Match Thread Coventry City vs Middlesbrough Play off Semi final 1st leg Match Thread -Sunday 14th May (3 Viewers)

fatso

The pressure will be on Middlesbrough on Wednesday, their fans will expect them to walk all over us at home.
If we keep it at 0-0 for half an hour the fans will get jittery and that will translate to the players and mistakes will be made.
I've got a positive feeling!!!

kmboro

I think most sensible Boro fans know Wednesday will be as equally difficult a game as what today was.

Both sides styles of play seem to clash and make it more difficult for one another.

Im definitely still as nervous as I was before the game today!

Twitter posts goading opposition fans are 99% of the time kids with football player profile photos or older men who should know better.. same as stupid threads like the one on FMTTM.

Anyway, Wednesday. Let the best team win!

Saddlebrains

I think thats it tbh

Lets be honest Boro havent got out of first gear today or Monday

We've done so well to get where we have and so so proud of everyone at the club anything from here is an unexpected bonus

Macca

I think thats it tbh

We've done so well to get where we have and so so proud of everyone at the club anything from here is an unexpected bonus

I’m usually Mr Pessimism but far from over in my opinion. 70-30 in Boro favour maybe but still think we can shithouse our way through

David O'Day

I think thats it tbh

Really, wow

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I think thats it tbh

You could argue they haven't got out of first gear for a while now. Their form is pretty poor.

I'm not confident Wednesday and feel it rides on Vik and Hamer magic.

RoboCCFC90

I hoped that today we would take a goal advantage up to Boro, I felt as if we would need it. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be.

Boro nullified us very well, we only restricted them to a few chances, thankfully Akpom didn’t fancy a goal against us today.

All to play for Wednesday, a draw today probably suits Boro more, they’ll fancy their chances at home. We’ve got to do something we haven’t done and win at the Riverside.

Godden looked off it today, there seemed to be quite a few nerves on the pitch as well as in the stands. Recover and go again Wednesday.

steve cooper

Really? That's a shit rule!
The winner of a semi-finals is decided by the tie's aggregate score after the two legs. If the aggregate score is level at the end of the 90 minutes of the second leg, then an additional 30 minutes of extra time is played to try to create a winning team. If the score at the end of extra time is still level then the tie is decided by penalty kicks. Away goals do not count in the play-off semi final matches.

Otis

Just watched the game now, so haven't been following any of the posts on here.

Not sure of everyone's thoughts, but I am not too despondent.

We gave Middlesboro far too much space in that first half hour or so and we looked a little lost. When we started to press we looked a lot better.

It was a nervy performance though, but I still feel we can do it. McNair might have kept Gyokeres quiet 2 games running, but the quality of the guy tells me there is no way he's going to keep him quiet 3 games in a row.

I think we will be better on the break in the return leg. Pity we had no shots on target, but we are still bang in there and it could be now that Boro are a bit over confident that the tie is now in the bag.

I fancy our chances on Wednesday.

Finham

The winner of a semi-finals is decided by the tie's aggregate score after the two legs. If the aggregate score is level at the end of the 90 minutes of the second leg, then an additional 30 minutes of extra time is played to try to create a winning team. If the score at the end of extra time is still level then the tie is decided by penalty kicks. Away goals do not count in the play-off semi final matches.
Not disputing it. Still shit.

bigfatronssba

I feel just as confident as if we’d won 1-0.

We were never going to get through to the final today, but we could’ve found ourselves out of it

Speedie's Head

A great shame we couldn't manage an early goal as Monday. With them chasing the game we'd have gone on to win it today I had been thinking. We were much too deep but they couldn't finish us off luckily. Still in it and all to play for..

David O'Day

Some of the Boro fans were rare breeds today. If any Boro fans are reading this, why do you lads like 3/4 length trousers so much?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Danceswithhorses

Played 'boro 3 times this season...won 1 drawn 2 lost 0
Nothing to get too worried about based on that, though obviously anything can happen in a one off game.
We still have every chance of winning the 2nd leg.

Hobo

Ok a lead would have been nice. But 0-0 is fine. They have to come at us more now and that will suit us. Keep it tight in the first half and put the emphasis on them.

They paid us a lot a respect today and played a defensive game of chess. We were mindful too because they look more dangerous as a counter attacking side.

Users who are viewing this thread