Cov fans fighting eachother (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

They did actually

When? Nothing like these days. It's every week in League 2.

Smoke bombs are another thing that were rare until we dropped to League 2.

Ashdown

I have to agree. I think this applies to German society as a whole...basically they don’t behave like arseholes*. I also went to watch Hamburg earlier this year. It was brilliant. Great atmosphere, beers flowing. I’m pretty sure people were having a pint whilst watching the game. It was against Bayern so the Hamburg end was pretty much full of Bayern fans...not a hint of trouble. Essentially I think people are trusted and expected to behave themselves...follow the rules etc etc.
*im sure some people in Germany behave like arseholes on occasions.
Worked for a German company for 12 years, very civilised and decent people as a rule, looked after employees too. They make great products, great beer, fantastic manufacturing industry provides a trade surplus to be admired. They work hard but know how to have a good time. Went to watch an England match in a boozer in Berlin a few years back, can't remember the opponents but I couldn't believe how many Germans in there were all cheering for us !

letsallsingtogether

I know them they are the ones me and my brother had a confrontation with at FGR over those racist remarks.
We wern't there yesterday but they really need reporting.
One used to post on here ( not gonna mention his name so don't ask).
Problem is they can't hold their drink should really give it up and drink lemonade.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know them they are the ones me and my brother had a confrontation with at FGR over those racist remarks.
We wern't there yesterday but they really need reporting.
One used to post on here ( not gonna mention his name so don't ask).
Problem is they can't hold their drink should really give it up and drink lemonade.

I’ve heard this group described as being Middle Aged and also late twenties, so I’m not sure if people are talking about two different groups, or it’s a cover up, for @clint van damme @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 @covcity4life and @Otis to keep causing havoc at matches!!! All jokes aside, having a ST doesn’t give you the right to just behave how you want.

Saturday was the 7th away game ive done this season where we’ve had the pitch invasions and smoke bombs.

In my opinion this season, our Away Support has massively improved in numbers and noise but a huge part of that seems to be because of the stag do mentality that’s come in at Away games this season.

M&B Stand

Worked for a German company for 12 years, very civilised and decent people as a rule, looked after employees too. They make great products, great beer, fantastic manufacturing industry provides a trade surplus to be admired. They work hard but know how to have a good time. Went to watch an England match in a boozer in Berlin a few years back, can't remember the opponents but I couldn't believe how many Germans in there were all cheering for us !

Germans like beer, sausages and football, they’re basically English with a funny accent. I worked there in the 90’s they love England in my experience...they are also more civilised as you say.

Tommo72

I’ve heard this group described as being Middle Aged and also late twenties, so I’m not sure if people are talking about two different groups, or it’s a cover up, for @clint van damme @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 @covcity4life and @Otis to keep causing havoc at matches!!! All jokes aside, having a ST doesn’t give you the right to just behave how you want.

Saturday was the 7th away game ive done this season where we’ve had the pitch invasions and smoke bombs.

In my opinion this season, our Away Support has massively improved in numbers and noise but a huge part of that seems to be because of the stag do mentality that’s come in at Away games this season.

I agree to a certain extent but some of them go a bit too far and can make it difficult for other supporters, especially those with kids. I’ve seen plenty of examples when pack mentality has intimidated fellow supporters, not good if your own make you feel uncomfortable at an Away game.

Sky Blue Harry H

Germans like beer, sausages and football, they’re basically English with a funny accent. I worked there in the 90’s they love England in my experience...they are also more civilised as you say.

I agree - been involved in twinning in the past (Bruhl near Cologne) - found their sense of humour is very similar, and yes they really do seem to have an affinity with us. Not sure why - just what I've found.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I agree to a certain extent but some of them go a bit too far and can make it difficult for other supporters, especially those with kids. I’ve seen plenty of examples when pack mentality has intimidated fellow supporters, not good if your own make you feel uncomfortable at an Away game.

I get that, I just meant from a neutrals point of view, of the ten away games I’ve done, apart from Cambridge and Accrington, there’s been a stag do mentality before, during and after the game! I was in Amsterdam for the England game and that was the same scenario but to another level.

The Lurker

If it's the same group I saw then they are a mix of middle aged men and a fe late 20s early 30s. I think they sit towards the back of block 16 at the ricoh.

