coventry blaze (1 Viewer)

Tad

They played out thre skin tonight. Well done guys!

Couldn't help but laugh at the end though. Future head coach Matty won the 50/50 raffle. He spent the winnings on a ton of booze for them to celebrate haha

urbanbushmonkey

They played out thre skin tonight. Well done guys!

Couldn't help but laugh at the end though. Future head coach Matty won the 50/50 raffle. He spent the winnings on a ton of booze for them to celebrate haha

Are the semi finals this weekend or next?

urbanbushmonkey

This weekend. We play against the Belfast Giants at 5pm in Nottingham.

Tough choice - Brentford at a 1/3 full Ricoh with a chorus of moans after 5 mins when someone misplaces a pass and 'sisu out chants' ever 20 mins or Nottingham to see a fun fast paced game with massively passionate fans.

When are tickets on sale?

coundonskyblue

Despite the numerous Blaze games I've been to before, it has suddenly struck me how much different the blaze and sky blues are.

For a start the lack of national media attention means that any hockey fan in Coventry is automatically a blaze fan. These guys truly do represent and fight for our city.

The club treats its landlord with respect. When the blaze were in trouble they ASKED for a rent reduction, not DEMANDED, and low and behold their landlord gave them a reduction.

The club also treats its fans with the upmost respect. When you attend a game up get the feeling you are genuinely appreciated.

The Blaze really are what a club should be. It pains me to say it but ccfc look disgusting next to the blaze at the moment.

I would far rather have the blaze representing my city at the moment that the football club. The sky blues need to learn from them.

urbanbushmonkey

Despite the numerous Blaze games I've been to before, it has suddenly struck me how much different the blaze and sky blues are.

For a start the lack of national media attention means that any hockey fan in Coventry is automatically a blaze fan. These guys truly do represent and fight for our city.

The club treats its landlord with respect. When the blaze were in trouble they ASKED for a rent reduction, not DEMANDED, and low and behold their landlord gave them a reduction.

The club also treats its fans with the upmost respect. When you attend a game up get the feeling you are genuinely appreciated.

The Blaze really are what a club should be. It pains me to say it but ccfc look disgusting next to the blaze at the moment.

I would far rather have the blaze representing my city at the moment that the football club. The sky blues need to learn from them.

Completely agree. Went to my first hockey match in ages last night as a spur of the moment thing and loved it despite the result. The atmosphere was excellent. Also I enjoyed how the home and away fans mingle and there is no trouble.

Tad

Tough choice - Brentford at a 1/3 full Ricoh with a chorus of moans after 5 mins when someone misplaces a pass and 'sisu out chants' ever 20 mins or Nottingham to see a fun fast paced game with massively passionate fans.

When are tickets on sale?

I'm saddened to say, this is the last game of the season. In hockey we end it on the playoffs weekend. It's 2 days full of ice hockey and the winner gets the playoff trophy.

Fans from all the teams get together and head to the Nottingham arena.

You can find out more and the prices etc here: http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/play-off-finals-tickets-p181296

coundonskyblue

<p>
I'm saddened to say, this is the last game of the season. In hockey we end it on the playoffs weekend. It's 2 days full of ice hockey and the winner gets the playoff trophy. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Fans from all the teams get together and head to the Nottingham arena.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You can find out more and the prices etc here: http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/play-off-finals-tickets-p181296

Don't suppose you know if there are any tickets left in the Blaze blocks?

Tad

<p>

Don't suppose you know if there are any tickets left in the Blaze blocks?

Not sure. You have to phone Nottingham up now as the arena are the ones organising it all. After last nights win that sees us going through, I bet there's been a massive wave of people trying to get tickets, so I doubt it. They do sell tickets in the general section though. It just means you won't be next to the Blaze fans.

The weekend is a bit pricey, but it is worth going to. It's kinda like a massive hockey party with fans from all teams there and some really high tempo hockey. The playoffs mean a lot to the fans, the league and Playoffs are considered the best things to win.

i went there when steelers beat us in the final, all the other teams fans against blaze but it was still mainly panthers and steelers singing at each other. prices are bit expensive though.

hopefully theyll have the final on sky again.

