Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (40 Viewers)

henry the wasp

A “Friend’s of Group” for our local Hospital are on FB pleading for Decorating Overall,
can only assume they’re desperately short of what they would usually use.

They will be after the type 5/6 tyvek coveralls. Just a paper style suit used for paint spraying cars or weed spraying.

Sick Boy

The death con with Coronavirus is the same as other viruses so will be the same everywhere - it’s why flu deaths have massive ranges depending on what you read

Also lockdowns are going to always have issues as Italy are acknowledging - they are saying that many are flaunting the rules and now the Russian military is going to enforce it

Germany has not had a full lockdown but a very small amount of deaths
@Grendel just to remind you.

Astute

Looks like they’ll still be more locked down than us. Just some factory workers and other jobs going in, lockdown still in place generally.

Anyone got any data on how many people are still working in each country? I get the impression a fair few still are here but it’s hard to tell beyond anecdotes.
My place will stay open whatever happens. The places that supply us are all over Europe. They are staying open. They will be counted as suppliers for those making hygiene products.

But I have mates that were informed they are key workers but are now not working. New rules are made that don't reach the news.

Sick Boy

I was referring to an underclass of Chinese workers which is of course accurate
You blamed the Tuscan community for the outbreak in Lombardia, it’s like blaming a community in Sheffield for an outbreak in London.
It’s a narrative that’s been pushed by the far-right.

Sick Boy

Cheers SB. Just started my second night shift of my birthday. At least I have been able to go out for it :D

Have you got the good weather? And are you able to enjoy it in any way?
Yeah it slowly climbed up to just under 30c yesterday but back down to 25c today. We have a small terrace so have been able to enjoy it enough but of course it’s not the same.
From tomorrow they’ve actually removed a restriction in Veneto so we can finally go for a walk if we are alone and wearing a mask and gloves, better than nothing I suppose!!
I reckon by the end of June everything will be reopened again and I expect to be back in the office in a month’s time.
How are your family getting on in France?

PVA

Ive said we’ve been assured the scheme will be as per the rules very clearly laid out and those people fitting the criteria there is no issues with.

No you said that you and some people you know have already applied.

You can either admit you lied or you can keep digging.

Astute

Yeah it slowly climbed up to just under 30c yesterday but back down to 25c today. We have a small terrace so have been able to enjoy it enough but of course it’s not the same.
From tomorrow they’ve actually removed a restriction in Veneto so we can finally go for a walk if we are alone and wearing a mask and gloves, better than nothing I suppose!!
I reckon by the end of June everything will be reopened again and I expect to be back in the office in a month’s time.
How are your family getting on in France?
Excellent news. Will be great to start getting a little bit of normality back after everything everyone has been through. Good to see the numbers are still going the right way.

Cooled down in France today also. Only about 22c today but gets warmer again tomorrow. Tried talking to wife and kids earlier. She had to go to house as the sheep, frogs and birds were too loud. Kids not been anywhere for a month now but having a great time. 18 year old has been the younger ones teacher. Wife upset about not knowing when she will see me next. But it eases as soon as the wine flows.

Macron is about to make another announcement. Will be to extend the lockdown. Think it will be tonight at 20:30 which is his normal time.

Brylowes

Not quite sure where you’ve heard (or how you’ve interpreted) that. There’s constant re-enforcing of the self isolation message and an underlying narrative that if the public don’t follow the current measures stronger ones could be implemented, however, all I’ve heard by enlarge, is praise for a majority of public’s response to date
Seriously, you don’t think the message they are trying to push home is that the number
Of deaths is dependent on people’s actions regarding the lockdown ‘and nothing at all
To do with the lack of testing, lack of PPE, slow early response, mixed messages, lack
Of clarity regarding lockdown etc.
They are doing what they always do in a situation where blame will inevitably have to
Be laid somewhere and at some point, they are setting the toned, preparing the ground
And it works ‘people already up in arms about people in the park ‘whilst turning a blind
Eye to Nurses dying through lack of PPE.

Grendel

You blamed the Tuscan community for the outbreak in Lombardia, it’s like blaming a community in Sheffield for an outbreak in London.
It’s a narrative that’s been pushed by the far-right.

No I said it’s a possible cause due to high concentration of Chinese - many treated appallingly - and the fact it is many more flights to and from there on a regular basis.

It also of course sparked a string of racist attacks on Chinese in Italy who blamed them - here are some far right publications discussing this

'As if we were the disease': coronavirus brings prejudice for Italy's Chinese workers

China, Italy, and Coronavirus: Geopolitics and Propaganda

Italy | Global Slavery Index

Astute

Seriously, you don’t think the message they are trying to push home is that the number
Of deaths is dependent on people’s actions regarding the lockdown ‘and nothing at all
To do with the lack of testing, lack of PPE, slow early response, mixed messages, lack
Of clarity regarding lockdown etc.
They are doing what they always do in a situation where blame will inevitably have to
Be laid somewhere and at some point, they are setting the toned, preparing the ground
And it works ‘people already up in arms about people in the park ‘whilst turning a blind
Eye to Nurses dying through lack of PPE.
The spread of the virus isn't down to any single event. But idiots not doing as advised spreads it faster. Having freedom to move around easily should change. It is those spreading it around that are then infecting those looking after them.

Sick Boy

No I said it’s a possible cause due to high concentration of Chinese - many treated appallingly - and the fact it is many more flights to and from there on a regular basis.

It also of course sparked a string of racist attacks on Chinese in Italy who blamed them - here are some far right publications discussing this

'As if we were the disease': coronavirus brings prejudice for Italy's Chinese workers

China, Italy, and Coronavirus: Geopolitics and Propaganda

Italy | Global Slavery Index
Hahaha classic!!

Let’s just ignore the fact that you were trying to suggest the Tuscan Chinese community were to blame like the far right have done here.

I doubt those publications were trying to spread the same bullshit that you were.

Brylowes

I was referring to an underclass of Chinese workers which is of course accurate
I’m sure I’ve seen something of this, were they connected to the motor industry
Maybe upholstery or something, I’m sure the bulk of those coming over were
From the Wuhan area.

Grendel

That link is paywalled for me and I'm not going to be contributing to a paper which has morons like Toby Young writing for it, so could you paste the part where the Russian military are enforcing lockdown in Italy

Yawn yawn Toby Young

Grendel

Hahaha classic!!

Let’s just ignore the fact that you were trying to suggest the Tuscan Chinese community were to blame like the far right have done here.

I doubt those publications were trying to spread the same bullshit that you were.

Says the Italian minister of propaganda

shmmeee

It's only like any market in any of the far east, nothing in what I saw of that clip was alarming

i saw some reporting that they’re limiting animals for consumption and for example removing dog from the list. The weirdest thing I saw on the new list was raccoon I think. Looks like there’s going to be some changes in terms of what’s eaten legally even if the conditions don’t improve. Small wins. They must realise what impact this is going to have on their international reputation.

Grendel

Stage 3 of the Grendel school of arguing. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Caught lying out your arse three times in one day, Grenners. Must be a new record.

arent you a subscriber either David?

SeaSeeEffCee

arent you a subscriber either David?
David? Thought you were against tinfoil hat conspiracy theories? Guess have to constantly deflect from the utter bullshit you post is starting to get to you.

For anyone whose not keeping track it's now having already signed up for a not yet active furlough system, the Russian army enforcing lockdown in Italy and illegal immigrants in Tuscany causing an outbreak in Lombardia that Grendel here has lied about and is desperately trying to deflect from.

Maybe it's Macron or the EU's fault that you somehow can't stop the ever-flow stream of utter bullshit flowing from your mouth. You haven't randomly brought them up for while.

Grendel

I’ve held my hands up and said that I was majorly wrong.
Pathetic attempt at deflecting again.

It’s not though and you were still saying it after shake hands gate and yet with hindsight are one of the chief agitators on that discussion

Users who are viewing this thread