest it may possibly be a very good time to see Sadowitz Live......

...... re-invigorated by being cancelled from the Edinburgh Fringe due to few overly woke cry-babies who bought tickets & queued up to be offended on purpose, I should imagine his new material being toured later this year will be brutal.

JAM See

Just watched the Bob Monkhouse thing on iPlayer.
Recommended.
Mike Yarwood comes across as a thoroughly nice fella.

Users who are viewing this thread