Match Thread Coventry City - Colchester United Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (1 Viewer)

Grendel

about on budget and still early days this season, lets not panic just yet

On budget is bollocks as no one knows whose spent what. What is certain is the relative spend of some clubs above us is much lower.

What's also certain is the complete lack of attempt at playing entertaining or winning football will mean fans will not be returning in any significant numbers.

Give him another 4 weeks than sack him if it doesn't change.

clint van damme

Most of results went our way

A week for robins to work on attack. Beat luton away and momentum is well and truly back

Thay said.....ill take the draw

we were saying this sort of stuff at the start of this week following the Barnet and Accrington results,

chiefdave

Sky "highlights" 40 secs which includes prolonged coverage of their captain getting his 2 yellows! Says it all really - dreadful game
What on earth did he think he was doing for the second. Was always going to be a second yellow for that no matter how much they all protested.

stupot07

What on earth did he think he was doing for the second. Was always going to be a second yellow for that no matter how much they all protested.
Tbf to him 9/10 that gets blown as a foul on the defender. Still you should play to the whistle and that was a school boy error. The ref would have bottled that in thr Prem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just got home from Cov,Cannot see what McNulty and Beavon offer us up front?
I've never been so bored at a game,Spent most of it chatting to my mate.
Yes we look solid at the back but surely there is someone at the club whatever age who can score?
Doyle and Kelly look solid but are to alike we need an attacking midfielder who can find a striker.

Otis

Just got home from Cov,Cannot see what McNulty and Beavon offer us up front?
I've never been so bored at a game,Spent most of it chatting to my mate.
Yes we look solid at the back but surely there is someone at the club whatever age who can score?
Doyle and Kelly look solid but are to alike we need an attacking midfielder who can find a striker.
Think we were all hoping that would be Stevenson, but he's shown nothing so far.

stevefloyd

Maybe play stevenson as well as Doyle and Kelly one of them could play further up the pitch looking for forward runs

Esoterica

Who was it that Nazon was going nuts at after he's tripped in the 2nd half?. 5 mins 35 on the extended highlights.

oucho

On budget is bollocks as no one knows whose spent what. What is certain is the relative spend of some clubs above us is much lower.

What's also certain is the complete lack of attempt at playing entertaining or winning football will mean fans will not be returning in any significant numbers.

Give him another 4 weeks than sack him if it doesn't change.

I was with you for the first two lines of that. As for sacking ANOTHER manager, where is it shown that sacking managers every year brings long-term success?

Grimmer went mad at him first.
Someone said that JG was laying into Duck for his lack of effort! Sounds like Duck yelled back at him...

Esoterica

3 now, today acceptable ?
Great result today, it doesn't change that the last 4 games weren't though. What encouraged me was that Robins made brave decisions from the start. Not just Ponticelli, which is the obvious one, but combining him with McNulty, a very high back line which pushed our whole team up and gave us options down the middle as well as flanks, letting Vincenti play on the right instead of looking awkward at left mid - there was lots he got spot on today.
It changes nothing for me yet though as we've performed great against the good teams all season. I still think we've got the best squad in this league, I still think we should already be top of the league by a mile, I still think there's a lot of time left in the season, I still have serious question marks over our tactics against shit defensive teams - of which there will be many more like that than playing a high open game like Luton. If the next time we play such a team Robins continues to be brave, surprise and achieve a better balance between attacking and defending I'll be delighted as it will be the start of making the difference between play offs and autos.
Sometimes I think you don't read what is being said and just dismiss comments that aren't glowing praise without processing what's actually being said.

ccfcway

I still think we've got the best squad in this league, I still think we should already be top of the league by a mile,

Sometimes I think you don't read what is being said and just dismiss comments that aren't glowing praise without processing what's actually being said.

So how would you explain that I don’t think we should be top by a country mile ?

Users who are viewing this thread