Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Fair enough, but the fans have turned up in good numbers to watch us exit the League Cup in the first round most seasons. Not least at Burton last year.
Not sure that's at all relevant given he was talking specifically about the FA cup

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I think Robins will field a fairly strong team. I’m sure memories of Wrexham will still be there and Oxford are a decent team currently in the division one play-off positions.

StrettoBoy

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks Dasilva
Kelly Ayari Sheaf
Tavares Simms Palmer

S: Collins, MvE, Thomas, Eccles, Allen, Sakamoto, O’Hare, Wright, Godden

I think that's not a bad shout but with Ayari now gone I would replace him with Allen. We have good players on the bench to bring on if we need to because Robins won't want a replay.

My only other thought is that, with Tatsu in his current form, he could probably beat them on his own so how about:

Wilson

Tatsu Tavares

With that strong lineup we don't really need Tavares but he needs a game to help him get match fit and Robins will want to have a look at him in a competitive fixture.

🙂

theferret

To be fair to him he's right, the gate at home to Wrexham last year was significantly down on the league average. Same this year. If the FA cup is magical to people surely they'd turn up with tickets half price.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It was only 2K down on league average and bigger than some league gates. Helped by a big away following of course.

All clubs outside of a select few get reduced gates when playing lower league opposition in the early FA cup rounds. Lots of Championship clubs today at home will get very low gates. If we're looking at 15K+ today that's very healthy. Not sure why it's almost being used as an excuse for not taking it seriously.

For cup games, you start from a base of 0. For league games we only sell around 4K tickets per match above ST holders. All those ST holders that don't turn up but are still counted won't be counted at all today. There will be more there today than the Stoke cup game, for a 12.30 game against a L1 team. Decent that.

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

Did I read somewhere that international fans can watch this somewhere? Any info gladly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstar

He will be a side forward I assume. I know u like to poke fun at the kid but I'm interested to see how he does in this formation. Could be a bonus option for is

Exactly this. Might be a good chance to see Simms out wide similarly to Wright and see how he fares especially if we are looking at Langstaff coming in up front. Might turn out to be a good option some days to rest saka and play him there if he performs. He does well running the channels from what I've seen so not a bad option to pursue.

larry_david

Do I have to set up an account or something to watch it on bet365?
Yeah but usually just deposit money and it plays. I was watching a bit of spurs on it last night. There's no commentary and the picture can be small depend how you watch it but that's what I'll be doing

Skybluedownunder

For some reason I can never view pics on here. [mention]Nick [/mention]would you happen to know why or what settings I need to adjust to view pictures?
21d329b168eb3b113b1a794620cbe669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Come on anybody wavering. Get up there and support the lads. As a bonus, if you can find me in the ground, approach me with the phrase 'Is it you I'm looking for?' and you'll ge ta beer (or a black eye if it's not, probably) Offer doesn't extend to @rob9872 or @Hutch11 who have an unfair advantage!!

NorthernWisdom

Come on anybody wavering. Get up there and support the lads. As a bonus, if you can find me in the ground, approach me with the phrase 'Is it you I'm looking for?' and you'll ge ta beer (or a black eye if it's not, probably) Offer doesn't extend to @rob9872 or @Hutch11 who have an unfair advantage!!
Does this offer apply if we see you in the chip shop or supermarket?

Users who are viewing this thread