From what I saw the lads kicking off consisted of a group of young lads late teens early 20’s fighting a group of blokes in there 60’s it went on for over 5 mins before the stewards and finally police arrived I felt sorry for a young kid caught up in the middle of it too

Tommo72

I get that, I just meant from a neutrals point of view, of the ten away games I’ve done, apart from Cambridge and Accrington, there’s been a stag do mentality before, during and after the game! I was in Amsterdam for the England game and that was the same scenario but to another level.

Yeh and I agree it has added for sure but like on Saturday I was on Row A with my lad and with all the lads massing for most of the game at the front it was uncomfortable etc - don’t get me wrong I’m the first with limbs in the air etc but for my lad it’s a bit intimidating. Plus he could hardly see and had to stand on the seat lol.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Unreserved seating is very rare these days. There are always a few muppets that think they can do what they want..

I remember a few seasons ago when we played Sheff Utd away last game, people turned up late from the bars and couldn't get into their seats as we were told to sit anyway. It all kicked off then. Morons.

Tommo72

I remember a few seasons ago when we played Sheff Utd away last game, people turned up late from the bars and couldn't get into their seats as we were told to sit anyway. It all kicked off then. Morons.

I had an 18/19 year old smashed out his face on Saturday intermittently stepping on my foot and being an over excited prick, trouble is you make a deal of it you end up dealing with 7 or 8 of them so it’s not worth the bother. Just think the younger lot today have very little awareness of anybody else at times... (trying not to be too generalistic).

Sky Blue Harry H

I think we should identify any trouble-makers (no need for violence between our own fans) then get together and kick the sh*t out of them

th

torchomatic

I had an 18/19 year old smashed out his face on Saturday intermittently stepping on my foot and being an over excited prick, trouble is you make a deal of it you end up dealing with 7 or 8 of them so it’s not worth the bother. Just think the younger lot today have very little awareness of anybody else at times... (trying not to be too generalistic).

We were lucky. Surrounded by oldies (like me). The only issue we had was a lad standing on his chair in-front of my son. This lad was wearing a massive sombrero so my lad couldn't see. He just hopped into the empty seats behind us and he was fine. I don't do many away games because of the mentality of some of our fans. It even pissed me off when they wouldn't give the ball back to the Cheltenham keeper.

Liquid Gold

If someones in my seat then I just go and find another empty one if someone ask me to move then I do or ask people to shuffle along. People are generally fine as long as you don't act like a dick.

Someone was in my seat Saturday so I found a gap where we'd fit, the ticket holders turned up and said we were in their spot so I asked a bloke 5a few spaces along to shuffle up a bit he told me he was stood at his seat and I told him we'd leave if the empties next to him turned up. Nobody did and we spent the game chatting with those around us with a few random hugs when the goals went in. Not difficult.

Don't ever be at my seat at the Ricoh though.

Tommo72

We were lucky. Surrounded by oldies (like me). The only issue we had was a lad standing on his chair in-front of my son. This lad was wearing a massive sombrero so my lad couldn't see. He just hopped into the empty seats behind us and he was fine. I don't do many away games because of the mentality of some of our fans. It even pissed me off when they wouldn't give the ball back to the Cheltenham keeper.

I’ve been taking my lad to away games for 5 years now and he’s used to the mentality of our followings etc but the amount of dickheads has risen substantially in my opinion. Should we get to the Playoffs and the Semi is against Notts County then I will probably leave him at home for the Away leg because it will be toxic for sure.

torchomatic

I’ve been taking my lad to away games for 5 years now and he’s used to the mentality of our followings etc but the amount of dickheads has risen substantially in my opinion. Should we get to the Playoffs and the Semi is against Notts County then I will probably leave him at home for the Away leg because it will be toxic for sure.

Yeah, same here. My son is twelve and I think he was around five or so when we first started going away. We don't do them all. Maybe 7-10 a season. I think we will miss the away leg whoever (and if ever) we draw. I think the cocks will certainly be abundant at a playoff semi.

Sterling Archer

I don't know whether it's being reported more but it certainly seems as though the behaviour of a section of our away fans has deteroirated these season?

Sky Blue Harry H

If it's the same group I saw then they are a mix of middle aged men and a fe late 20s early 30s. I think they sit towards the back of block 16 at the ricoh.
Medium

Liquid - without revealing your identity (unless you are one dressed as a superhero!) are you in this picture (I'm two rows in front of Thor - looking a bit serious!) Only asking as you said you thought we were sat near each other?

Users who are viewing this thread