Transfer Rumour Confirmed - Bradley Collins (4 Viewers)

the rumpo kid

Collins persistence to try and punch or parry the ball away is costing us and doesn't work, for his few mistakes early on in the season Wilson's handling was much better.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Time to bring Wilson back in I think, Collins has been largely good but cant help but worry about his positioning, I think Wilson is the better shotstopper which first and foremost is the important part of being a goalkeeper not being able to pass a ball accurately 60 yards

skyblu3sk

I'm wondering if Robbins is trying to coach something new in to Collins at the moment as I think he's getting worse. It's like he has something on his mind like looking for who he's going to pass to before he catches the ball etc which then makes him drop it as his eye is off the ball. Just trying to think why he's got dramatically worse!

Colin Steins Smile

Collins has led a bit of a charmed life until last night. He seems to spill fairly straight forward shots every game. Luckily he re-gathers them quickly.
I feel most the credit for the clean sheets should go to the back 4 .

On the positive side, he manages to keep the ball in play with his distribution, unlike Wilson.

TomRad85

Bring Wilson back? Fucking hell, no thanks.
Collins was slightly below par last night (there were far worse players on the pitch) but I'd only worry if that was his regular performance level.
Collins and Wilson have both had good runs in the team this season and I'd be very surprised if any of the stats that matter were in Wilsons favour.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

I'm wondering if Robbins is trying to coach something new in to Collins at the moment as I think he's getting worse. It's like he has something on his mind like looking for who he's going to pass to before he catches the ball etc which then makes him drop it as his eye is off the ball. Just trying to think why he's got dramatically worse!
lol Robbings the goalkeeper coach making Collins drop the ball

skyblu3sk

lol Robbings the goalkeeper coach making Collins drop the ball
Lol I have no idea as I say it makes no sense but the only thing I can think of is in trying to speed up distribution they have given him too much to think about otherwise wtf happened 🤣🤣 he looked so solid!

Great_Expectations

The distribution attribute shouldn’t be an issue, as I’m pretty sure he was brought due to his footballing ability, but it’s not evident at this point. He dummies too much it’s actually counter productive and/or his general passing is getting worse and/or he is slow to release.

Not necessarily advocating for Wilson to come back in, but if Collins is in for his footballing ability, he certainly isn’t showing it. Couple that with his apparent inability to catch and only parry, it’s not an ideal situation.

Hopeful he’ll come good and this is just a dip.

Londonccfcfan

Not convinced at all about Collins. Wilson is the better shot stopper. And I don't remember Wilson ever parrying shots consistently like Collins does.

mmttww

I swear all this chat is because one poster mentioned Collins parrying the ball a lot - which ALL keepers do nowadays, for better or worse - and now a bunch of people are building some weird 'Collins isn't good enough' book club. Kinda terrifying.

TomRad85

I swear all this chat is because one poster mentioned Collins parrying the ball a lot - which ALL keepers do nowadays, for better or worse - and now a bunch of people are building some weird 'Collins isn't good enough' book club. Kinda terrifying.
Wilson has a bit of a cult following. It's a bit like replacing Biamou in that regard where he's obviously better but people will choose not to see it.

Skybluefaz

Collins is far superior to Wilson.

That said he's not top quality but Robins seems to like to prioritise the money on the outfield players.

Collins looks to me to be far calmer, there was one moment vs Swansea where he had to come out of the box to make an interception, I think he headed it or chested it to a CB.

He's done that a few times recently, whereas Wilson tended to get stuck in no man's land or just clatter into a player in similar scenarios.

Collins is definitely the better GK for me.

skyblu3sk

Collins is far superior to Wilson.

That said he's not top quality but Robins seems to like to prioritise the money on the outfield players.

Collins looks to me to be far calmer, there was one moment vs Swansea where he had to come out of the box to make an interception, I think he headed it or chested it to a CB.

He's done that a few times recently, whereas Wilson tended to get stuck in no man's land or just clatter into a player in similar scenarios.

Collins is definitely the better GK for me.
I do think he's the better keeper but I also think he's lost some composure recently!

steve101

I think Collins has a lot of improvement to make. His handling is less than convincing. Shots straight at him are not sticking. He is comfortable passing it around at the back and making angles to do so but some of his kicking is poor. Quite a few times he's hit a flat kick straight at an opponent. Still early days though so hopefully he can improve as Wilson did.

fernandopartridge

I think Collins has a lot of improvement to make. His handling is less than convincing. Shots straight at him are not sticking. He is comfortable passing it around at the back and making angles to do so but some of his kicking is poor. Quite a few times he's hit a flat kick straight at an opponent. Still early days though so hopefully he can improve as Wilson did.
He's far better than Wilson all round, it's not blind panic every time a cross comes into the box

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Ideally I’d be dropping £3-4m in the summer and letting Moore and Wilson go I think. Collins is an improvement but I think we could do better if Doug gives us the cash.

PVA

Wilson has a bit of a cult following. It's a bit like replacing Biamou in that regard where he's obviously better but people will choose not to see it.

But Wilson was genuinely decent last season tbf.

Collins is better (despite being poor the last few games), but that doesn't take away from the fact Wilson had a good season last year.

Users who are viewing this thread