Match Thread Coventry City - Port Vale Match Thread - Saturday 9th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Biamou back in his suit talking to duck by the pitch

Nick

Administrator
10 men in our own half. This is dreadful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hopefully he isn't trying to defend the one goal. Could bite us on the arse, only takes a flick on from their striker for a goal or a corner or something.

Need another goal really

Grendel

What is the point in Vincenti???

Literally a joke, no impact at all.

Overall: Great goal but PISS POOR

He's won every ball in the air and is effective as a blocker when they move forward.

fernandopartridge

1-0 flatters us. Far too deep. Agree on Vincenti, he's been wank, struggling with the simple things. Full backs too deep.
On the other hand they haven't threatened apart from the numerous stupid free kicks we give away.
Not sure what role Andreu is playing

Great_Expectations

This is so so poor.

It's playground tactics - aim for the tallest player or let the fastest player run with the ball.

We need to get Andreu in the game, he's finding space but nobody is finding him.

There's no tempo or flow to the game, we are too defensive at home against a team doing poorly, BUT we are winning.

Nick

Administrator
1-0 flatters us. Far too deep. Agree on Vincenti, he's been wank, struggling with the simple things. Full backs too deep.
On the other hand they haven't threatened apart from the numerous stupid free kicks we give away.
Not sure what role Andreu is playing

He's wasted there, he needs the ball at his feet to make things happen. Just running about with beavon

Grendel

He's wasted there, he needs the ball at his feet to make things happen. Just running about with beavon

Thing is though he'd have to take Doyle out the team. He won't. He should but he won't.

Otis

Right. .......

Very poor goal from a Port Vale perspective. Lovely finish by Jones, but just how much time and space did they allow him?

Been impressed with Vincenti today. Lovely flicks and a nice touch at times. Grimmer looking good and lovely to see McDonald back. Already looking like a player of the season player for us.

Not sure I care at all for the Port Vale brand of non football. Makes for very poor viewing.

Nice to see Burge punch one there. Firm and away from the goal. He's done alright apart from the kicking.

Andreu has been pretty quiet. A couple of lovely bits of play, but not at all imposing himself on the game.

Jones, obviously very lively.

Need to stop these incessant silly free kicks in dangerous positions.Do that and we should be fine. Port Vale are incredibly one dimensional

Johnnythespider

Glad we are winning but it is a shit game of football, I would have liked to see Nazon come on for McNulty. Hoping we can put in a better second half and score a couple more

Otis

I see a few posters having a pop at Vincenti.

I think he had done quite well and is winning a fair bit in the air
Couple of nice flicks and tackles too.

stevefloyd

Right. .......

Very poor goal from a Port Vale perspective. Lovely finish by Jones, but just how much time and space did they allow him?

Been impressed with Vincenti today. Lovely flicks and a nice touch at times. Grimmer looking good and lovely to see McDonald back. Already looking like a player of the season player for us.

Not sure I care at all for the Port Vale brand of non football. Makes for very poor viewing.

Nice to see Burge one there. Firm and away from the goal. He's done alright apart from the kicking.

Andreu has been pretty quiet. A couple of lovely bits of play, but not at all imposing himself on the game.

Jones, obviously very lively.

Need to stop these incessant silly free kicks in dangerous positions.Do that and we should be fine. Port Vale are incredibly one dimensional
Want to see them being non dimensional

singers_pore

Not sure why Vincenti is getting so much grief. This looks like one of his best games for us. Stokes and Grimmer need to get forward more. Beavon has done nothing since coming on. Only Jones looks to be a threat up front. Should bring on the Duck.

Johnnythespider

I see a few posters having a pop at Vincenti.

I think he had done quite well and is winning a fair bit in the air
Couple of nice flicks and tackles too.
I would agree with that

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Get The kid on,He will score if your good enough your old enough.
Age is no barrier,He will frighten the fook out of them!!!

lifeskyblue

Incenti had a decent half. A few tackles, one moment of skill (followed by awful pass), and expecting too much from the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

For injured in the warm up and replaced by Ponticelli on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Eakin is stupid at times.

He is saying that people are saying on social media that Ponticelli is on the bench, but has responded with 'as far as we are aware it IS Biamou on the bench, but we will check that!!'

You're in the press box you numpty. All he needed to do was to look at the pitch. Ponticelli was there kicking the ball about at hal time and Biamou clearly wasn't there.

Nick

Administrator
Decent play, beavon header back to Kelly. Scuffs it a bit. He was probably scared being so far forward. Everything opened up for him

Users who are viewing this thread