Tad

i went there when steelers beat us in the final, all the other teams fans against blaze but it was still mainly panthers and steelers singing at each other. prices are bit expensive though.

hopefully theyll have the final on sky again.

If you can't go there, you could always try the EPL Playoffs. It's the same weekend, at the Skydome and its cheaper. Of course, the quality isn't there, but its still fun.

Macca

I went a few times and concur with the above. However the sport itself bored the piss out of me

Tad

I went a few times and concur with the above. However the sport itself bored the piss out of me

That's kinda the problem I'm developing with football if I'm honest. Nothing happens for large chunks of the game sometimes - sometimes, nothing happens at all. Gets really tedious at times.

Tad

What is the EPL?

EPL is short for the English Premier League. There are three divisions of ice hockey in the UK. There's the:

Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL)
- its the top division in British hockey.

English Premier Ice Hockey League (EPIHL)
- This is considered the middle division.

National Ice Hockey League (NIHL)
- that's usually where youngsters start.

The problem UK hockey has, is it doesn't get much coverage or media attention, so funding for these leagues is quite hard. The EPL have players that usually have another job along side playing hockey. Most NIHL players don't even get paid.

The playoffs are different in ice hockey. There's no promotion or relegation from the EPL to the EIHL or so on. The playoffs is a cup tournament that many consider to be the best thing you can win. Because its a shorter tournament then the league, the hockey is usually at a higher tempo too.

Last edited:
there should be promotion and relegation i think. would help the likes of edinburgh dundee guildford and bracknell etc. attendanced would rise for them and would give a fresh feel to the season. definately should have all the leagues together for a knockout cup

saturdays match though is on cwr from 6

Tad

there should be promotion and relegation i think. would help the likes of edinburgh dundee guildford and bracknell etc. attendanced would rise for them and would give a fresh feel to the season. definately should have all the leagues together for a knockout cup

saturdays match though is on cwr from 6

Promotion and relegation wouldn't work in the leagues. There's not enough money or the rinks aren't suitable to hold enough fans.

The quality and money between in the EPL and EIHL is too big. The EIHL has already lost Manchester Phoenix and Basingstoke Bison to the EPL due to money. London Racers and Newcastle Vipers are no longer for that very reason, and we nearly lost Hull Stingrays not that long ago too.

So, as you can see. Financially, its tough to work out the best move with things balancing on such a knife edge.

I think the conference system now in place is one of the better moves the league has done, I think it does need more teams in each division though - how, is another matter though...

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

<p>
Promotion and relegation wouldn't work in the leagues. There's not enough money or the rinks aren't suitable to hold enough fans.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The quality and money between in the EPL and EIHL is too big. The EIHL has already lost Manchester Phoenix and Basingstoke Bison to the EPL due to money. London Racers and Newcastle Vipers are no longer for that very reason, and we nearly lost Hull Stingrays not that long ago too.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>So, as you can see. Financially, its tough to work out the best move with things balancing on such a knife edge.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I think the conference system now in place is one of the better moves the league has done, I think it does need more teams in each division though - how, is another matter though...

Didn't the Blaze buy the Stingrays when they nearly went under?

<p>

Didn't the Blaze buy the Stingrays when they nearly went under?

yes and prety sure that pressure was too much for blaze who then had there own troubles. hull now are owned by their assistant coach who has been with the club for a fair while.

hull are one of the teams i like blaze playing, unpredictable with the likes of hand and smith

the leeb brothers have retired then, and thommo is trying to secure schutte and olson.

on another note, big doug christianson has gone from belfast to sheffield. wish it was to blaze though

Tad

Shea Guthrie has left the Blaze. Gone to Sweden to play for Thommo's team.

Last edited:

Tad

i wasnt to bothered with him going, maybe try and get galbraith to replace him?

We do need that sort of player, I just dont think him though. He's just not consistent enough. One minute he's the best points player in the league, the next he's horrendous. He seemed to slow last season. Just look at his drop in form this season to last.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12832

I would say someone like Tendler, but he's already re-signed to Hull.

Last edited:

Tad

2013/14 Team so far:

Netminder:

Defence:

Mike Egener (C)
Mike Schutte
Benn Olson
James Griffin

Forwards:

Mike Henrich

Users who are viewing this thread