Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (5 Viewers)

ms639

I have never in my life left a game at half time until tonight. Absolutely awful with zero redeeming features whatsoever.

Did a much better job attacking our own goal than theirs. How to end your season in 45 minutes.

WBA will score 10

Leaving at HT is unforgivable. Don’t come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Of all the players to dig out you pick Eccles? He's been nowhere near our worst player.

I’ve already called Lati, Eccles, JDS and Wilson.

The forward play hasn’t been too bad, there’s no control in midfield and players like JDS have just been sloppy.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We look so laboured, second to everything. Get Kelly on for Lati so we can at least try and win the ball back

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's been 5 days since the last game and Mark Robins gives the players 3 days off.

And this is what happens.

Please don't tell me the players need a rest. 🤬🤬🤬

SJ80

MVE is fucking shite I don’t care what anyone says. If he didn’t wear his sock low and fist bump at the end of the game no one would rate him
Not a fucking clue at all with that statement !! Been one of our best players all season

Astute

They’re not even a very good team. Of all the shitty sides to have a hoodoo against.
They play the high press well. They are good at dark arts. Sides that play possession football struggle against them. We need to go long ball as their defence go up the pitch.

They let lots in. Not over yet. Most probably is though.

Alkhen

I have never in my life left a game at half time until tonight. Absolutely awful with zero redeeming features whatsoever.

Did a much better job attacking our own goal than theirs. How to end your season in 45 minutes.

WBA will score 10
Ha what a wimp.

Bet you felt the same after Stoke last year. Just man up and take a bad performance for what it is you drama queen

Blind-Faith

They’ve all been awful tonight, it’s Luton away all over again! Accept this time, it’s Preston and we’re the home team 🤦🏻‍♂️

Atleast Haji looks like he actually gives a shit tonight, unlike some of them out there.

Brighton Sky Blue

They play the high press well. They are good at dark arts. Sides that play possession football struggle against them. We need to go long ball as their defence go up the pitch.

They let lots in. Not over yet. Most probably is though.
I haven’t seen them do anything special. Just kick the ball in the vague direction of the goal and the defence parts for them and even puts it in the net.

glasgowfan

Yup.

Robins has been fabulous for us. I am not having it that suddenly he is clueless and hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

Fatigue, injuries, knocks.

I would have played Bidwell instead of JDS if it was me, but I am not inside the club and privvy to form,. injuries, illnesses or knocks etc.

I think tonight was always going to be a tough ask with the players we have out

No idea why so many were predicting easy wins for us.
Hey, common-sense comments aren't allowed here

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Square pegs in round holes works for 25 mins, it doesn't work week in, week out.

Robins has alienated his club captain and natural cm and I have no idea why. We've git away with it for weeks but today it's come home to roost

well the answer is because Kelly is not up to the standard required

Lati is a defensive midfielder, at best, he won’t do any fancy midfield work but he will (and does) sit and break play up, the problem is he needs a decent midfielder along side him and unfortunately Eccles isn’t it - positioning poor, passing poor (tonight at least) it doesn’t help when you’ve got someone playing out of position to have someone who isn’t able to understand and back that up

Our midfield tonight might as well not be there

I think we seemed to give up the play off fight when we didn’t look to strengthen the squad in January, and then Robins almost seemingly to emphasise that point started fucking about with the team and particularly the back five who looked settled and strong (albeit Kitching’s red card didn’t help).

ms639

I blame the day trippers in blocks 10 and 11 and the rainbow flags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Looks like we've gone to 3 at the back with Palmer dropping into the middle.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread