Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (5 Viewers)

Astute

Well this looks stupid now
Does it?

Maybe it does to your fan club.

I said I would be happy with a draw. I was slaughtered for that also by those not knowledgeable about football.

JohnWH

oof.
Seriously question if there's some sort of curse.
I'll read the meltdowns tomorrow.
Wishing best for Saka that looked painful.

Jamesimus

MVE is fucking shite I don’t care what anyone says. If he didn’t wear his sock low and fist bump at the end of the game no one would rate him

He’s definitely not. Been one of our most consistent players this season. He’s a good player regardless of this game. He hasn’t had very many bad games.

skyblue_55

The wheels have come off so far ….. an awful lot of defensive mistakes & where is our midfield.
I can’t see why Bidwell isn’t on , as JDS has had a mare & the second goal will haunt him ( strange as he gifted Preston the opener up there )
Well let’s hope for better …… surely it can’t get worse ?

RegTheDonk

Why are people waving phone lights??? Is it a take that concert???
Because we haven't any white flags?

Well, that was the most disjointed pile of shit I've seen since the toilet wouldn't flush.

JDS showed great tricks in their box, shame he tried the same in ours.

Hope Tats isn't too bad.

CCFCSteve

Well that was bad. Strange selection by Robins and paid for it badly. No commanding or area or organisation at the back…..but WTF is wrong with half our fans. Booing, waiving phone lights during the game. Fuming

Ps fair play to Simmo. Only one to come out that half with any credit

jay2015

More than 3 pounts from playoff be more after the weekend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223-205127_Flashscore.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223-205127_Flashscore.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 14

Brighton Sky Blue

I have never in my life left a game at half time until tonight. Absolutely awful with zero redeeming features whatsoever.

Did a much better job attacking our own goal than theirs. How to end your season in 45 minutes.

WBA will score 10

Skybluecol

Crappy long kick that lead to the injury too. Collins would have passed it out like a boss.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I'd like to agree but the defensive set up (as well as Prestons setup) doesn't allow for us to receive the ball short.

slowpoke

Obviously we can point fingers at defence but our forwards are shocking, we have had chances, one or two decent crosses but how do we get our shots so high. Simms is putting the effort in to be fair and there’s some crafty fouling from PNE going on, poor ref tonight.
But I remind you all we get performances like this now and again, remember Stoke at home last season 0-6 and we were lucky it was only six yet still made the play-offs. So come on chins up.

Nick

Administrator
I think that's having the clown behind them, remember last season it needed McFadz to coach players through as they obviously get nothing from Wilson.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That's what I mean, nobody giving a shout to the defenders.

The one where mve kicked it out an example.

ms639

They’ve all been shite but Wilson, Da Silva and Eccles have been fucking dreadful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

long way home

We don't look up for the fight against these, we are being bullied, out fought and this is what they do. I cant see why anyone thinks these play the game the right way. But if you dont compete and stand toe to toe the result and outcome is obvious.

This is our Stoke last season ...... We look shattered..

Dhinsa's_Millions

Lati is fine as a backup centre back. He is not comfortable enough in possession to play in midfield against a team pressing us like Preston are.

Bidwell for DaSilva, Torp for Lati, Kitching for Binks at half time.
I feel for Lati as he's jack of all trades master of none! Not his fault being selected. Kelly can't be that bad can he?

Otis

Robins is fucked whatever he does. There’s too many games and no enough players and he knew that coming out of the transfer window. He has to rotate more than he’d like and has to hope players coming in can do a job against decent opposition when in truth he knows some of them just aren’t good enough. The alternative is you play the same XI three times in a week and they all get muscle injuries and everyone on here is going mental about him not resting players. The performance tonight has been coming and some of the responsibility for it is in the boardroom.
Yup.

Robins has been fabulous for us. I am not having it that suddenly he is clueless and hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

Fatigue, injuries, knocks.

I would have played Bidwell instead of JDS if it was me, but I am not inside the club and privvy to form,. injuries, illnesses or knocks etc.

I think tonight was always going to be a tough ask with the players we have out

No idea why so many were predicting easy wins for us.

Users who are viewing this thread